Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

umjammer atomsk 06.05.2006 01:21 PM

hmm...

John Violence 06.05.2006 08:14 PM

You crazy gamers. I heard Thurston's favorite video game is Mario Paint.

umjammer atomsk 06.05.2006 08:15 PM

Mario Paint is wicked cool.

Hey anyone seen or heard of Elfen Lied? I watched a few episodes this morning and they were fucking crazy. So violent, like three hundred guards get ripped into peices in the first five minutes.

finding nobody 06.05.2006 08:16 PM

no joke? i used to have.. i still might actually

Inhuman 06.05.2006 08:17 PM

Niiicee, I love the music making part in it. There's a website with some of the best songs made with only Mario Paint, but I forget the URL. I was a big fan of the flyswatter game in it, and the animator was cool too

finding nobody 06.05.2006 08:18 PM

they even had the thing in that game where you could make songs

John Violence 06.05.2006 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Niiicee, I love the music making part in it. There's a website with some of the best songs made with only Mario Paint, but I forget the URL. I was a big fan of the flyswatter game in it, and the animator was cool too

I was so into that flyswatter game. I remember there were those annoying ones that would make a dramatic noise when you hit them.

finding nobody 06.05.2006 08:41 PM

yeah! i forgot about that. my dad beat the flyswatter game. i was way jealous

John Violence 06.05.2006 08:44 PM

I just assumed it was impossible to beat. I'm gonna have to break out the SNES and give it another go!

nomadicfollower 06.05.2006 08:56 PM

Mario Paint was the shit. In fact I still have the mouse and the mouse pad that came with it.
The flyswatter game was a bitch. I could get to the final boss (was it a bee or a giant fly?), but I could never beat it.
The best part of that game, though, was the music maker - where you took different nintendo symbols, each symbol creating a different sound, and place them on a staff to create music.

schizophrenicroom 06.05.2006 09:56 PM

anyone in here going to the atlanta show on the 19th?

finding nobody 06.05.2006 10:05 PM

im still not sure weather or not im going.. should find out soon though.
why? did you get your folks to let yo go?

marleypumpkin 06.05.2006 10:06 PM

^:
I wish. ATL is a great city to see a show. However I will be seeing the Asheville show on the 17th. Yippie!

nomadicfollower 06.05.2006 10:12 PM

I'm going to the Atlanta show. Can't wait.

schizophrenicroom 06.05.2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
im still not sure weather or not im going.. should find out soon though.
why? did you get your folks to let yo go?

well, i told my dad that i'm willing to pay him back for the tickets/extra charges. he said he'll talk it over with my mom tomorrow. no more "we'll see" bullcrap that never happened, he promised he'll seriously consider this trip. he just needs to make sure my mom's ok with it.

this means i'll be broke for my california trip in six weeks and i would have liked to have had cash, but um. yeah. at least i'm going there. money's got nothing to do with a good time. except the concert. whatever.

nomadic- sweet!

marley- i will be there in spirit.

marleypumpkin 06.05.2006 10:32 PM

-schizo-
I'll be sure to remember ya' when they play "Schizophrenia".
I have a good feeling they'll play it this time.

finding nobody 06.05.2006 10:35 PM

hey marley
i dont mean to keep bugging you about this.. i was wondering if you've listened to the raconteurs cd yet, and weather or not you liked it

jennthebenn 06.05.2006 10:35 PM

pantophobia and i are going to the atlanta show. first time there for both of us.

marleypumpkin 06.05.2006 10:59 PM

FN:
Oh yeah! I LOVED IT! I've been listening to it non-stop stince I got it. Along w/ several other newer albums. Like David Gilmour's "On An Island". Surprisingly good. Thanks a million.

sellouteater 06.06.2006 01:14 AM

I have bad news. My mom found out i smoke weed and i am grounded and the only time i can go online is when I sneak on. Its very hard to deal with and i was hoping some of the wonderful people here could help me cope with the pain. Its very hard to go with out weed and the internet all at the same time.