Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

finding nobody 01.18.2007 11:36 PM

I always see arrested development on. I'll give it a shot. G4 is not as cool as it used to be. Attack Of Show is more stupid then ever they stopped judgement day. X-play is the saving grace of that channel
L word means LOVE

neptuneg 01.19.2007 01:55 AM

I wonder what a reality TV show of the Gordon-Moore household would be like. I also hope I never see that.

Inhuman 01.19.2007 09:46 AM

Hey everyone

I'm so glad it's friday, what's everyone up to over the weekend?
I have a jam session with my latest project [It's like Sunn0))) meets Mike Patton] tonight, I do vocals and harmonica. I use a balloon and make it do that "squealing" sound and putting it on cathedral delay, and it sounds pretty sick!

Other than that, just maxed out my credit card on web design books. As promised, I'll get the groundwater site back up this year no doubt about it.

sonicl 01.19.2007 10:01 AM

I'm going to the opening of the Phill Niblock exhibition in London tomorrow.

Do you think I should restart my "What are you doing at the weekend" threads?

Inhuman 01.19.2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I'm going to the opening of the Phill Niblock exhibition in London tomorrow.

Do you think I should restart my "What are you doing at the weekend" threads?

haha, they were regular for a while and then they became unheard of. I really liked them

sonicl 01.19.2007 10:08 AM

After ATP I forgot to start them each Friday, because I was too busy talking about ATP.

sonicl 01.19.2007 11:59 AM

I'm off now. have a good weekend.

Clone and CHOUT, enjoy your shows.

schizophrenicroom 01.19.2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Never watched it.
I love Arrested Development. I started watching it a couple weeks ago, and I can't get enough.

hah, try and catch the episode "beef consommé". that is amazing television. but all the episodes are, really.

hi guys

my project is due monday. but i'm not really worried.

Gimpy 01.19.2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfectwagnerite

So you're telling me that you can take a band that advocates the end of captialism in regards to music seriously after something like this? You've gotta be fucking kidding me...

LittlePuppetBoy 01.19.2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gimpy
So you're telling me that you can take a band that advocates the end of captialism in regards to music seriously after something like this? You've gotta be fucking kidding me...

Uh Oh. I think I hear that thunder again.

Norma J 01.19.2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that is pretty fucking poor or Kim. I'll still listen to the music though.

Gimpy 01.19.2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
Yeah, that is pretty fucking poor or Kim. I'll still listen to the music though.

I respect that,there's no reason to let the hypocrises of band members ruin the music itself for you.

schizophrenicroom 01.19.2007 10:48 PM

eh, i think it's kind of cool (as are the marc jacob ads). at least it's not like it was ian mackaye all of a sudden doing an ad for walmart clothing or soemthing.

k-krack 01.19.2007 11:08 PM

I just got home from a kick-ass show. Woo!

LittlePuppetBoy 01.19.2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

I respect that,there's no reason to let the hypocrises of band members ruin the music itself for you.

What? There have been tons of bands that have advocated against capitalism, yet have had their images grace the front covers of magazines such as NME and Rolling Stone. Sex Pistols for instance. And Green Day.

schizophrenicroom 01.20.2007 12:04 AM

steve- whoo!

i got my deerhoof tickets tonight. DEERNUTS, bitches. (my brother and dad call them deernuts.)

k-krack 01.20.2007 12:06 AM

Niiiice, Jade. I heard some new stuff of theirs, though, and I didn't really like it much. Cool no less!

schizophrenicroom 01.20.2007 12:37 AM

indeed!

Trasher02 01.20.2007 05:05 AM

Goodmorning
I'm having a serious hangover.

king_buzzo 01.20.2007 05:32 AM

just woke up as well, good morning