Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

pad_023 09.28.2013 11:02 AM

Great result for albion today, matched Man Utd who looked very bereft of ideas.

Both goals were great, Amalfitano nutmegging Ferdinand and going on to chip the keeper was highly entertaining.

SonicBebs 09.28.2013 11:47 AM

We are fucked! Proper fucked.
We'll be down before Glen Murray gets back

Not one shot on target

demonrail666 09.29.2013 07:34 AM

I'm starting to think we might be joining you.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.29.2013 03:16 PM

Wimbley just saw some real football, and a classic American goal line stand. Fuck the Steelers, glad to see them 0-4, for the first time in 35 years. Brilliant!

Bytor Peltor 09.29.2013 05:47 PM

Which team is Malcolm Glazier running into the ground quicker this year: Tampa Bay Buccaneers or Manchester United?

demonrail666 09.29.2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Which team is Malcolm Glazier running into the ground quicker this year: Tampa Bay Buccaneers or Manchester United?

Don't know about the Buccaneers but they're definitely downsizing MU.

demonrail666 10.02.2013 03:01 AM

Man City v Bayern tonight

If Man City play the way they can (ie Kompany, Toure and Aguero all having a good night) Bayern might really struggle.

!@#$%! 10.02.2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666

If Man City play the way they can (ie Kompany, Toure and Aguero all having a good night) Bayern might really struggle.

oh shit

i need to call that sports bar

!@#$%! 10.02.2013 07:17 AM

fuckin fox is gonna show man u / shaktar donetsk

demonrail666 10.02.2013 11:53 AM

And there was me thinking the US is a first world country

_slavo_ 10.02.2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666

I hope it's gonna be aired somewhere. this looks like a top match.

h8kurdt 10.02.2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
fuckin fox is gonna show man u / shaktar donetsk

I still don't understand why you don't just stream legally.

!@#$%! 10.02.2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I still don't understand why you don't just stream legally.

im on satellite internet that's capped during daytime.

viva la farmlife

demonrail666 10.02.2013 01:58 PM

Big fuck up by Joe Hart

h8kurdt 10.02.2013 04:24 PM

Negredo's goal was *kisses finger Italian style* great though. Joe Hart has turned into a right butter fingers of late. Too many silly mistakes.

!@#$%! 10.02.2013 04:48 PM

3-1? is it true? oh sweetness.

demonrail666 10.02.2013 07:23 PM

Yeah, 3-1. Bayern looked very good, although it was also one of MC's all too regular off nights: their defence may as well have gift-wrapped at least two of Bayern's goals. City's problem looks like one of inconsistency. On their day I'm convinced they can challenge anyone but too often they self destruct, especially at the back. Equally, Bayern's strength this year may be that, while they might not be as strong or attractive to watch as they were last season, I still haven't seen them play badly yet. But I think all the realistic contenders for the trophy that I've seen so far look slightly weaker this year - ironically with the possible exception of Man City (assuming they're actually realistic contenders) and maybe Real and PSG. This definitely feels like a transition year in European football, at least. The management changes in the summer made that inevitable. I can see this being a vintage year for upsets and excitement and backroom intrigue but not necessarily in terms of quality.

!@#$%! 10.03.2013 04:06 PM

i saw the highlights. how come when the ingleses lose you guys say "oh, we played terrible" instead of "the other side played great"?

lovely goals all-around, from both sides.

and boateng red-carded? what did i say about beefing up the defense instead of more & more & more & more midfielders?

yeah. it's gonna be trouble.

demonrail666 10.04.2013 05:40 AM

I like to think I'm usually pretty even-handed and will often support a foreign club over certain English ones. In this instance I didn't have any strong feelings either way. I mentioned that I thought Bayern were very good but I can't ignore the fact that City made things pretty easy for them, especially when we've seen what they can do. You talk about 'lovely' goals but 2 of Bayern's 3 were the result of some terrible City defending. That's not to say Bayern didn't deserve to win, they did, but I was more disappointed with City than anything else.

!@#$%! 10.04.2013 06:53 AM

true the highlights don't show the whole game, but the papers wrote about "master class" by bayern etc. oh damn i hate to miss this. going bananas. but soon. SOON DAMMIT. well maybe not so soon ha ha ha.

anyway, in the highlights, i didn't think joe hart did a bad job though-- h8kurdt called him "butterfingers"? i mean ribery's shot was nearly as well placed as negredo's, and with that speed and where it bounced... uncatchable. then the ramdeuter's goal was great, almost south-american (ha ha)-- ZM sez from a poorly executed offside trap (there's the bad defense you mention, though that can happen to anyone). but seriously, at least in what i saw i can place no blame on joe hart. (i have great admiration for the guy so maybe i think he can do no wrong-- but at least in what i saw, not sure i can fault him-- the goal shots were within reach but hard/fast/etc.) ZM says it was the two MC strikers not helping on defense and bayern's dominance in the midfield that tilted the balance, but i have no way to agree or disagree with that. but butterfingers??