Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

static-harmony 08.26.2006 10:08 PM

Don't Kill, annihilate

acousticrock87 08.26.2006 10:09 PM

Oh man my old house had tons of silverfish. And these little tiny silverfish-like things that came out of drains in one of the seasons (can't remember which). Luckily, this house really just has spiders. And the occassional house centipede. My ex-girlfriend's house was infested with pincher bugs, though. I had to kill them, cause they came in through the window right outside the door, so saving them was a bit pointless.

k-krack 08.26.2006 10:09 PM

exterminate.

acoustic- sick man, never really seen a centipede.. except one time i think on the "family" cottage recently there was something like one? are they pretty small? not too many spiders here, lotsa silverfish in the bathroom/my room in the dark areas (under my bed, the floor vent...)

acousticrock87 08.26.2006 10:14 PM

The centipedes here are relatively small. We've only had maybe one or two a year in the 3 years we've lived here, but they're about like this:

And they're usually on the ceiling.

k-krack 08.26.2006 10:16 PM

oh goodness me!!! (sickin' up) i would take silverfish over that motherfucker any day!!! holy crap! that is... ick...

acousticrock87 08.26.2006 10:20 PM

Ya but they're easy as hell to kill. Silverfish tend to survive the most devastating blows without a scratch. So do pincher bugs. That's why I hate them.

k-krack 08.26.2006 10:22 PM

really? maybe you had super-silverfish. the ones here, i notice, arre kind of like dust... at least there innards are. i always catch em in the bathroom, although they may be quick, i always get 'em with toilet paper and they leave a sort of dusty residue, which wipes up easily. kinda sick, but i mean... im not gonna let that bitch go, y'know?

static-harmony 08.26.2006 10:26 PM

I get roaches all the time they are impossible to kill, and they are destroying my book collection. They leave it really dirty.

k-krack 08.26.2006 10:32 PM

ahh sickening!

static-harmony 08.26.2006 10:34 PM

But they make great companions.

acousticrock87 08.26.2006 10:44 PM

Haha. Sounds like something out of a book itself. Sitting in a library with nothing but squalid books and roaches for companionship.
Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
really? maybe you had super-silverfish. the ones here, i notice, arre kind of like dust... at least there innards are. i always catch em in the bathroom, although they may be quick, i always get 'em with toilet paper and they leave a sort of dusty residue, which wipes up easily. kinda sick, but i mean... im not gonna let that bitch go, y'know?

I think it's because I used shoes to kill silverfish and they always ended up between the treads.

k-krack 08.26.2006 10:49 PM

ooooh. that could be why. damn threaded shoes. my shoes are like an iron maiden, theres no threads, but there is these sort of spikes,. like... ^^^ on all sides. so if part of the silverfish were to be in between the spikes, another part of it would probably feel the pain.

speaking of iron maiden's. shit that would hurt!

acousticrock87 08.26.2006 11:01 PM

I didn't even know that's what those were called. I had to look it up. I assumed they were called "those coffin things with spikes."

"Supposedly, they were designed so that when the doors were shut, the spikes skewered the victim, missing vital organs and permitting the victim to remain alive and upright. The spikes were also movable in order to accommodate each victim.

The condemned person was kept in an extremely confined space to maximize his level of suffering by claustrophobia. Mobility was nearly impossible, and if the victim was weakened by the ordeal, the piercing objects would remain in place and tear into the body even further, causing even more intense pain.

The doors of the maiden could be opened and closed one at a time, without giving the victim opportunity to escape. Supposedly, this was helpful when checking on the victim"

k-krack 08.26.2006 11:04 PM

there were also special spikes for the eyes. i suppose they were just a little longer? maybe more blunt? not sure. and there was a drain in the bottoms for blood to run out. i want to check it out right now. wikipedia, here i come.

acousticrock87 08.26.2006 11:08 PM

"As far as claustrophobia is concerned, one could surmise that a person being impaled by sharp knives in this device might not be as upset about the enclosed space as they would about being impaled. However, that is subject to conjecture."

Hahaha. I love when wikipedia has a sense of humor. Intentional or not.

k-krack 08.26.2006 11:12 PM

i don't know about that, if i were to get impaled in multiple places at once, i would like it to be in an area where i could stretch my legs a little.

in fact, i would be outright pissed at the fact that they didn't have the decency to maybe even let me stand by myself without the kinves holding me up. jerks.

John Violence 08.27.2006 12:32 AM

My ex girlfriend found a fucking scorpion in her room once. That's pretty crazy.

Cantankerous 08.27.2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
The centipedes here are relatively small. We've only had maybe one or two a year in the 3 years we've lived here, but they're about like this:

And they're usually on the ceiling.

those things are fucking scary, aren't they? i freaked out because i saw one on the wall on numerous occasions.

finding nobody 08.27.2006 12:36 AM

I found many brown recluse spiders in my house. Have you ever seen someone who's been bitten by one of those? ew!
Johnny McV
you gotta join the prussian blue forums

acousticrock87 08.27.2006 01:33 AM

Are you sure, man? That's bad. If they bite you in the middle of the night...

We have black widows and stuff, but only in the garage. If they were in the house, the exterminators would be there the next day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
those things are fucking scary, aren't they? i freaked out because i saw one on the wall on numerous occasions.

I think the ones that size are pretty harmless. I've heard the bites are comparable to a wasp sting. Poisonous but not dangerous. They seem to come up on this board a lot. I think it's my fault.

static-harmony 08.27.2006 01:45 AM

I hate living in shitty apartments it is full of bugs.

acousticrock87 08.27.2006 01:51 AM

That could have been a wolf spider. I found a huge one in our dining room once, and, I kid you not, it was so big that from across the room I thought it was a mouse. The guy across the street bred snakes (he had something like 30 of them, but his job had nothing to do with them so I didn't ask...) so we called him over to catch it and he told us what it was. Kind of looked like that, but I don't remember the legs being transparent

schizophrenicroom 08.27.2006 02:23 AM

all these insects are creeping me out. here is bad moon rising on vinyl.

pao-lino 08.27.2006 04:54 AM

btw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fdgC_wOnlJk
wow... the best sonic youth vid I have seen in months... superKim. thurston on bass-kicksass.

Trasher02 08.27.2006 08:27 AM

Nice vid!

finding nobody 08.27.2006 01:43 PM

I GOT SNAKES ON a plane (bootleg dvd) from my neighbor!!!!!!!!

KENAN

Hip Priest 08.27.2006 01:45 PM

Care to give it marks out of ten?

finding nobody 08.27.2006 01:48 PM

I just put it in. IT's such a hardcore bootleg! someone seriously sneaked a camara into a theater. you can see people stand up during the movie. and it's pretty blurry

schizophrenicroom 08.27.2006 01:55 PM

that's hardcore 4 real.

finding nobody 08.27.2006 03:22 PM

I give it 8 out of 10. Certainly worth watching

Hip Priest 08.27.2006 05:52 PM

Going by your film still, Finding Nobody, I have to say I'm surprised that the flight was considered economically viable in the first place due to the number of empty seats. Mind you, would you want to travel with that upholstery?

Eight out of ten is a decent score though - if I get the chance then I'll watch the film.

schizophrenicroom 08.28.2006 05:04 PM

i lost a bid on the kill yr idols ep by a dollar at the very last minute. gr.

static-harmony 08.28.2006 05:18 PM

Don't worry Schizophrenicroom one day the other person will say that.

schizophrenicroom 08.28.2006 05:42 PM

hopefully. i beat out someone for that royal trux cassette that was mine for a full dollar fifty.

static-harmony 08.28.2006 05:45 PM

that is the way to go, I've never used ebay, is it any reliable?

static-harmony 08.28.2006 05:49 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/sonic-youth-mudhoney-split-7-sub-pop-clear-vinyl-new_W0QQitemZ160022098449QQihZ006QQcategoryZ306QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

why don't you get that one?

finding nobody 08.28.2006 05:55 PM

I would have the Bull In The Heather EP. but sonik ownt me

Hip Priest 08.28.2006 06:20 PM

I've only bid on ebay twice, for a book and a cd, but I won both times. I have to use other people's accounts as I don't have one - I'm a bit worried that I'd end up bidding for too many things.

schizophrenicroom 08.28.2006 06:30 PM

static- yeah. anything but clothes, you're gold.

joel- i got that a week ago. it's on its way.

sebastian- haha, i bid on about twenty things last night total. but all of them i've been outbidded on. it's my mom's account.

finding nobody 08.28.2006 06:34 PM

I find myself doing that alot Sabastian, Im not gonna bother looking now. because i know i'll see something i'd like and i dont have the money to buy it.
I just went to this thread for like 10 minutes so i could find out what day i started my job on

Let's talk Husker Rocket