Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 01:38 AM

aw, man.

deep purple are playing in orlando real soon. the same guy's going to that one. i would go to sing along to smoke on the water and then leave but it's 59539 dollars.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 01:38 AM

I could never pay that much for concerts.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
aw, man.

deep purple are playing in orlando real soon. the same guy's going to that one. i would go to sing along to smoke on the water and then leave but it's 59539 dollars.

but deep purple were an awesome band!!!

i would not pay 5 cents to see them today, though. no blackmore and no lord = no deep purple.

all this talk about "classic" rock reminds me, the scorpions are coming to mexico soon.

the most i paid for a show is roughly $100 u.s.d., for ozzfest and metallica/pantera/monster magnet. both costed around that.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 01:44 AM

victor- i hate paying more than $25. morrissey is 48 but he's morrissey.

everye- eighth grade jazz band, we played "smoke on the water". it was 4393 levels of awesome. but mostly because i was on the set. my one song on the drum set.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 01:46 AM

i can only imagine that, you rocking out to smoke on the water in full on band gear.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 01:47 AM

Yeah. well I am off. I have school in the morning and it is finals. Take care guys.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 01:47 AM

there's this picture i have somewhere of us playing that live, and my face is somewhere between "YEAH"! and "fuck i dropped my stick". i played the last half-minute of the song that night (awards ceremony) with one stick.

later, victor.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 01:54 AM

good night, synth.

i'd pay to see that pic, schizo. yeah, keep rocking without a stick is pretty cool.

i find it weird when people here refer to themselves by their real names.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 01:57 AM

i wish i could find it. if i ever do, i won't charge you.

ah, i don't know. i do half/half.. some folk i address with their name, and you're every-e.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:02 AM

thanks, i was kinda bluffing about paying you.

yeah, i know, it's just that it's their "mortal" names, you know? i think it's weird, not something bad or anything; i've called you jade a couple of times, but how we address ourselves reminds of the good old days on the game's and limp bizkit's boards. so i'm cool with that.

the only people i refer to by real name are adam scissor shock (atsonicpark) and scott slimm archive cd (voided).

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:03 AM

hahaha the game. whenever i read about him i just think of those awesome threads on that board. then i go "every-e!", usually out loud.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:05 AM

i remember that too but when i see his videos, he's all "yeah! uh!" and i remember when we did the magik markers thread and when we hi jacked some dumb thread to talk about van halen and questionable content.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:08 AM

lmao, i think i actually typed out the instrument parts to "jump" or something. i remember doing something with his picture in ms paint.

i wonder if archive.org has anything up from it.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:13 AM

it would be worth a search.

that was so much fun, that and the original sonic youth thread at the old board.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:15 AM

i only hit 1,000 posts on the old board and it was because of all our posting on the game board.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:18 AM

hahahahahahahaha.

i think most of our posting was during the last of the board and because of the trolling.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:23 AM

yeah. it was the whole last week.

i remember there being a bit of downtime between the old one going down and this one going up. it was way early in the morning and i sat waiting and waiting.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:25 AM

hahahaha, i think i walk up the next day and everyone was already here when i joined.

i think my first thread i started here was the "post your avatar"

(you, of course, started many threads we still use today)

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:29 AM

i sat up all night trying to archive the old sonic youth thread.

hah. i take pride in knowing i started the introduction thread.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:32 AM

i wasn't sleeping well then (not that that has improved with time) and i remember i got hit with sleep very hard and had to go...should have stayed.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:36 AM

yes, but oh well.

i need to sleep more but i've never been able to. day before i leave i'll sleep all day so i can have a few hours to kick on here. little to no internet for two weeks is going to be odd.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:44 AM

i have insomnia, have had it since when i was like 14, if i get sleepy and don't go to bed when it happens, then it's most likely i won't get to sleep. i'm doing better now, though, although my sleeping schedules are always off, i either oversleep or don't sleep much and most of the time i'm sleepy when i'm awake.

what's happened lately is that, all morning i'm completely out when awake but then, during the afternoon and evening, i'm more alert and stuff.

good luck with sleeping all day, sounds like a good plan.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:48 AM

i've had it basically forever. i either just get a few hours of sleep (like i'll probably get in bed in another hour then wake up for 10) or i completely crash.

that's what's happening to me. i'm slow all day then at night i'm energized as hell.

yeah, i figure i'll get sean quiet then just lie down.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 02:51 AM

Could not sleep, but I am now. I was just writing, this is what I wrote.

The town is dead, all angels parted ways,
In a nightmare I was happy, I was a human being,
Heaven is done now, it was bulldozed to make room for a complex labyrinth of hell,
In the ninth circle of hell Homosexuals torture you,
I torture you,
I am not there nor here,
I am nonexistent as the lack of your imagination.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:52 AM

cool, good luck!!!

today i woke up all sleepy, like if i didn't get much sleep last night, which i actually did (came back early from my friend's gig i told you about), but was all dumb and about to go to sleep again, most of the day i was quiet and then around 8 or 9 i started to get more into it, and now i'm starting to get a little sleepy.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY

The town is dead, all angels parted ways,
In a nightmare I was happy, I was a human being,
Heaven is done now, it was bulldozed to make room for a complex labyrinth of hell,
In the ninth circle of hell Homosexuals torture you,
I torture you,
I am not there nor here,
I am nonexistent as the lack of your imagination.

whoa.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:55 AM

every-e- i slept on and off all day. i'm still feeling queasy.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
whoa.

It won't be done for maybe another three days or so. If I bother to get to write it more.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:58 AM

good poem, synth.

schizo: i had one of those like last tuesday i think, went to sleep at like 11, much earlier than usual.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 02:59 AM

Thanks every-e.

I should sleep, although I will fail the class anyways.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 03:00 AM

victor- tell me when you finish! if you're off to bed, night :)

everye- i go to bed early for drum camp but otherwise i'm just not tired before.. five am.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 03:03 AM

I have been meditating.

I used to sleep at nine in the morning and wake up at four, and go through the same process as well. This was when I was a High School drop out.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 03:03 AM

i try to make a point to go to bed at a consistent hour, trying to bring a little order and not provoke my insomnia, it's usually around 1 and 2.

sunday is the worst day for me, if i'm not beat and ready to sleep by 1 or something, i can't get to sleep anymore, some school related trauma might have to do with this.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 03:18 AM

victor- yikes! save for when i'm sick i can't go to sleep when it's bright out.

i hate sundays so much. i try to be out before midnight to get up for school. horrible day.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 03:19 AM

well guys, i'm off, i'll try to take advantage of the little sleepy i'm getting and go for it.

goodnight synth and schizo, catch you later.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 03:20 AM

good luck!

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 03:22 AM

thanks!

and yeah, i can't sleep when it's bright too or, even worse, when it's bright and hot outside. unless i'm sick too.

ok, bye guys, i'll be seeing you during the week.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 03:24 AM

that's how it always is here. i don't know how i did it yesterday.

see you.

you still here, victor?

king_buzzo 06.11.2007 03:28 PM

Hello, No school tomorow!! Lolerskating awesome!

Inhuman 06.11.2007 05:46 PM

Hello, work tomorrow! I am jealous of you Buzzo! I could be drinking bengal tea and painting, but instead I'll be training people to rake sand properly.