Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

k-krack 11.30.2006 06:23 PM

I'm listening to The Stooges. I've only ever heard I Wanna Be Yr Dog (and No Fun covered by the Sex Pistols, and a couple covers of Search & Destroy) up until now.
Pretty kick-ass!

finding nobody 11.30.2006 06:28 PM

The self titled album? It's a classic. really it is. But i prefer Fun House. Keepin mind, Fun House is in my top 3 OF ALL TIME

marleypumpkin 11.30.2006 06:37 PM

Thurston Moore: Iggy! Here boy. Hey look, it's Iggy Pop. You're a fucking riot, you know that.

Dave Markey: "Funhouse" is my favourite LP. (laughs)

finding nobody 11.30.2006 06:42 PM

Great TYBP moment

TheDom 11.30.2006 06:45 PM

Fun House is a total cock-rock masterpiece.

The first LP dulls in camparison. In fact, the first one is pretty boring, especially that We Will Fall bull shit.

finding nobody 11.30.2006 06:47 PM

SUPER RARE SONIC YOUTH PERFORMANCE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vcl12oSKA...elated&search=
The s/t album still holds a place in my heart

marleypumpkin 11.30.2006 06:59 PM

Much abliged FN. I'll check this out when my John Coltrane phase dies down.

Oh, & if anyone's interested, I converted Thurston's new song that was posted on youtube to mp3 just to have the audio version of it for now. I did run it thru "WavePad" to clean it up just a tad 'bit, & it sounds pretty decent.

schizophrenicroom 11.30.2006 09:29 PM

raw power for me, mostly because "search and destroy" is tied to a ton of memories.

schizophrenicroom 11.30.2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
They are fantastic. I remember in one of the Olympics there was a five-strong women's team, and this one woman has two of the hula-hoop type things (I'm sure there's a technical name for them), with three footballs (?!) balanced kind of inside them (this description is dreadful). She does all this tumbling, as do the others, then throws the whole lot up in the air. The two ring, and two of the balls, head straight to the various points where her team-mates are tumbling to (and are duly caught), and the final football ends where the first woman is tumbling to. It was absolutely ridiculous that something so skilful could be done, and if I didn't know better I'd suspect computer trickery of some kind.

Off to work soon...

yes! the rhythmic gymnasts. god. those people are freaks.

finding nobody 11.30.2006 09:34 PM

I really like the production on Raw Power. The guitars will rip your fuckin face off!

k-krack 11.30.2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
raw power for me, mostly because "search and destroy" is tied to a ton of memories.

I'm listening to Raw Power. Only a few tracks, though.

finding nobody 11.30.2006 10:00 PM

Why not the whole thing?

m^a(t)h 11.30.2006 10:11 PM

ban me

k-krack 11.30.2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Why not the whole thing?

A friend sent me some songs from it (by my request). I made him not send the whole thing so that I need to buy it.

schizophrenicroom 11.30.2006 10:33 PM

hey steve!

joel- i know. it's so fierce at full blast. it wakes me up in the morning.

hey diesel

finding nobody 11.30.2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
A friend sent me some songs from it (by my request). I made him not send the whole thing so that I need to buy it.

Oh. that's cool

k-krack 11.30.2006 10:44 PM

Yeppers.
Hey Jade!

I'm writing a 'farce' for media class, it's about a feral child who is raised by wolves for 14 years, becomes the alpha male, and is taken into human society after his capture. He learns to communicate, and discovers human values and morals, finds humans atrocious. So, he desperately wants to return to the wild, to his wolven family, but is condemned from doing so...

How should I end it?

Inhuman 11.30.2006 10:45 PM

Sup Jade, Joel, K-Krack! What's your media class like K-Krack? I'm taking it in college.

k-krack 11.30.2006 10:47 PM

Hey, (is it Rob? Shit, I forgot!)
I love it, though it's a high-school course haha. It's great, we are making a movie right now (aside from this 'farce' story).

Inhuman 11.30.2006 10:52 PM

Nice! Sounds fun. And yep, it's Rob. I still don't know yours.

But yeah, my course doesn't go into movie creation until year 3. And it mostly focuses on the computer/design aspect of it. I love it though, I can't wait to get Groundwater back up sometime, because I'm still learning about creating web interfaces. I really wish I had it now, it's jsut the dedication and time it takes is too much for me while I'm still in school.

k-krack 11.30.2006 10:55 PM

I am...
Quote:

...steve!

And yes, it is fun.

k-krack 11.30.2006 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Nice! Sounds fun. And yep, it's Rob. I still don't know yours.

But yeah, my course doesn't go into movie creation until year 3.
And it mostly focuses on the computer/design aspect of it. I love it though, I can't wait to get Groundwater back up sometime, because I'm still learning about creating web interfaces. I really wish I had it now, it's jsut the dedication and time it takes is too much for me while I'm still in school.

Yikes! 4-year course, is it? And yeh, notify us when you get it back up! I was really excited for it!

schizophrenicroom 11.30.2006 11:00 PM

that farce story sounds really cool. right now i'm writing about an autistic boy, from the point of view of his family members, then at the last chapter it switches to his. i only have three paragraphs done, and it's due monday.. but yeah.

that media class sounds cool, rob.

Inhuman 11.30.2006 11:01 PM

It's a 3 year course actually! We don't have 4-year college courses over here. It's a career program so I go straight to working right after.

I'll definately notify you when it's back up too. It will be more organized and I'll use PHP so it will look cleaner.

But other than that, about your sig...what happened to touch me I'm sick? She's been gone for a while, do you know if she'll be back?

k-krack 11.30.2006 11:02 PM

No...I cry about her every day....

Every once in a while she pops back in. I'm devoted to her, hahaha.

k-krack 11.30.2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

that farce story sounds really cool. right now i'm writing about an autistic boy, from the point of view of his family members, then at the last chapter it switches to his. i only have three paragraphs done, and it's due monday.. but yeah.

that media class sounds cool, rob.

That's neat. What's it about? Just general life?

k-krack 11.30.2006 11:21 PM

I'm off, everyone. Night-night!

king_buzzo 12.01.2006 04:33 AM

hi. im in school. i got 2 frees today and for the other one i have to clean the cantine for some points.

lucyrulesok 12.01.2006 08:52 AM

ARGH I have a terrifying meeting with my tutor in 5 minutes where he reads out a report about me from everyone who teaches me in front of the president of the college and I'm terrified!
UNIVERSITY BLOWS (but I'm going home tomorrow! YES!)

stenson 12.01.2006 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
ARGH I have a terrifying meeting with my tutor in 5 minutes where he reads out a report about me from everyone who teaches me in front of the president of the college and I'm terrified!

nice, is your winter break starting? I'm just PDFing a major project right now, and I finish on the 8th

king_buzzo 12.01.2006 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyrulesok

gonna copy crypto on this one and say

sucks to your ass-mar

Hip Priest 12.01.2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Yeppers.
Hey Jade!

I'm writing a 'farce' for media class, it's about a feral child who is raised by wolves for 14 years, becomes the alpha male, and is taken into human society after his capture. He learns to communicate, and discovers human values and morals, finds humans atrocious. So, he desperately wants to return to the wild, to his wolven family, but is condemned from doing so...

How should I end it?

Have him do a speech to the people around him, saying that he prefers the feral life; that he respects their views, but he's going to return to the wild anyway. Have the crowd become more and more angry during his little speech until, at eh end, they are enraged and attack him. End the play with the main character lying on the floor, obviously quite injured, with some of the people giving little cheers, or commenting that they've 'tamed' him or something. The supposed savagery of his feral lifestyle will be counterpointed by the actual savagery of the intolerant, 'civilised' majority.

That probably doesn't fit too well with a farce though.

lucyrulesok 12.01.2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stenson
nice, is your winter break starting? I'm just PDFing a major project right now, and I finish on the 8th

the 8th isn't too long...
i've got 6 weeks off! i'm SO excited!

Trasher02 12.01.2006 01:47 PM

Teenag riot in a public station gonna fight and tear it up in a hypernation for you.

10 until my first sonic concert.

king_buzzo 12.01.2006 01:51 PM

10 days? brussels right?

Trasher02 12.01.2006 01:56 PM

Yeah.

king_buzzo 12.01.2006 01:59 PM

i was gonna go to that, but when theyre coming here, whats the point

Trasher02 12.01.2006 02:01 PM

Seeing them twice duh.

king_buzzo 12.01.2006 03:58 PM

Its Pizza Night Again!! This Time, Real Pizza!

schizophrenicroom 12.01.2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

That's neat. What's it about? Just general life?

we're given a quote or a word that we have to take and make a story out of, and this week the quote was "the wind may blow against the mountain, but the mountain never bows" or something like that. so i thought up this. it's how the boy really wants to be a writer.

i'm really mad at myself. in one of my classes we had this three-part quiz, and i spent too much time talking and ended up having to sorta half-ass the last part. and the second part i had to end rather abruptly because he was going "you all should be on the third part now..". pfffh.