Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

king_buzzo 11.22.2006 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i can help with the spanish, buzzo.

oh, doesnt matter now, i already did the homework

schizophrenicroom 11.22.2006 12:00 PM

oh, ok. what are you up to now?

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 12:06 PM

Who? Me?

Talking to my girlfriend.

schizophrenicroom 11.22.2006 12:06 PM

ah, cool.

i'm talking to my best friend.

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 12:09 PM

That's nice.

What are people doing tonight, then?

I'm going to cook dinner soon, and some friends are popping round later. THe cricket starts later tonight (it'll be morning in Australia, but late night here) so I'll be listening to that.

schizophrenicroom 11.22.2006 12:12 PM

my mom's cooking dinner, i'm going to gym, then watching six feet under and hanging out.

lucyrulesok 11.22.2006 12:13 PM

I'm guessing this is kinda like the HEY thread on the old board???

My boyfriend is visiting me tonight! I'm SUPER excited 'cause I haven't seen him in ages and uni is lame. I'm cooking a nice dinner for us and then we will probably go out to the pub and talk about nothing which is one of my favourite things to do.

Alot of people I know have to have SERIOUS CONVERSATIONS all the time and it really gets to me. Alot of people I know are really lame.

king_buzzo 11.22.2006 12:16 PM

im studying that SHITTY math

its pretty easy though, most of it i figured out...

the right topics can be amazingly fun

schizophrenicroom 11.22.2006 12:17 PM

nah, this is like the sonic youth thread from the old board :) the HEY was more.. not cool.

but that's awesome! dates are fun.

a good serious conversation once in a while is nice, but yeah.. people can be lame sometimes and over-do them. it depends on the topic.

lucyrulesok 11.22.2006 12:24 PM

yeah its imporatnt to be serious sometimes, but i once had a 'friend' say to me when i invited her out for a drink "yeah, but are we actually gonna have a conversation?"

schizophrenicroom 11.22.2006 12:32 PM

haha.

lucyrulesok 11.22.2006 12:34 PM

yeah, its quite funny when you don't have to deal with those sort of people on a daily basis. seriously, if i don't call them for a few days they get really pissy with me and all like "oh dont you like me anymore?"

they are essentially good people but they DRIVE ME UP THE WALL

EDIT: i should probably stop bitching about my friends, i'm coming across as awful

stenson 11.22.2006 12:34 PM

Good afternoon! I remember the HEY#)(@$... thread was recreated at the start of this board as well, but people thought it should remain as a memoire, barharhar

schizophrenicroom 11.22.2006 12:35 PM

nah, you're not. i moan and groan about people (i can't complain about my friends, but i know a ton of non-friends i can say plenty of crap about), and i'm sure they do the same.

yeah, that HEY thread died fast. we uberpwned it.

my hour is up.. alas. bye, you guys.

DANNY! i missed you. damnit.

king_buzzo 11.22.2006 12:36 PM

how come everyone is from the old board?

stenson 11.22.2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
yeah, its quite funny when you don't have to deal with those sort of people on a daily basis. seriously, if i don't call them for a few days they get really pissy with me and all like "oh dont you like me anymore?"

I know exactly what you mean....
I'm doing my GRAFIXX design work and this little girl kept telling me to talk to her because she just broke up with her boyfriend, and she couldn't understand that I was busy, so she automatically assumed that I didn't like her because I was busy, and that's the type of thing that WOULD make me not like someone

lucyrulesok 11.22.2006 03:06 PM

indeed.

i'm in some silly assassins game at uni, and i just went to the loo and came back to find someone IN MY ROOM waiting to kill me.
the most infuriating thing is its not even against the rules. but how sneaky is that?? i am OUTRAGED. still, i get ressurrected in the morning, so that bastard is going down.

finding nobody 11.22.2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
how come everyone is from the old board?

Cause were cool

lucyrulesok 11.22.2006 03:12 PM

i LOVED the old board. i don't really know why i left, there was a period where i didn't have the internet for ages, and then i think i went back and it was all different and i got scared.
not that anyone would remember me anyway :D

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
i LOVED the old board. i don't really know why i left, there was a period where i didn't have the internet for ages, and then i think i went back and it was all different and i got scared.
not that anyone would remember me anyway :D

I joined last November. I don't remember us ever talking, but I'm sure I recall your old username. I did have a habit of searching through ancient threads, looking to resurrect something, so it might be from that. It's nice to have you here either way.

7,000 posts, I do believe. Hurrah. I'm going to make a cup of coffee to celebreate.

Back in a mo.

A Thousand Threads 11.22.2006 03:15 PM

yeah
we had good times on the old board, but damn it was old school

and now we´ve got this top-notch super high-tech arena with
integrated search function.
not bad at all

Danny Himself 11.22.2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
DANNY! i missed you. damnit.

JADE! I missed you!

Anyway, lucyrulesok, your username reminds me of Lucy from Peanuts.

sonicl 11.22.2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I joined last November. I don't remember us ever talking, but I'm sure I recall your old username. I did have a habit of searching through ancient threads, looking to resurrect something, so it might be from that. It's nice to have you here either way.

7,000 posts, I do believe. Hurrah. I'm going to make a cup of coffee to celebreate.

Back in a mo.

Congrats on the 7,000, Hip. I'm going to open a bottle of San Miguel in your honour.

Chin chin.

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 03:38 PM

Cheers mate. Looking forward to your 3,333rd post, which I hope will be coming soon.

sonicl 11.22.2006 03:46 PM

Are you going to be staying up to watch the Ashes? Or just watch the evening highlights?

king_buzzo 11.22.2006 03:47 PM

hey there

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 03:48 PM

We don't have that channel; but I'll be listening to as much as possible on BBC Radio Four's Test Match Special. I'll try to grab a few hours sleep in too, since I have work tomorrow. I'll watch the highlights too, of course.

I love cricket so much.

I hope we play Panesar ahead of Giles.

Hello king_buzzo.

sonicl 11.22.2006 03:48 PM

Good man. I usually get a running commentary from a couple of people at work. Overnight, sleep will always win out.

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 03:55 PM

It's at times like this that I'm glad I have insomnia.

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 03:57 PM

Live commentary on the web, from Test Match Special, can be heard here (UK only).

sonicl 11.22.2006 04:02 PM

Ah well, only three hours until the first ball is bowled. I hope it keeps you well entertained.

I'm going to sign off now, so I can give my full attention to Werder Bremen v Chelsea. I'm concerned that my inattention may be the reason for their inability to score. COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS!!!

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Ah well, only three hours until the first ball is bowled. I hope it keeps you well entertained.

I'm going to sign off now, so I can give my full attention to Werder Bremen v Chelsea. I'm concerned that my inattention may be the reason for their inability to score. COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS!!!

Good luck, I hope Chelsea win.

I'll be back later; aren't you just the lucky ones? :rolleyes:

king_buzzo 11.22.2006 04:04 PM

bye

k-krack 11.22.2006 04:07 PM

I haven't posted around here as much as I could. I always get carried away with other tasks, dammit.

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 05:23 PM

Tasks such as what? What oh-so important thing is keeping you away from your sonic duties?

Do you have a life in the real world, or something?

Danny Himself 11.22.2006 06:16 PM

I was just watching a show on C4, Hip Priest, about a band comprised of old people from Northampton, MA. They were an odd old people group who sang cool songs. They did an excellent cover of 'schizophrenia'.

Danny Himself 11.22.2006 06:17 PM

Oh, and also:

Chelsea LOST. Liverpool WON. Har har har.

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 06:17 PM

That sounds good. I'll have a look at the C4 website.

Danny Himself 11.22.2006 06:18 PM

It was called 'Young@Heart'.

Hip Priest 11.22.2006 06:20 PM

I had a read. They sound quite good.

You don't like Chelsea then?