Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

Inhuman 01.07.2007 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
I recall this story!
I've put on a few things in the gym... Broken Social Scene, the Mars Volta, Sonic Youth... No one seemed to mind much, so whatever!:)
Jade, mine's October 21.

Yeah! I was certain I posted it before. That's good that they didn't mind. I get along with people with less-diverse tastes as long as they keep a non-bias opinion with music itself. If they're bias, then I usually want to shoot them. My friend Julie's like "Aw but c'mon, you have to give fall out boy another chance" and she thinks that she's able to convince me that they're ace, but I don't think she know's how dedicated I am to music

k-krack 01.07.2007 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
ah, sweet guys. i'll try and send some gifts over.

when i go running i usually play sister or some minor threat.

hahaha running to minor threat!
Do you do like, floorpunches as you go?

k-krack 01.07.2007 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Yeah! I was certain I posted it before. That's good that they didn't mind. I get along with people with less-diverse tastes as long as they keep a non-bias opinion with music itself. If they're bias, then I usually want to shoot them. My friend Julie's like "Aw but c'mon, you have to give fall out boy another chance" and she thinks that she's able to convince me that they're ace, but I don't think she know's how dedicated I am to music

HAHAHA
My friend (who likes awesome music) has been talking about how catchy the newest fall out boy single is, and regardless of how shitty he knows it is, he can't help but like it. He's still got the best music taste of everyone I know.

finding nobody 01.07.2007 02:24 AM

Over the summer at work I needed high energy loud stuff. Any SY or Fugazi was played very often

schizophrenicroom 01.07.2007 02:26 AM

joel- that's a day after my brother and a day before a friend of mine. awesome.

i'm sick of being told to give fall out boy a chance. i just say "sorry, i don't like them". one of my best friends (mentioned above) likes them, but he keeps it quiet. i got him into the youth and xiu xiu, which makes up for it.

steve- hah, it's fun. and i should probably start. i just like having the really fast tempo. it keeps me going.

schizophrenicroom 01.07.2007 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Over the summer at work I needed high energy loud stuff. Any SY or Fugazi was played very often

i could have used them in the library when i volunteered there over the summer (and i still do on and off). wow.

finding nobody 01.07.2007 02:31 AM

Im going to sleep
Goodnight to all

Inhuman 01.07.2007 02:33 AM

Goodnight Joel

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody

Aww, I'm not allowed music at work because we have to listen for people yelling at us.

And yeah, people reccomending From First to Falling Out My Chemical Atreyufold really gets annoying. I tell them I don't like it and then they act as if they know something that I don't, and it's my loss.

k-krack 01.07.2007 02:33 AM

'night, dogg!

schizophrenicroom 01.07.2007 02:38 AM

night joel

ok i'm freaking out now. i left my planner at school over break and i've been told that apparently.. we had some homework! great.

k-krack 01.07.2007 02:41 AM

Shit!
I have a bunch of math I'm supposed to do... but I don't think I will..

Inhuman 01.07.2007 02:43 AM

Quote:

night joel

ok i'm freaking out now. i left my planner at school over break and i've been told that apparently.. we had some homework! great.

Aw man, homework over the break? We can't get that in college because all our classes switch. The only downside to that is we have two midyear exam periods and two final exam periods

schizophrenicroom 01.07.2007 02:45 AM

yeah :( it's just busy work, really, but it's work.

we have the midterms and all of the final exams. next year is going to be full of tests i'm not excited for.

schizophrenicroom 01.07.2007 02:55 AM

i really like the decemberists but i just can't get into their new one.

k-krack 01.07.2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

I have only heard a couple new songs, and they were VERY disappointing...

schizophrenicroom 01.07.2007 03:01 AM

i know! "o, valencia" was ok but doesn't hold up next to even my least favorites off picaresque.

k-krack 01.07.2007 03:03 AM

I hated O, Valencia!!!

Inhuman 01.07.2007 03:05 AM

Quote:

I haven't heard them, but the guitarist was on a Stephen Colbert repeat I saw today where Colbert challenges the guitarist to a battle. It was a great episode

k-krack 01.07.2007 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
I haven't heard them, but the guitarist was on a Stephen Colbert repeat I saw today where Colbert challenges the guitarist to a battle. It was a great episode

Ahaha, me and Jade were talking about this, as I watched it, a couple days ago! Hilarious episode.

k-krack 01.07.2007 03:09 AM

I'm off, dudes and lasses.
Night!