Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 01.07.2007 03:09 AM

night!

that episode of colbert report is classic.

SynthethicalY 01.07.2007 04:02 PM

ANyone there?

Trasher02 01.07.2007 04:08 PM

My brother got a nintendo ds!
Good fun really.

Inhuman 01.07.2007 05:23 PM

nicenicenice! I haven't tried the DS yet. But I'm having chicken for supper. So I win. i'm FUCKING leaving montreal soon and I'm really not anticipating it.

Danny Himself 01.07.2007 05:45 PM

I just saw Snakes On A Plane.

Just, wow..

k-krack 01.07.2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
nicenicenice! I haven't tried the DS yet. But I'm having chicken for supper. So I win. i'm FUCKING leaving montreal soon and I'm really not anticipating it.

Leaving montreal blew, for me... it was such a great place. I can't wait to live there. The big shame of leaving montreal: (the people I was with, cousin and her friend, both 20-30... they went to school with Richard Reed Parry of the Arcade Fire...) and the day after we left, I believe it was, the montreal-liver-inner, ie, cousin's friend, ran into him in the street!!!:mad: I could have met him!

k-krack 01.07.2007 05:57 PM

Also, I just got back from a nice half-hour walk with Sigur Ros. :) I feel nice. I found a toonie!

musicfallinglikesnow 01.07.2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Also, I just got back from a nice half-hour walk with Sigur Ros. :) I feel nice. I found a toonie!

I don't know exactly what this thread is about but it must be the longest in the Forum. Just wanted to check and find out. Reading all the posts would take me weeks.
A walk with Sigur Rós...that's relaxing for sure. Although I don't like to think about music being useful for something or other, well, they ARE so nice.
Have you ever tried Can's "Future Days"?

Danny Himself 01.07.2007 07:10 PM

I'm tired.

k-krack 01.07.2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicfallinglikesnow
I don't know exactly what this thread is about but it must be the longest in the Forum. Just wanted to check and find out. Reading all the posts would take me weeks.
A walk with Sigur Rós...that's relaxing for sure. Although I don't like to think about music being useful for something or other, well, they ARE so nice.

Naah, I don't have any Can, unfortunately. I just felt like walking for a bit.

musicfallinglikesnow 01.07.2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Naah, I don't have any Can, unfortunately. I just felt like walking for a bit.

Walking around is good for the soul. And here I am sitting before a keyboard. Haha. Nite!

Inhuman 01.07.2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Hey, welcome to the board. Yeah, most of the stuff on this thread is mindless conversation, but this thread is the best for just general discussion at night when there's only a few people on.

Can's great. I only have one album (and I don't know the name of it). It's the one with paperhouse on it.

Oh and steve, if you checked out those bands in the "local bands" thread, I can give you albums by the ones I listed, I have all the albums by both artists

musicfallinglikesnow 01.07.2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Hey, welcome to the board. Yeah, most of the stuff on this thread is mindless conversation, but this thread is the best for just general discussion at night when there's only a few people on.

Can's great. I only have one album (and I don't know the name of it). It's the one with paperhouse on it.

Oh and steve, if you checked out those bands in the "local bands" thread, I can give you albums by the ones I listed, I have all the albums by both artists

Thanks for the welcome! I have a few things by Can but not the one you're talking about (I don't know the title either). There is one with a can of soup in the front and the titles of the songs are all vegetables and thinks like that. It's been a while since I last listened to it. "Saw delight" is good too. They were blissfuly crazy.
Now yes I'm going, have a good night everybody.

TheDom 01.07.2007 07:35 PM

Future Days is a beautiful album.

When I first heard Can, I was expected some really abrasive experimental music, but I was pleasantly surprised when it was some really groovy stuff. Ege Bamyasi is their best, but Future Days seems like a good album to walk to on a nice afternoon.

Inhuman 01.07.2007 07:38 PM

Goodnight.

Man I should get to bed soon too...I'm so tired and had a pretty bad day. And I'm leaving montreal and I have no ride back so I have to pay to take the bus.

finding nobody 01.07.2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDom
Future Days is a beautiful album.

I've only heard Ege Bamyasi. I enjoy it

TheDom 01.07.2007 08:50 PM

I think you were the one who told me to listen to Ege Bamyasi. Thanks man, great band.

My mom & dad are watching The Devil Wears Prada on the TV right next to me. Annoying as fuck, but its funny hearing my dad make smart ass remarks.

finding nobody 01.07.2007 08:56 PM

You're more then welcome. You've enlightened me on a few.

I'm listenin to The Buggles. I like it!

schizophrenicroom 01.07.2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the welcome! I have a few things by Can but not the one you're talking about (I don't know the title either). There is one with a can of soup in the front and the titles of the songs are all vegetables and thinks like that. It's been a while since I last listened to it. "Saw delight" is good too. They were blissfuly crazy.
Now yes I'm going, have a good night everybody.

Tago Mago is my favorite Can album. Welcome to the thread :)

TheDom 01.07.2007 09:17 PM

Tago Mago is too long for me

Ege Bamyasi is short, groovy and to the point. I love it.