Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

k-krack 11.17.2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
It's great job because we're the friendliest place on earth. Setting up was easy; we're not funded at all, by anyone, it was just a matter of finding an empty building to rent.

The centre (and the two paid jobs) is supported entirely by the money that the shop brings in. The shop sells a mixture of Fairtrade goods and donated items. People can then use the rooms for whatever they wish, for next to no cost.

All you need is an empty place to rent, and to sell other people's unwanted goods. Involve everyone and be friendly. We have two paid staff and some volunteers.

On the Buses is classic comedy.

That's fantastic! There is a place like that here, called Myths & Mirrors, but they have moved into the shitty area of town, the gov't kicked them out I believe.. don't know for sure though, so their isn't much happening with them lately... Used to be a great place for shows, real intimate-like. I saw the Doers and Run Chico Run (two fantawesometic Vancouver bands) there back in ...2004??? One of the best local shows of all time.

k-krack 11.17.2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static-harmony
That sounds interesting building and renting it.

Hey, static.

static-harmony 11.17.2006 04:06 PM

hey, k-krack. how has your day been?

k-krack 11.17.2006 04:08 PM

Sorry to cheat and just copy and paste what I said a few minutes ago, hahah, but I gotta run!

"Pretty boring, I had two spares in the morning (math spare being the awesomest thing ever!!! (My teacher is, honestly, the worst teacher I have ever had))

So, my day was incredibly easy/boring, with two art classes int he afternoon. All in all, pretty boring, but I am going to my friends bands' show tonight, which shall be great." - me, a few minutes ago.

Have a good night/day, whatever it is, man!

static-harmony 11.17.2006 04:09 PM

Day, I am off as well I am going to finish my Photography final right now. Walk My town, for some good pics.

finding nobody 11.17.2006 10:22 PM

I did some drugs tonight at work. Fun.

static-harmony 11.18.2006 06:23 PM

heelllllooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

k-krack 11.18.2006 06:24 PM

Hey, bro.

static-harmony 11.18.2006 06:27 PM

How is your part of the world, tonight or this evening?

k-krack 11.18.2006 06:32 PM

(It's 6:23PM)
I'm doing quite well, though it's very cold... My (maybe) girlfriend (who is also my ex) just left.

static-harmony 11.18.2006 06:36 PM

I am doing good it is only 3:29 I wish it could get cold in Los Angeles, it never gets that cold at all. The lowest it goes is fifty. Lame.

king_buzzo 11.18.2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

heelllllooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

bye

Hip Priest 11.18.2006 07:07 PM

Hello again, everyone.

Danny Himself 11.18.2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
The centre (and the two paid jobs) is supported entirely by the money that the shop brings in. The shop sells a mixture of Fairtrade goods and donated items. People can then use the rooms for whatever they wish, for next to no cost.

All you need is an empty place to rent, and to sell other people's unwanted goods. Involve everyone and be friendly. We have two paid staff and some volunteers.

I should stop by sometime. Do you ever hold events, such as craft sales or whatever?

k-krack 11.18.2006 07:23 PM

Heya, Hip.

k-krack 11.18.2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

I am doing good it is only 3:29 I wish it could get cold in Los Angeles, it never gets that cold at all. The lowest it goes is fifty. Lame.

50 F would be ... something like 10 C? (sp?) I like warm weather, and moderately cool weather... Sudbury winters suck about as hard as anything.

schizophrenicroom 11.19.2006 01:36 PM

holy shit, it's been getting cold here. we have a parade coming up (whoo, nearly 4 miles wearing a drum!) and it's mid-morning, so i get to freeze my ass off. it will be exciting.

i am seeing ted leo and the pharmacists/death cab for cutie tonight. i'm going to heckle some emo kids.

do any of you guys watch six feet under?

king_buzzo 11.19.2006 01:58 PM

haye

nicfit 11.19.2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
nearly 4 miles wearing a drum!

And nothing else?

finding nobody 11.19.2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
haye

haye iz. 4 hor13s