Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

Florya 05.05.2009 06:52 PM

Just got back from the Arsenal v Man U game.

Not happy :(

demonrail666 05.06.2009 06:25 AM

A silly mistake by Gibbs and a freak wonder-free kick from Ronaldo and the match was finished before it'd even really started.After that I just thought Arsenal were awful. Although nice to watch, their tendency to over-play can get really frustrating.

blunderbuss 05.06.2009 06:56 AM

Prediction for tonight:

Chelsea 1 - 1 Barcelona

demonrail666 05.06.2009 07:14 AM

Yeah, which sees Barcelona go through on the away goal.

I really want to see Barcelona go through, especially after seeing how Chelsea played in the opening leg.

ithinkimissyou 05.06.2009 07:41 AM

I hope Barcelona destroy Chelsea tonight, but the absence of Puyol and Marques at the back could prove to be too much.

Last nights game was very very disappointing. Arsenal just don't seem to have the players - Fabregas' performances have reminded me of how Henry played when his time at Arsenal was coming to an end, still a class act but his head/heart isn't there anymore, I suspect he's going to leave - but go to god knows where.

I mean at one point last night he passed the ball 5 yards straight to a Man U player. It was just appalling.

I feel sorry for Gibbs, as he is a very talented young player - hopefully he bounces back straight away.

This is said a lot but I think it's true: Arsenal sorely lack a few experienced old pros on the team.

Anyway prediction for tonight... glargh blargh...

Hoping for a 3-1 win to Barcelona

But I reckon Chelsea are going to score goals against Barcas defence...

*brain hurts*

3-3

PAULYBEE2656 05.06.2009 10:13 AM

barca for the cup! ...please...for my sanity sake..

demonrail666 05.06.2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithinkimissyou
I hope Barcelona destroy Chelsea tonight, but the absence of Puyol and Marques at the back could prove to be too much.

Last nights game was very very disappointing. Arsenal just don't seem to have the players - Fabregas' performances have reminded me of how Henry played when his time at Arsenal was coming to an end, still a class act but his head/heart isn't there anymore, I suspect he's going to leave - but go to god knows where.

I mean at one point last night he passed the ball 5 yards straight to a Man U player. It was just appalling.

I feel sorry for Gibbs, as he is a very talented young player - hopefully he bounces back straight away.

This is said a lot but I think it's true: Arsenal sorely lack a few experienced old pros on the team.

Anyway prediction for tonight... glargh blargh...

Hoping for a 3-1 win to Barcelona

But I reckon Chelsea are going to score goals against Barcas defence...

*brain hurts*

3-3

I agree.

Wenger makes too much of his team's age. It's true that they'll improve but whose to say that they won't move on the minute they do?

the ikara cult 05.06.2009 01:07 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8036367.stm

Damn, of all the things to push you over the edge...

On a lighter note, i was supposed to be on a date tonight but it has fallen through so i will be able to watch Chelsea grind out a depressing result to see off Barca. Which is a far better reason to want to leave this mortal coil

ithinkimissyou 05.06.2009 01:13 PM

Henry out :(

Argh, *bites fingers off*

I'm not sure what way this is going to go

This pukey sick feeling of anticipation and trepidation is what makes sport great

ithinkimissyou 05.06.2009 02:34 PM

Ugh.

Chelsea are horrible to watch.

But they're a goal up.

Alves already booked.

Barcelona please win, for my sanity...

jon boy 05.06.2009 02:44 PM

no way! as much as i dont like chelsea and thats a lot, i would rather them go to the final as they seem the only ones capable of beating the scum.

ithinkimissyou 05.06.2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
no way! as much as i dont like chelsea and thats a lot, i would rather them go to the final as they seem the only ones capable of beating the scum.

on current evidence, this is true

but i still hope for Barca to step up a gear and just play great attacking football and destroy a team set up with 11 men behind the ball most of the time

i really, really, really dislike chelsea and many of their players - but i think their work rate is phenomenal and they are quality. but.. bah..

hoping for a more open second half

*opens beer*

ithinkimissyou 05.06.2009 03:10 PM

oh good fucking christ almighty...

oh good god

*bangs head*

not watching anymore

great ref

pokkeherrie 05.06.2009 03:36 PM

Jeez, I think that was Barca's first and only shot on goal in 90+ minutes. :rolleyes:

Moshe 05.06.2009 03:45 PM

wow!

pokkeherrie 05.06.2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy

sadly, i think that is true. plus, barca will miss abidal and dani alvez... (ok, man u will miss fletcher, but still)

Florya 05.06.2009 03:46 PM

Well played the 12 men of Barca!

nicfit 05.06.2009 03:48 PM

2 amazing goals, lame referee (red card??penalties??), kinda bad result...I mean, barca played a great League, but Chelsea managed to keep total control for 180mins...bah.
I'm tempted to root for MU now, go figure...

ithinkimissyou 05.06.2009 03:50 PM

I actually don't think Man U will play such a negative game so it'll be a better match, but they have to be favourites.

Hopefully Henry will be back

the ikara cult 05.06.2009 03:51 PM

hahahaha!
What a relief, the final might actually be a decent game now even though theyre missing the full backs. Cant believe the referee too, bring him to the premiership!