Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 11:21 PM

Hey Steve.

Inhuman 01.04.2007 11:22 PM

sup steve, ow''s it going,. I'm getting really irtired right now...but I'll probaboy staty on until 3:00 anyway

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 11:22 PM

hi guys

Inhuman 01.04.2007 11:22 PM

Hey Jade!

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 11:23 PM

Hey Jade.

drrrtyboots 01.04.2007 11:41 PM

I have a question for you rob, are you drunk, tired, keyboard broken, or just everything?

Inhuman 01.04.2007 11:41 PM

Oh, god. This party's terrible. That's why I'm posting. We had an argument and people were comparing Mastodon's new stuff to Sonic Youth's entire career. I am really not getting along with these people.

k-krack 01.04.2007 11:43 PM

I hate when I forget to post an' shit.
I'm doin' just fine, Robin. Listening to "Phantomsmasher," and it's quite impressive!
I found out that my tape recorder's NOT BUSTED! So, I've been workin' on a noise tape, that I will probably make a few copies of to give to some friends. :)

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 11:45 PM

I want to start recording my conversations and make a piece out of it. Does anyone know any good editing software?

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 11:46 PM

audacity is really good

k-krack 01.04.2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Oh, god. This party's terrible. That's why I'm posting. We had an argument and people were comparing Mastodon's new stuff to Sonic Youth's entire career. I am really not getting along with these people.

Ahhh, shit.
A friend of mine was listening to SY yesterday, and was told that SY is a "hard core punk" band... I was told of this, and told her to tell this dude that he's a fucking moron.

Norma J 01.04.2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Are you talking about Nick Cave? He's really hit-or-miss, in my opinion. The Birthday Party was raaaaad though.

I think all his albums are great. His concepts are always interesting.

Inhuman 01.04.2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Ahhh, shit.
A friend of mine was listening to SY yesterday, and was told that SY is a "hard core punk" band... I was told of this, and told her to tell this dude that he's a fucking moron.

hahaha, that's retarded. They have more rap songs that hardcore punk songs. These people at my friend's party really annoy me musicwise.

SynthethicalY 01.04.2007 11:52 PM

I hate it when you go to a party and the people annoy the hell out of you.

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 11:53 PM

steve- haha. i won't even begin with the descriptions of them i've been given.

my dad called teh yoof the grateful dead of the 21st century. i liked that one.

Inhuman 01.04.2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I hate it when you go to a party and the people annoy the hell out of you.

exactly! I just had a horrible time. And my ex was there making out with some guy, which made it way worse. And there's a metalhead beside me which I won't talk to. Other than if it's a party/ show, I usually don't get along with the people. Often if they're into the same music as me, I'll get along with them much, much smoother

schizophrenicroom 01.04.2007 11:58 PM

this headache makes me want to bash my head in

SynthethicalY 01.05.2007 12:01 AM

I always talk to people wheter or not they have the same taste as me. I like hanging out with the gays, straights, smart dumbasses, religios, atheists, so forth. I just like meeting people who have a different taste than me. It gives me something stimulating to do. Like debate, find common ground, so on.

Inhuman 01.05.2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i like the few parties i go to that are all band folk.. even if other folks show up, at least i know half the people there are in my circle enough to at least talk to decently.

That's good! I'm in one of my good friend's circles right now, so I don't really know anybody and don't feel comfortable, so I'm the quiet guy that just sits back on the couch on a laptop. I really don't have many too many people that I really like anymore even. I don't get along with my friends completely, but maybe I'm just being too picky

k-krack 01.05.2007 12:03 AM

I don't even go to parties. I'm anti-social, a hermit, I have like, 3 friends. I'm socially awkward, and am far too much of a music-snob to make friends easily if they aren't into good music. Shiiiiiit.