Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

k-krack 01.04.2007 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Sudbury there's absolutely nothing to do for sure! Ottawa's even a lot better, and I hate Ottawa. I would either live in a huge city with a good music scene and lots of things to do, or just out in the country with nothing but a wooden house, barn, ripped jeans, and an acoustic guitar, and nothing in between the two.

You've been? It's terrible, innit.

finding nobody 01.04.2007 02:17 AM

Night

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 02:17 AM

night :)

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 02:18 AM

Night everybody. Rob hope you can pull the all-nighter. Later Jade, Joel, Steve. See you guys later.

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 02:18 AM

night!

ok, i'm not tired at all. whoo.

finding nobody 01.04.2007 02:20 AM

Im too ansy, I dont even know if Im tired. Were not gonna do anything in school tommorow anyway

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 02:21 AM

you usually never do the first day back.

tomorrow i need to do my project, but i won't have a chance to.

k-krack 01.04.2007 02:23 AM

I'm back to school Monday, methinks.

Inhuman 01.04.2007 02:23 AM

Back... with more caffine!
Have an excellent night Victor!

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i've never really seen the glamour in those vagabond-ish lives. i love "on the road", but a comfortable life is much more appealing.

in eighth grade, in the cafeteria, the students working against tobacco club or whatever started an anti-pot thing too, and had a "be a smarty, don't join the pothead party" poster with a big marijuana leaf on it. it was the most hilarious poster. it barely looked like a leaf.

Yeah, I would hate to be in the position of not having any money, because anything could come up and put you into debt. I would hate it even more to live an extremely rich life though. You wouldn't understand the whole principal of appreciation. I can just picture it...taking crystal wine glasses out of an antique china cabinet and pouring merlot into it. Not my sort of thing. And good point about the on the road lifestyle! My brother plans to go trainhopping for an entire year in the near future!

Haha, I designed an anti-smoking picture once. It was for art class but I was a total retard because I sat beside the girl I liked at the time, and she smoked. I regret even looking back on it! And the ad was so terrible

finding nobody 01.04.2007 02:27 AM

Trainhoppin.. I'd like to be train hoppin blues man 80 years ago. Just appeals to me soo much

Inhuman 01.04.2007 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I never liked marijuana it overtly pitched my senses to the max. I got way to paranoid.

I don't like it anymore myself. Makes me feel sick. Ever since I mixed a few heavier drugs it turned me right off of the whole lot of them, and I just continuously twitch and have other unusual body movements that annoy me. I much prefer drinks!

Good luck with school tomorrow too! I don't start until the 18th :)

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 02:27 AM

yeah, i loathe the articles that vanity fair does about random rich assholes and their 606044-feet yachts that they sail all day long with 50-member crews all dressed in versace. it's disgusting.

i have one from fourth grade i designed against the evils of cigarettes, which was the topic. i thought it was funny they didn't say anything about cigars, so there's a guy in the background with a cigar going "heh, no one even notices me..". no one noticed him :(

k-krack 01.04.2007 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Haha, I designed an anti-smoking picture once. It was for art class but I was a total retard because I sat beside the girl I liked at the time, and she smoked. I regret even looking back on it! And the ad was so terrible

Who wants to fuck a smoker, anyways?!

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Trainhoppin.. I'd like to be train hoppin blues man 80 years ago. Just appeals to me soo much

i have always liked the idea of being in a traveling circus, now that i think. i could do the trapeze.

Inhuman 01.04.2007 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody

It would be fantastic. Magnificent. Glorious. Just the thought of getting away from all the rules of society and making yourself feel free to do whatever you want and travel all over the place seems amazing.

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 02:30 AM

i'm going to do my roadtrip from nyc to san francisco that hopefully will be something like that.

k-krack 01.04.2007 02:31 AM

I've wanted to train-hop for so long. It just seems like it would be so much fun. Existence is a random process, why not get on the next train you see and see where it might take you.

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 02:34 AM

it really would. but the only trains that pass through here are so depressing. i don't think i could stand it for too long.

Inhuman 01.04.2007 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Who wants to fuck a smoker, anyways?!

haha, I think I liked her because she was rebellious and lit garbage cans on fire and smoked in grade 7. I was such a twat.

Quote:

yeah, i loathe the articles that vanity fair does about random rich assholes and their 606044-feet yachts that they sail all day long with 50-member crews all dressed in versace. it's disgusting.

It would make me feel so...assholeish. If I had that kind of money, I would easily donate as much as I could to operate on an average lifestyle, and help the people who really need it. I've recently been feeling disgust to materialism in this world. I walk into my room and see my recording studio, tower speakers, guitar pedals, computer and think it's too much.

Quote:

i have one from fourth grade i designed against the evils of cigarettes, which was the topic. i thought it was funny they didn't say anything about cigars, so there's a guy in the background with a cigar going "heh, no one even notices me..". no one noticed him :(

Awww. It's true that cigars are worse and they're never mentioned, but on the contrary you're not supposed to inhale, so it only really kills your gums. Still, if they're worse for you than cigarettes, they should be mentioned at least somewhere

k-krack 01.04.2007 02:39 AM

I love trains. I wish they weren't a nearly dead technology... in 10 years, I'm sure they'll all be gone...:( I still love them, am fascinated by them, and find everything about them cool. Just looking at them feels nice.