Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
nah. maybe a nicely-lit bar :p

ha ha no bars! no bars! beer goggles can be problematic. oh beer goggles! i could tell some stories...

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:40 AM

haha, do.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:40 AM

Quote:

i do have a pretty cool bf but to be honest i don't know what i want. but it's that awkward 'he's my good friend' thing..

reading what i see you post every day, it would seem to me that you're more "buddies". which is nice. no rush you know?

one of these days though, you'll be stricken by lightning and then ouch! oh man...

--

ps-- the stories-- no way, ha ha. too embarrassing!

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 01:40 AM

Quote:

i do have a pretty cool bf but to be honest i don't know what i want. but it's that awkward 'he's my good friend' thing..

Well you will find what you really want. It has taken me this while to know what I want.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 01:40 AM

!@#$%!: yeah, i know; not in this case.

synth: i think you have a deeply rooted fear for a lot of things and you're trying to avoid it the most you can.

schizo: hmm...yeah, you'll meet more people; that awkward friends thing is awwwwwful, let me know if you find an answer for it.

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 01:43 AM

every-e you are absolutely right, I do have a fear of a lot of things. Always on the run, that is why I am starting to confront them, slowly but I am getting there.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:43 AM

i seem to specialize in the awkwrd friends thing. but i guess that's what happens when 90% of your friends have balls.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:45 AM

Quote:

i seem to specialize in the awkwrd friends thing. but i guess that's what happens when 90% of your friends have balls.

these guys?

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 01:46 AM

The one holding the ball is cute.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:46 AM

nah. there's a few cuties in there, though.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 01:46 AM

dude, let me give you some advice: yes, you need to confront a lot of stuff and getting better etc. but for that, you need to at least be functional and mostly calm in life, if you're not this, things can only get more complicated; that way, things will seem clearer, tackle the problems that really fuck with your daily life the most, the ones that slow you down, scare and depress you, and then work on the more complicated ones.

just so you wake up and feel ok.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY

!@#$%!- well to me it seems that is doing good. But I need to talk to him on where he is on an emotional level.

wait, you feel horrible because you fucked some new dude behind your friends-with-benefits ex... and that is "doing good"?

makes no sense. whatsoever.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 01:48 AM

schizo has a nominative boyfriend.

you'll find someone who'll make you feel passionated.

synth: doesn't feeling guilty of cheating someone defeat the purpose of the concept of friends with benefits?

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 01:48 AM

Yeah every-e that is why I have been going to therapy for it.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:48 AM

Quote:

nah. there's a few cuties in there, though.

oh. you said "friends with balls". :p

anyway my bet is that columbia will be the big shock.

get ready! i mean it. it's going to be quite a rollercoaster, and you can't be naive or you might get hurt.

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wait, you feel horrible because you fucked some new dude behind your friends-with-benefits ex... and that is "doing good"?

makes no sense. whatsoever.

I don't know how to explain this right !@#$%!.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

I don't know how to explain this right !@#$%!.

there's no right way to explain it because it's a fucked situation, that's why you feel horrible, cos it's wrong.

if you were not into the ex-boy you should have had the balls to put some distance between he and you. it's that simple. now you're both getting hurt with interest. in all financial matters, including the economy of pain, it's always best to pay cash, and not in endless, grueling installments.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:52 AM

Quote:

anyway my bet is that columbia will be the big shock.

get ready! i mean it. it's going to be quite a rollercoaster, and you can't be naive or you might get hurt.

you're betting right. my problem's always been that i'm too naive. i've recognized it but i can't think of anything i can really do to be less that way.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

you're betting right. my problem's always been that i'm too naive. i've recognized it but i can't think of anything i can really do to be less that way.

read jane austen, of course.
oh and avoid frat parties and drinks of unknown origin. date rape sucks.

oh, another good one:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100142/

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 01:54 AM

I could never get into soccer, the only sport I ever got into was Tennis.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:55 AM

that i can do. i don't trust people very easily to start with. handling my liquor= dead to me.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

the only sport I ever got into was Tennis.

i don't play as often now as i used to but it helps me learn get centered in gym, and balance out everything i have to do.

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 01:57 AM

Yes it was a good sport to play when I took it in College.

Schizo, what is the link where I can order a cd by the Harlem Shakes?

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

that i can do. i don't trust people very easily to start with. handling my liquor= dead to me.

you'd be surprised @ what a smooth talker can get you to do. oh yes. better to admit it in advance than recognize it too late. forewarned = forearmed.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 01:57 AM

schizo: be yourself, stay what you are and focus on what you want. don't worry about the social aspect much, that way, you'll meet people that are more in line with you rather than force yourself into other people that you might not really get along with.

and just enjoy ny, for baphomet's sake.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:58 AM

i fucking hate sports. they bore me. i just run & ride my bike, which iare solitary activities, and therefore enjoyable.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:58 AM

i wish i was staying longer next month in ny. it's basically a long weekend. but i guess the fact that i'm going is enough.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
schizo: be yourself, stay what you are and focus on what you want. don't worry about the social aspect much, that way, you'll meet people that are more in line with you rather than force yourself into other people that you might not really get along with.

and just enjoy ny, for baphomet's sake.

yes but the value of college is the social experience as much as the academic one. here you make firndships that last a lifetime. and if you're in an ivy league school, very important connections for your future life/career/etc. the social aspect is important, but can get overwhelming if you try too hard to "fit in" and forget who you are.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 02:00 AM

and you're meeting me!!!

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Schizo, what is the link where I can order a cd by the Harlem Shakes?

harlemshakes.com

every-e- !!!!!!!

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

yes but the value of college is the social experience as much as the academic one. here you make firndships that last a lifetime. and if you're in an ivy league school, very important connections for your future life/career/etc. the social aspect is important, but can get overwhelming if you try too hard to "fit in" and forget who you are.

my point was for her to not get too caught up with fitting in, rather have things happen smoothly instead of forcing her into situation she might find awkward at best.

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

That is so true, I never have been anything other than I, nd met some of the coolest people in College. Like this guy who I got to know from a friend of mine. Has just become a very close friend of mine.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 02:03 AM

whatever, you're all awesome.

i've never really been one to fit in. i guess after next year it's all trial and error.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 02:06 AM

in 2 days and a month i'm meeting schizo!

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 02:07 AM

Quote:

whatever, you're all awesome.

but of course! especially me. mememememememememe. :p:D

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

oh i am truly ridiculous. i like that.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 02:09 AM

Quote:

in 2 days and a month i'm meeting schizo!

in two days and a month i'm meeting every-e!!

but i lost my deerhoof (or, in the words of my dad, DEERNUTS!!!!) shirt. until i get a new one.. i'll just be a regular old arm-flapper.

!@#$%!- hahaha.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 02:10 AM

you don't worry, you be your eccentric loud lovable self schizo, lots of different people go to columbia, you'll find those who'll understand you and make you laugh and won't get nervous from your arm flapping.

anyway i'm off to bed people, i need to get some sleep, haven't gotten much lately.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

you don't worry, you be your eccentric loud lovable self schizo, lots of different people go to columbia, you'll find those who'll understand you and make you laugh.

^^ zee man speeks zee truth

--

good night dude

--

i should go write my article soon. it was due sunday. i have until the crack of

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 02:10 AM

ah, yes.

sleep is overrated, but have some cool dreams.

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 02:11 AM

Good night every-e.