Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

screamingskull 02.22.2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daydreamsammy
haha, i'm glad we're in the same boat then!! at least this way we can actually COMMUNICATE with other people while sitting behind a desk/in an office... :)

Thats the same situation most of us are in when we are here. Occasionally someone will get caught by their boss and then start a bunch of "I HATE MY JOB" threads.

floatingslowly 02.22.2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daydreamsammy
haha, i'm glad we're in the same boat then!! at least this way we can actually COMMUNICATE with other people while sitting behind a desk/in an office... :)

isn't that the truth.

my job keeps me tied to the net almost all day long. I have nothing really to say to my coworkers, so it's a relief to be able to talk to people that don't SUCK.***

***Disclaimer: my coworkers don't really suck as people, just not really anyone there I could hang with.

Inhuman 02.22.2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
isn't that the truth.

my job keeps me tied to the net almost all day long. I have nothing really to say to my coworkers, so it's a relief to be able to talk to people that don't SUCK.***

***Disclaimer: my coworkers don't really suck as people, just not really anyone there I could hang with.

Yeah, my classmates are all into SNOWBOARDING and disscussing "GOOD ROCK MUSIC" that plays on the radio all day long. I don't find them too too interesting at all, so I barely talk to them

girlgun 02.25.2007 10:20 PM

hi. i'm new and stuff.

i will try to be good.

nicfit 02.26.2007 03:29 AM

Welcome to this blue soulsuckin' hole girlgun.

_slavo_ 02.26.2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgun
hi. i'm new and stuff.

i will try to be good.

haha, this has actually made me laugh :)

skye 03.01.2007 12:52 PM

My name is Skye, I was born, I grew, I'm in my 18th year of mortal exsistance. I'm currently stuck in Rhode Island, & probally will remain here for the rest of my life, sadly. My hobby include but are limited too photography & urban exploration. I have seen Sonic Youth live twice at Lupo's. Other music I adroe is anything created by Fiona Apple, My Bloody Valentine, Elliot Smith, Mogwai, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, L7, Nine Inch Nails, Kraftwerk, Miss Kitten & the Hacker, Portishead, Madonna, & such. This is I-

Words of wosdom: You're never too old for tree forts!

Inhuman 03.01.2007 01:07 PM

Hey Skye! How are you? That's a really pretty picture! And that's awesome that you like Godspeed; my brother's friends with most of them!

gmku 03.01.2007 01:36 PM

Nice pic, Skye. Nice tree fort. So since someone as cool as you likes Godspeed!, I think today for the first time I just might have to go pick up one of their LPs. Post-rock scares me, but maybe it's time I stopped being such a wimp about it.

skye 03.01.2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Hey Skye! How are you? That's a really pretty picture! And that's awesome that you like Godspeed; my brother's friends with most of them!

Oh wow, how does he know some of the members? Have you met them?

skye 03.01.2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Nice pic, Skye. Nice tree fort. So since someone as cool as you likes Godspeed!, I think today for the first time I just might have to go pick up one of their LPs. Post-rock scares me, but maybe it's time I stopped being such a wimp about it.

Haha, I'm happy to know I insipred someone to pick up a GYBE compliation. It's important that everyone give post-rock a chance. So listen to the "Dead Flag Blues" & get ready for the apocalypse. ;)

Trasher02 03.01.2007 02:59 PM

Welcome welcome welcome everyone

Inhuman 03.01.2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skye
Oh wow, how does he know some of the members? Have you met them?

I encountered the drummer this past new years, just didn't speak to him because he was busy! He owns small recording studio loft in montreal and put on a show there, and he played a DJ set. And my brother is friends with some of them and knows the rest, they live in the same city (montreal). You should check out some of the GYBE side projects. Check out A Silver Mt.Zion and Triple Burner if you haven't!

floatingslowly 03.01.2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skye
So listen to the "Dead Flag Blues" & get ready for the apocalypse. ;)

I like the way you think!

although, I've moved on from Godspeed to A Silver Mt. Zion. :)

auto-aim 03.02.2007 01:27 PM

Hi - i just joined this second...
I'm mike and i suppose a long-ish time fan. - been meaning to join the board when the first london ATP show was announced.. i thought it'd be likely they'd announce another date so i thought this board would be the place to be. Turned out my prediction was correct but i missed my chance... So now i don't get to see sonic youth live which is a bummer. ah well.

Hi everybody!

Prisstina 03.02.2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auto-aim
Hi - i just joined this second...
I'm mike and i suppose a long-ish time fan. - been meaning to join the board when the first london ATP show was announced.. i thought it'd be likely they'd announce another date so i thought this board would be the place to be. Turned out my prediction was correct but i missed my chance... So now i don't get to see sonic youth live which is a bummer. ah well.

Hi everybody!

welcome, dude.

Tanzende Schauspieler 03.05.2007 09:28 AM

Hey,

I'm Tanzende Schauspieler...

...and I love a band called Sonic Youth.

Hope I'll fit in here!

A Thousand Threads 03.05.2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanzende Schauspieler
Hey,

I'm Tanzende Schauspieler...

...and I love a band called Sonic Youth.

Hope I'll fit in here!

welcome,
great username.

I hope youŽll have a good time here

Tanzende Schauspieler 03.05.2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
welcome,
great username.

I hope youŽll have a good time here

Thanks dude,

nice of you,

I see there's a vivid comunity around here, which is good to know!! :rolleyes:

Trasher02 03.05.2007 11:03 AM

Nice John Cleese picture. You into Monty Python?