Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

█████████ 01.18.2008 03:52 PM

yeah, it's a bit weird and has happened to me as well, not exclusivly with people that i liked/liked me.

edit: the dreams

flophousefloozie 01.18.2008 03:56 PM

Isn't it so strange? Very eerie.

But, damn it, he has a girlfriend, and I was hitting on him HARD.

█████████ 01.18.2008 04:17 PM

and so what?
fuck him and see if that obsession is worth it.

flophousefloozie 01.18.2008 04:18 PM

No obsession is involved here. And I could never "walk on another girl's turf".

Rob Instigator 01.18.2008 04:27 PM

or run yr fingers thropugh another girl's man's hairy muff

girlgun 01.18.2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flophousefloozie
This guy who really liked me back in highschool had been appearing in my dreams lately. I haven't seen him in years. I told my friend Lawrence about it, and that I'm probably going to see him soon because of it.

THAT SAME NIGHT.

There's more to the story, but that's the gist of it.

This happens to me on occasion. So when I dream of them now, I'm not surprised when I run into them anymore..

Rob Instigator 01.18.2008 04:29 PM

what about the countless times you dream of someone and do NOT run into them?

let's get empirical here!!!!!!

flophousefloozie 01.18.2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what about the countless times you dream of someone and do NOT run into them?

let's get empirical here!!!!!!

Yeah, but I find I'll get a "feeling" about it.

EDIT: I called it, though, you know? I knew I would. Maybe I was expecting it, based on other experiences, like Girlgun's saying.

Rob Instigator 01.18.2008 04:38 PM

I guess the trick would be to make that ability useful somehow. to uise it when you want to use it.

that is where most psychic endeavors fall off. if the ability does exist then it is not something controllable.

EMMAh 01.18.2008 04:41 PM

http://www.a-diction.com/featr/freemohawks.php

girlgun 01.18.2008 04:42 PM

more often than not, I don't dream about people outside people that I have daily contact with. Plus my dreams are usually exceedingly boring...like I'll spend hours looking for a misplaced item. Those random people from my past that I'll dream about (which is an infrequent thing) are the ones I will run into in the next couple of days.

flophousefloozie 01.18.2008 04:44 PM

I had this cute little East Indian boss once a few years ago, when I worked at a tiny market downtown.

He made me begin to believe in these things. He told me so much about myself, and apparently saw that something was wrong with my stomache, before I found out that there was bacteria growing within it, and deteriorating it's interior.

He told me he saw the same "abilities" within me, so he went across the street to this bookstore that had a sale going on, and bought me a present. The book was called "How to Predict Your Future". It was so cute.

flophousefloozie 01.18.2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgun
more often than not, I don't dream about people outside people that I have daily contact with. Plus my dreams are usually exceedingly boring...like I'll spend hours looking for a misplaced item. Those random people from my past that I'll dream about (which is an infrequent thing) are the ones I will run into in the next couple of days.

Exactly!

flophousefloozie 01.18.2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh

Ha, that is sooo punk-rock.

EMMAh 01.18.2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flophousefloozie
Ha, that is sooo punk-rock.

Hahaha. I found the page randomly while looking for pictures of dreads. It made me laugh.

flophousefloozie 01.18.2008 04:54 PM

See! There it goes agin!
The guy I've been talking about has dreads! Weeeeeeird.

Okay, I know I'm pushing it now. So what?

girlgun 01.18.2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Hahaha. I found the page randomly while looking for pictures of dreads. It made me laugh.

egads!

floatingslowly 01.21.2008 09:34 AM

I work with a guy who is, as of this weekend, is the Champion Bullrider of the WORLD.

screamingskull 01.21.2008 11:13 AM

I am booked in to get a tattoo on Thursday at 16:00PM.

I spent today painting my wall space at university white (over black, which was a bitch!).

I am trading my Nikon D70S in for a Nikon D80, or possibly a Nikon D300.

screamingskull 01.21.2008 11:57 AM

my left wrist.