Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

EvdWee 12.25.2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
You don't get shit?

nah, one book...

but we have an other giftday in the netherlands: sinterklaas, 5 dec...

Inhuman 12.25.2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

I got:
Sigur Rós- Ágćtis Byrjun
At The Drive-In- Relationship of Command
Clerks II
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Life of Pi (Is it good? Mom got it for me)
Tribal drum + mallet for it
Tribal plinky instrument...
Shakers
Candy+Chocolate.
More later after the fambly din-din.

Life of Pi is excellent steve, I hope you enjoy it. And nice with the ATDI CD, Relationship is my favorite album by them, but vaya is also really close up there

schizophrenicroom 12.25.2006 11:30 PM

Clerks II dvd
The Office, season 1
Return To Cookie Mountain- TV On The Radio
ton of gift cards
50 buck check
10 dollars
purse
pajamas
skirt, jeans, tshirt

i got too much stuff. i can't see the floor in my room. it's rather ridiculous.
i ordered murray street this morning off of bestbuy.com for cheap.

i love relationship of command.

k-krack 12.25.2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
Clerks II dvd

i got too much stuff. i can't see the floor in my room. it's rather ridiculous.
i ordered murray street this morning off of bestbuy.com for cheap.

i love relationship of command.

Woo, high five!

Sweet dawg, Santa's a great, great man. Murray Street is raaaad.

I'd heard ROC a zillion times before, but it's super-expensive here, so I waited 'til xmas to get it, because I don't gotta pay. I'm going to buy Human Animal very shortly, and spend my thirty dollars on some other cds, I guess. (I'm thinkin' Daughters, dammit, they's good!)

k-krack 12.25.2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Life of Pi is excellent steve, I hope you enjoy it. And nice with the ATDI CD, Relationship is my favorite album by them, but vaya is also really close up there

Alright, a cool persons opinion on it. I wasn't sure about it, I'd only heard about it, and it was a hip book for a while, you can never be too sure with hip books.

Inhuman 12.25.2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Alright, a cool persons opinion on it. I wasn't sure about it, I'd only heard about it, and it was a hip book for a while, you can never be too sure with hip books.

haha thanks. Yeah, sometimes books that are "in" turn out terrible. "The DaVinci Code" was apparently shit and it was #1 for about 3 months running

k-krack 12.25.2006 11:46 PM

Yeh, that's 'cos of the fucking movie, in which Audrey Tautou destroyed her amazing image in my head. (The completely fuckable/awesome; Amélie Poulain).

Inhuman 12.25.2006 11:51 PM

I haven't seen it, but I'm glad I haven't. I hate when they make movies out of everything that gets big. Harry Potter movies are terrible IMO. And the Diablo and Starcraft BOOKS are rediculously evident that they're just for the money. And I hate when movies destroy mental images of character and atmosphere too. When I watched the "Where the Red Fern Grows" movie I thought it was crap, and the book was anything but.

k-krack 12.25.2006 11:53 PM

I've never watched or read Where the Red Fern Grows. Should I czech out the book? (Yikes, long waiting list of books to get...)

I'm reading Hemingway's A Moveable Feast. It's great thus far.

Inhuman 12.25.2006 11:56 PM

I haven't heard of it, but I'll check it out. One of my new years resolutions is to read more, although I'm currently engaged in the Bhagavad-Gita and a book based on American indie.

Where the Red Fern grows is excellent as far as I remember. It was a long time since I last read it, but was really sad at times and was well written.

k-krack 12.26.2006 12:05 AM

Ahh, sweet. Maybe I'll check that out eventually. Who's the writer? Ahh, I'm off for a bit man. Have a good night if I don't talk to you when I come back.

k-krack 12.26.2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
I haven't heard of it, but I'll check it out. One of my new years resolutions is to read more, although I'm currently engaged in the Bhagavad-Gita and a book based on American indie.

Where the Red Fern grows is excellent as far as I remember. It was a long time since I last read it, but was really sad at times and was well written.

Oh, a book I'd recommend if yr into poetry, The Complete Works of Billy the Kid by Michael Andaatje. It's poetry, written from the perspective of Billy the Kid, but not actually BY him. Very cool, and really interesting read.

schizophrenicroom 12.26.2006 12:38 AM

ok, call of duty is fucking awesome.

right now i'm reading "beasts of no nation", and it's really good, but the narrator is this african boy who speaks in that kind of.. broken english/african mix that kind of bugs. i want to love it so much but i keep correcting everything in my head. tomorrow i'm going to pick up a book or two. i think i'm just going to pick something at random.

Trasher02 12.26.2006 03:27 AM

I got Gears of war for the 360.
Haven't been able to try it out though cos the tv doesn't work...

HaydenAsche 12.26.2006 03:31 AM

Krackhead,

Do you have any other Wolf Eye's albums? If not, you should get Dread or Dead Hills first.

finding nobody 12.26.2006 01:03 PM

Dread is cool

Danny Himself 12.26.2006 03:21 PM

Hi everyone. My internet is being weird lately, so that should explain my absence, past and in the near future.

k-krack 12.26.2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Krackhead,

Do you have any other Wolf Eye's albums? If not, you should get Dread or Dead Hills first.

Nope, I don't, but Human Animal is at the record store. I don't feel like ordering anything right now, because I'm still waiting for three...FUCK.

schizophrenicroom 12.26.2006 05:00 PM

i didn't get the animal collective lp i meant to get. damn american eagle.

Danny Himself 12.26.2006 06:07 PM

I didn't get my Wowee Zowee reissue for christmas even though I asked Santa for it. :[