Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

SynthethicalY 09.29.2007 12:07 AM

Yeah, I like the sweaters, or jackets, but I did not find anything. Jade go read this and tell me what you think.

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=16688

schizophrenicroom 09.29.2007 12:11 AM

i really like the rhythm. the second and fourth stanza are the best.. they're gripping. but overall it's good.

SynthethicalY 09.29.2007 12:15 AM

Thanks. So are you reading anything?

schizophrenicroom 09.29.2007 12:19 AM

not really. i just carry around special topics in calamity physics and flick through that over and over. i'm absolutely in love with that book.

Inhuman 09.29.2007 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Hope you get it. And hope you have fun. I might come home and study instead of going out.

Thanks. I went to the show, and plans didn't go through with la femme. And you're smart to stick with studying too, I generally go out and waste time when I could be being useful.

Jade - Yuck! It's like recycled fratboys on hangers. And they come a dollar a dozen too.

SynthethicalY 09.29.2007 12:22 AM

Well Jade I think I am finally going to sleep. Have a good night.

SynthethicalY 09.29.2007 12:24 AM

Inhuman do you have a myspace?

schizophrenicroom 09.29.2007 12:24 AM

rob- polo shirts? yeah, i hate them.

i could be studying, since i'm nearly failing my math cours, but i'm not. i think i'm going to pass the test monday.

schizophrenicroom 09.29.2007 12:24 AM

Quote:

Well Jade I think I am finally going to sleep. Have a good night.

night, dear!

finding nobody 09.29.2007 01:00 AM

Im here. I feel nostalgic.. or something

schizophrenicroom 09.29.2007 01:11 AM

i jst feel kkinda tidpy

k-krack 09.29.2007 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Im here. I feel nostalgic.. or something

I feel this way all the fucking time. Lately I'm thinking a lot about Toronto in the wintertime, and how much I want to be there in the winter... going up next month, that should hopefully suffice...
I'm also always fucking thinking about this girl, which sucks.

Hey guys!

king_buzzo 09.29.2007 04:08 AM

good morning, lot of homework shit to do now :(

HECKLER SPRAY 09.29.2007 09:08 AM

Message to Synth : I love your new sig, really.

tearaway spine 10.03.2007 07:57 PM

hey

finding nobody 10.03.2007 08:00 PM

Yo yo yo
Shizo?

Inhuman 10.03.2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Inhuman do you have a myspace?

No I don't man, I used to. I have a facebook, feel free to add me if you have one. "Rob Bastien" in Ottawa network.

Hey Buzzo, Heckler, and Sarah. How were your days?

k-krack 10.03.2007 08:01 PM

Hey dudessss.

Inhuman 10.03.2007 08:05 PM

Stteevveeeee how is shit cracking man?

k-krack 10.03.2007 08:07 PM

kracking*
EHHH?!
HAHA!

Shit's going alright, still going through some bummer times, though. I'm sure you know what I mean.
But I may have a new drummer!

Inhuman 10.03.2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
kracking*
EHHH?!
HAHA!

YOU GOT ME THERE!! GOOD ONE!!!!!!

Glad you have a potential new drummer, you should send me some more recorded Mp3's. I dug the stuff you sent a while back. It seems that there's so many people that are bummed out lately, especially with significant others. Hope things go well

k-krack 10.03.2007 08:18 PM

Was that the "LRD" shit? That band is unfunctioning now, man. But this "new" band is like, noise/math-rock stuff, and once we get settled with a drummer and shit, we'll record stuff haha.
That won't be for a while...
but if you liked LRD... go to the myspace.
www.myspace.com/lesraisonsdetre

Everyneurotic 10.03.2007 10:04 PM

yeah, bummed seems to be the mood of the season.

king_buzzo 10.04.2007 01:49 AM

good
day

k-krack 10.05.2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

I hear ya loud and clear, dude.
Though, me and this girl hang out a LOT, and I could be totally off the mark, but it SEEMS like she might like me in a some way... Anyway, I told her how I feel, and we're meeting for coffee tomorrow after work, radical.

But outside of that, I still kind of feel bored/bummed. But I think my noiserock band has a probable drummer now! And I'm really excited on this new pop/folk/punk project me and a friend are getting to work on.

tearaway spine 10.06.2007 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

fucking a..

total-trash 10.06.2007 04:04 PM

i've actually been in a great mood lately. not to bum you guys out even more...

Danny Himself 10.06.2007 04:15 PM

I've reached a happy medium. It may or may not get better than this, but I can things clearly from this height.

tearaway spine 10.06.2007 10:16 PM

i'm having moments of sheer awesomeness surrounded by moments of crappiness.

SynthethicalY 10.06.2007 10:38 PM

Don't worry tearaway, everything will work out.

Danny Himself 10.07.2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tearaway spine
i'm having moments of sheer awesomeness surrounded by moments of crappiness.

There's somewhere in between. Oh, and call me. I'll PM you my number.

sonicl 10.10.2007 07:16 AM

SYDNEY (AFP) - Australian doctors revealed Wednesday that they drip-fed an Italian tourist a steady dose of vodka over three days to save his life after he poisoned himself.

The 24-year-old man was taken to a north Queensland hospital two months ago after he swallowed a large amount of a potentially-fatal substance found in antifreeze in an apparent suicide attempt.

Doctors at Mackay Base Hospital decided the best method of saving the unconscious man's life was to reverse the effect of the poison, ethylene glycol, by giving him pharmaceutical-grade alcohol.

Dr Pascal Gelperowicz said that once the hospital's alcohol supplies ran out doctors sent out for a case of vodka and the unusual drip was set up. "We quickly used all the available vials of 100 percent alcohol and decided the next best way to get alcohol into the man's system was by feeding him spirits through a nasal-gastric tube," Gelperowicz said.

His colleague Dr Todd Fraser said the patient was given about three standard drinks an hour for three days in the intensive care unit. "Fortunately for him, he was in a medically induced coma for a good portion of that," he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, "By the time he woke up, I think his hangover would have well and truly gone."

Although unusual, the treatment was approved by hospital officials. "The hospital's administrators were also very understanding when we explained our reasons for buying a case of vodka," Fraser said.

The patient regained full health and was discharged from hospital after 20 days.

tearaway spine 10.12.2007 08:24 PM

i told you, i can't listen baby about the fourth time you were a lady
and how your forthrightness portrayed a secret shyness
stripped away by days as being hailed as your highness
well, what's new pussycat is you were once a lioness

ZEROpumpkins 10.13.2007 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
SYDNEY (AFP) - Australian doctors revealed Wednesday that they drip-fed an Italian tourist a steady dose of vodka over three days to save his life after he poisoned himself.

The 24-year-old man was taken to a north Queensland hospital two months ago after he swallowed a large amount of a potentially-fatal substance found in antifreeze in an apparent suicide attempt.

Doctors at Mackay Base Hospital decided the best method of saving the unconscious man's life was to reverse the effect of the poison, ethylene glycol, by giving him pharmaceutical-grade alcohol.

Dr Pascal Gelperowicz said that once the hospital's alcohol supplies ran out doctors sent out for a case of vodka and the unusual drip was set up. "We quickly used all the available vials of 100 percent alcohol and decided the next best way to get alcohol into the man's system was by feeding him spirits through a nasal-gastric tube," Gelperowicz said.

His colleague Dr Todd Fraser said the patient was given about three standard drinks an hour for three days in the intensive care unit. "Fortunately for him, he was in a medically induced coma for a good portion of that," he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, "By the time he woke up, I think his hangover would have well and truly gone."

Although unusual, the treatment was approved by hospital officials. "The hospital's administrators were also very understanding when we explained our reasons for buying a case of vodka," Fraser said.

The patient regained full health and was discharged from hospital after 20 days.

Haha that's similar to a story that my mates dad told me. He knew a bunch of typical aussie "blokes" that were always pulling pranks on each other. One day one of them got injured badly and had to go to the hospital, he had IV and everything. While he was there, his mates came and visited him and put a small amount of beer into his drip. Needless to say, the joke backfired. He went critical and had a (literal) fit, but luckily the nurses were able to get him stable again.

m1rr0r dash 10.13.2007 10:47 PM

3 drinks an hour for 72 hours....? I think I'll try that next weekend.

m1rr0r dash 10.13.2007 10:53 PM

from the metro.co.uk version of the article:

"When the problem arose I was at home and I had to come in with three bottles of my finest liquor in hand. That managed to get us through until the morning when the bottle shop opened."

i've heard that siad several in architecture school..... :)

HECKLER SPRAY 10.18.2007 06:44 PM

Hey, you.
What's up ?

HECKLER SPRAY 10.18.2007 07:00 PM

Fine, thanks. A little tired, 'cause it's 02.00 AM here.
FNAC ? where are you from ?

HECKLER SPRAY 10.18.2007 07:08 PM

Well, I was just wondering where do you live...
Not important. Nice to meet you, Mr Dog Star. So, what do you think about this board ?

HECKLER SPRAY 10.18.2007 07:20 PM

Yeah, right, great place.
A year ? Is it your first account ?