Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

Norma J 01.02.2007 12:34 AM

It's equality for me. I don't like hairy armpits etc on girls, and I don't expect a girl to just accept hair running rapid on my body either just because I'm a guy. Maintenance on both behalfs is good, I think.

Inhuman 01.02.2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
It's equality for me. I don't like hairy armpits etc on girls, and I don't expect a girl to like hair running rapid on my body either. Maintenance on both behalfs is good, I think.

Fair enough! I guess it really all sums down to the couple's preferences on the matter, but what if you get into the situation where she doesn't intend on shaving, but you do? I doubt this happens very often, but it would be interesting to see the turnout if it was reverse roles

schizophrenicroom 01.02.2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
I don't mind either way. In a sexually appealing way I don't mind it shaved, but if she's a feminist and doesn't conform to the typical female image by shaving it, it boosts her intellectual activist attractiveness more

score!

um..

yeah. hi there. i should be asleep, seeing as i need to wake up early to finish a project due soon i've barely started and it's driving me nuts but.. i'm not!

happy new year, folks.

Norma J 01.02.2007 12:44 AM

So you're a hairy girl, Schiz?

Inhuman 01.02.2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
score!

um..

yeah. hi there. i should be asleep, seeing as i need to wake up early to finish a project due soon i've barely started and it's driving me nuts but.. i'm not!

happy new year, folks.

hehe :)

Happy new year Jade! And you too Norma! That must be a bummer having to do a project over the break :(. When do you start school? I don't have to go back until the 19th, so I'm staying around here in montreal for a little while longer! Good luck with the project

schizophrenicroom 01.02.2007 12:50 AM

happy new year rob :)

eh, i'm used to working all year round. i go back on the eighth. and gracias! i have a teeny bit done of the actual thing, but then there's all of the extraneous shit like annotated bibliographies that i loathe.

Norma J 01.02.2007 12:55 AM

Well happy new year to both of you too. Although it's the 2nd here. Nearing the 3rd in a few hours time.

Inhuman 01.02.2007 12:56 AM

You're telling me! Bibliographies are terrible, and you have to put them in such a precise format that it's really difficult not to write it wrong. Is it an essay? I'm starting to enjoy writing essays if I get to choose the topic, but otherwise they're not my favorite thing in the world.

As for working, this is probably my longest break I'll get until next year's Christmas holidays, because during the summer I work full time.

Inhuman 01.02.2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
Well happy new year to both of you too. Although it's the 2nd here. Nearing the 3rd in a few hours time.

Yeah, it just turned the 2nd here an hour ago, but I barely made any posts because I was busy last night, so I thought I'd make up for it now :)

John Violence 01.02.2007 12:58 AM

I left my computer on here for like two hours. I got distracted and watched a Thin Lizzy video then played guitar. Tomorrow I go to a studio and make an album with my band!

schizophrenicroom 01.02.2007 01:06 AM

that's leet, john. if you have any copies for sale afterwards.. ding ding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
You're telling me! Bibliographies are terrible, and you have to put them in such a precise format that it's really difficult not to write it wrong. Is it an essay? I'm starting to enjoy writing essays if I get to choose the topic, but otherwise they're not my favorite thing in the world.

As for working, this is probably my longest break I'll get until next year's Christmas holidays, because during the summer I work full time.

it's a powerpoint about the rise and fall of julius caesar. i hate it.

i like writing essays. the fcat writing tests were horrible, though. last year our topic was "what's your favorite book and why" or something like that. if you go off topic you automatically get a zero, and i would have done that but i didn't feel like it.

Inhuman 01.02.2007 01:13 AM

Best wishes on that John!

Quote:

it's a powerpoint about the rise and fall of julius caesar. i hate it.

i like writing essays. the fcat writing tests were horrible, though. last year our topic was "what's your favorite book and why" or something like that. if you go off topic you automatically get a zero, and i would have done that but i didn't feel like it.

Souds like a boring project :(. Powerpoints are annoying, I have to do a couple of them a semester. And going off topic is the best! (unless you get a 0). I usually don't do it when writing paragraphs, but whenever it's a one-line answer that I don't know, I often find myself doing things like:

What does a layer mask do in Photoshop? KILL YR IDOLZ, JOANNE
How do you create a custom color pallette? (drawing of an alien licking a shoe)

She gets really annoyed, but I find it interesting seeing her reaction

schizophrenicroom 01.02.2007 01:18 AM

we have to do a lot of them. this is a school-wide thing, which makes it worse. i have to take time from my normal soul-sucking academics to do this.

haha. last year in my journals we had to do for english, phoebe and i (phoebe is the coolest human being ever and i introduced her to deerhoof, so more points for her) would write these goofy notes to our teacher in the margins like "HEY! vere are de nuclear veapons?!" and stuff. i did it in my formal stuff for that class too. it was fun.

John Violence 01.02.2007 01:19 AM

When I was a senior my government class did a fake trial and one of the lawyers pulled out a picture of Chewbaca and did the South Park Chewbaca defense. He got an F but it was really funny.

Inhuman 01.02.2007 01:21 AM

Quote:

we have to do a lot of them. this is a school-wide thing, which makes it worse. i have to take time from my normal soul-sucking academics to do this.

haha. last year in my journals we had to do for english, phoebe and i (phoebe is the coolest human being ever and i introduced her to deerhoof, so more points for her) would write these goofy notes to our teacher in the margins like "HEY! vere are de nuclear veapons?!" and stuff. i did it in my formal stuff for that class too. it was fun.

Haha nice! I love it when you write messages like that and they don't know what to do, so they just draw arrows and question marks around it. I haven't heard Deerhoof yet, but luckily I have my headphones on so I can check them out right now

schizophrenicroom 01.02.2007 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Violence
When I was a senior my government class did a fake trial and one of the lawyers pulled out a picture of Chewbaca and did the South Park Chewbaca defense. He got an F but it was really funny.

lmao. i think i can take that class next year, but i'm not sure. if i do, i'll remember that.

rob- i know! but sometimes my teacher would respond and go "de nuclear veapons are in de tent" or something.

deerhoof own, and i will be front row at their show next month, so it'll be.. awesome.

Inhuman 01.02.2007 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Violence

ahhahaha, that sounds hilarious! Sometime this upcoming semester I'll make a thread about funny test answers and I'll upload picture of my test too. The only downside is that my teachers determine whether I get to go on paid co-op this summer, and that could influence their decision on letting me go or not

schizophrenicroom 01.02.2007 01:27 AM

oh, sweet.

i'll upload some pictures from this journal i'm talking about, if i can find it. i have papers from first grade stashed in my closet. i need to throw away a lot of stuff.

Inhuman 01.02.2007 01:27 AM

Quote:

lmao. i think i can take that class next year, but i'm not sure. if i do, i'll remember that.

rob- i know! but sometimes my teacher would respond and go "de nuclear veapons are in de tent" or something.

deerhoof own, and i will be front row at their show next month, so it'll be.. awesome.

My school's too small for a government class. Your teachers respond to them? I only had one interesting teacher that loved things like that. He gave us bonus marks on our final exam if everybody in the room wore completely black head to toe, so when the moderators walk in they got super confused as to why the whole class was wearing black

John Violence 01.02.2007 01:29 AM

In Biology the old bassist of my band didn't know anything about some essay question so he wrote the lyrics to an Iron Maiden song instead. We both would write shitty song lyrics in World History and get away with it because the teacher was really old.