Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
all-nighters are kickass on this board. just telling you.

Especially when I'm around.

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
I've barely had them because I have strict, conservative parents. But now that I'm at my friend's place I can :). They seem like a lot of fun

Don't you hate it that other people's parent's are better than yours?

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Especially when I'm around.

well, duh!

my friend's parents over the weekend were really protective. they were neat, though. her dad liked to burst out into song.

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 12:56 AM

My parents stopped caring when they got to me, since I was the youngest they hardly had any energy left to be overprtective.

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 12:58 AM

my brother and i are interesting children and needed/need a wee bit of guidance (well, mostly my brother) but my folks give me some leeway. my dad has to accompany me to deerhoof because none of my friends who know them know if they can go, but i don't really care.

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 01:00 AM

But what sucked about my childhood is I had at least ten operations before I turned 16.

Inhuman 01.04.2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Don't you hate it that other people's parent's are better than yours?

I know! When I got here I felt so unproductive. It was a mighty, mighty feeling. For me it's just the constant distrupting every 5 minutes to give me a job. Sure they're "preparing me" for the real world, but overly. They need to do the work themselves to prepare themselves for retirement. They're so...naggy and annoying. They remind me of mosquitos.

I actually talked to a social worker about them tonight. She said that they probably just were brought up that way and learned from their parents, but they really SHOULD understand that they're doing too much, and that every child is different. It was a good conversation.

finding nobody 01.04.2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

But what sucked about my childhood is I had at least ten operations before I turned 16.

That sucks. Much sympathy to ya

Inhuman 01.04.2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

my brother and i are interesting children and needed/need a wee bit of guidance (well, mostly my brother) but my folks give me some leeway. my dad has to accompany me to deerhoof because none of my friends who know them know if they can go, but i don't really care.

That's a good way to bond with him for sure! My parents would never go to one of the shows that I go to. They went to one of my brother's really obsure noise shows, and they had to leave because they thought it was funny that people considered it music.

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
That sucks. Much sympathy to ya

Nah don't worry I had so much time out of school. It worked out perfectly.

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

i've had a few friends that have had a lot of surgeries/things like that. big hugs, man.

rob- heh, dad couldn't give less of a crap about "bearclaw" (as he calls them, with sarcasm) but he's trying. before the death cab concert he had me quiz him about their albums and videos.

finding nobody 01.04.2007 01:09 AM

That's good

My Mom was and still is very protective. My Dad and I always got along really well. I got along with my Mom also. Just not as well.

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 01:10 AM

I used to love hanging out with my mom, except when she started forcing me to go to church.

Thanks Jade.

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 01:10 AM

i'm closer to my mom just because i live with her and she's my mom, but dad and i are ok. sean inherited (i guess) the aspergers from my dad, so sometimes i end up talking to him like i have to with sean.

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 01:11 AM

nvm

Inhuman 01.04.2007 01:11 AM

Quote:

i've had a few friends that have had a lot of surgeries/things like that. big hugs, man.

rob- heh, dad couldn't give less of a crap about "bearclaw" (as he calls them, with sarcasm) but he's trying. before the death cab concert he had me quiz him about their albums and videos.

Exactly! I'd love to have a stepdad like that. My stepdad just ignores everyone, watches TV, and goes to work, and would never be sarcastic in a humoristic manner to me. And I'd think he went crazy if he asked me to quiz him

finding nobody 01.04.2007 01:12 AM

TRIPlE POST

My Dad and I are both big smart asses. My mom always takes offence to it..

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 01:13 AM

I love my Dad he is funny and sarcastiche is always making jokes. Last time I told him I was going to take a shower, he with a serious face said to me, Don't Take a shower. I said "why?" he said to me still in a serious face " Because the water is wet."

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Exactly! I'd love to have a stepdad like that. My stepdad just ignores everyone, watches TV, and goes to work, and would never be sarcastic in a humoristic manner to me. And I'd think he went crazy if he asked me to quiz him

ack. you should try one day.

the guy that i think will be my stepdad (mom's boyfriend) is interesting. he's really funny and likes to act like a big kid.

victor- no prob.

my nan used to want to go to church after we stopped going (we went three times the past.. six years or so) but she got over that.

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

I love my Dad he is funny and sarcastiche is always making jokes. Last time I told him I was going to take a shower, he with a serious face said to me, Don't Take a shower. I said "why?" he said to me still in a serious face " Because the water is wet."

haha. i do that with sean. i tell him that he has to wait for the water to get wet enough before he can shower and he just goes "JADE BE SERIOUS".