Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

schizophrenicroom 09.25.2008 06:08 PM

i used to watch that every single day of my life. recorded on vcr!

Sonic Youth 37 09.25.2008 06:24 PM

I tried to download the whole series from PirateBay but it would never work. Same with Rocko.

Okay, prepare to hate me for this, but...early AFI is the shit.

schizophrenicroom 09.25.2008 06:39 PM

rocko's modern life... rocko's MODERN LIFE!

good times.

i definitely don't hate you. i rather like their early stuff. thank god the mall-punk kids have no idea it exists.

Sonic Youth 37 09.25.2008 06:50 PM

Rocko is great.
I'd always brushed off AFI until earlier this week when a friend basically sat me down and had me listen to Black Sails at Sunset and All Hallow's EP under the condition that we never talk about that last album they put out.

schizophrenicroom 09.25.2008 07:13 PM

that's my condition. black sails is superb.

my favorite episode of rocko's is the one where the whole block buys that vacuum that sucks up everything. or the amusmement park one with an elevator to hell. what was the name of rocko's boss?

Sonic Youth 37 09.25.2008 07:28 PM

Mr. Smitty.

Those would be my favorites as well.

oh shizz...Amazon has a 2 volume best of Rocko set.

schizophrenicroom 09.25.2008 07:35 PM

i thought it was something like smitty. and whoa. i never knew they had any kind of dvd... truly the most epic news i've heard in a while.

how are you? you're never on super late saturday nights.

Sonic Youth 37 09.25.2008 07:40 PM

They just came out last week, haha.

I'm good. I haven't been on super late saturdays because I'm either out or watching star wars/playing SNES away from my computer. I haven't spent a friday or saturday night in my room in weeks.

How goes it for you?

schizophrenicroom 09.25.2008 07:44 PM

i swear, i'm so out of the loop with everything.

those are actually legit reasons. i want to break out the old snes but it's in my brother's room. his room's a mess and scares me, so for now i can't play one of the many snes systems we own.

i'm doing pretty well. made the mistake of having caffeine after abstaining for a week and it's given me a motherfucker of a headache. but otherwise, yeah. how are you?

Sonic Youth 37 09.25.2008 07:48 PM

I never had a SNES, but a friend in my dorm has one so I'm always playing hers.
I've recently realized that I have a compulsion with orange tic-tacs. (for other readers: This IS NOT a Juno thing. I've eaten orange tic-tacs since the early 90s.) I realized I HAVE to buy 4 boxes at a time and must eat them 4 at a time. It's starting to scare me.

schizophrenicroom 09.25.2008 07:51 PM

my brother's little autistic obsession this year is video games, so we're knee deep in old consoles.

that makes me want a tic-tac. it's not that scary. i used to have a lot of bad gum habits and chew three or four pieces at a time because it bugged me if i only chewed one.

Sonic Youth 37 09.25.2008 07:53 PM

I'm always chewing gum and if I'm not I chew my lips. The tic-tacs are more when I'm hyper or nervous. Which I've been both a lot recently. Not sure why.

schizophrenicroom 09.25.2008 07:56 PM

i chew on my lips all the time because i usually forget to take gum with me when i leave the house. i started using carmex, so the menthol and camphor would make me stop gnawing, but it hasn't worked.

haha, i'm getting the same. i can't relax at all. well, i can relax mentally, but physically i can't keep still.

Sonic Youth 37 09.25.2008 07:59 PM

I never leave anywhere without gum. I've got it stashed in all areas to make sure I've at least got one piece. I chew mainly on the inside center so any type of balm wouldn't help.
This month has been CRAZY for me and my friends and it's started to wear on me a bit. I've never been able to keep still (always shaking or something), but it's getting a bit extreme now.

schizophrenicroom 09.25.2008 07:59 PM

speaking of not being able to keep still, i'm totes going to watch the office seeing as my plan to go to sleep early failed. give up the snes and get online saturday! i'll be inebriated and full of posting goodness.

schizophrenicroom 09.25.2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I chew mainly on the inside center so any type of balm wouldn't help.
This month has been CRAZY for me and my friends and it's started to wear on me a bit. I've never been able to keep still (always shaking or something), but it's getting a bit extreme now.

i go for the sides but sometimes i can't help but chew on my whole lip.

i wish this month would just end.

punkaspoo 09.25.2008 08:52 PM

i looove fridays

EMMAh 09.25.2008 08:54 PM

I need a good book.

punkaspoo 09.25.2008 08:57 PM

I can recommend Naive. Super by Erlend Loe

EMMAh 09.25.2008 09:03 PM

I'll keep that in mind.

I have to find my mother fucking library card.