Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

kat~topia 03.05.2007 05:54 PM

hi everyone...i'm kat...22years old now...i got dreadlocks that i adore...a boyfriend i adore...& i love music: sonic youth, no doubt, nirvana, madonna, keller williams, ani difranco, garbage & soooooo many more...so yea...i also write a lot & draw sometimes (tho i'm not very good:()

Hip Priest 03.05.2007 05:55 PM

Hello kat. Enjoy the forum.

kat~topia 03.05.2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Hello kat. Enjoy the forum.

thank you! so far it seems very cool here...

king_buzzo 03.06.2007 02:56 AM

hello people

_slavo_ 03.06.2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
Nice John Cleese picture. You into Monty Python?

Not only him :)

king_buzzo 03.07.2007 03:58 AM

you guys are making me very angry, POST NOW!

Tanzende Schauspieler 03.07.2007 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
Nice John Cleese picture. You into Monty Python?

yup

love'em

!

StevOK 03.07.2007 01:28 PM

Hello, I just joined a day or so ago. My name is StevO. Is there anything specific about this board that I need to know? (ie like you have a few silly catchphrases/ inside jokes I wouldn't understand).

SynthethicalY 03.07.2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevOK
Hello, I just joined a day or so ago. My name is StevO. Is there anything specific about this board that I need to know? (ie like you have a few silly catchphrases/ inside jokes I wouldn't understand).

Sarramkrop is Porkmarras spelled backwards and he is the queen of the board by popular demand.

StevOK 03.08.2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Sarramkrop is Porkmarras spelled backwards and he is the queen of the board by popular demand.

Ah yes, I caught on to that one. I've also caught on to the "yr" thing, but anyone who's ever listened to SY would get that one.

SynthethicalY 03.08.2007 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevOK
Ah yes, I caught on to that one. I've also caught on to the "yr" thing, but anyone who's ever listened to SY would get that one.

You will also hear things about Laila, umm she asked really odd questions. Most famous thread by her's is Was Robin Hood Real.

chrismc 03.09.2007 03:29 PM

Hi!
My name is Chris and I come from the Wirral in the UK. I turned 18 yesterday annnnnd I spend most of my waking hours seemingly doing coursework for school.
When I'm not doing that, I like picking up instruments and making noises with them, I like hanging out with my friends, I like going to see bands, I like reading books, I like listening to my records and CDs and MP3's.

I dont really know how often I will post here, it might be occasionally, it might be often.

We shall see...

StevOK 03.10.2007 01:42 AM

You mean my reign as the new guy only lasted like 3 days? Fuck!

Hey, can anyone tell me how to change my custom title to say something different than "empty page"?

sonicl 03.10.2007 02:02 AM

Yes - post more.

sonicl 03.10.2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismc
Hi!
My name is Chris and I come from the Wirral in the UK. I turned 18 yesterday annnnnd I spend most of my waking hours seemingly doing coursework for school.
When I'm not doing that, I like picking up instruments and making noises with them, I like hanging out with my friends, I like going to see bands, I like reading books, I like listening to my records and CDs and MP3's.

I dont really know how often I will post here, it might be occasionally, it might be often.

We shall see...

Well most people either post six times and go away never to return, or become addicted and spend every waking hour in here. I hope you'll like us enough to be one of the latter.

Welcome aboard (salutes).

StevOK 03.10.2007 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Yes - post more.

so it just changes once I get to certain levels of posts? I guess that's why so many of you guys are "invited to the sky".

LDopa 03.10.2007 09:57 AM

Hai, I was the user Grodey but I forgot my password.

loopheadtapenoise 03.13.2007 08:54 AM

i joined the other day - and am slowly checking out the board, work takes up too much of my time - i live in the uk, between london (where i am from) and oxford (where i work)
i am still stuck in a pre-daydream nation phase of sonic half-life - but i am happy with that
i love a lot of the new SY disks of modern classical and more experimental shit, having loved Lee Ranaldo's from here to infinity way back when
i have checked out some of Jim O'Rourke's solo stuff and like that too
i doodle with tapes and keyboards when i have the time - less and less, these days - but hope to catch SY in september this year
i look forward to meeting some new friends here

sonicl 03.13.2007 09:01 AM

Welcome aboard, loopheadtapenoise. Chesham, eh? Nice part of the world. I have friends in Amersham and Leighton Buzzard.

Nice name, by the way.

jon boy 03.13.2007 09:04 AM

what is leighton buzzard?