Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

Hip Priest 02.16.2007 05:37 PM

I hope you're also doing well out of your local charity shops! I hope there's a decent chippy nearby too.

finding nobody 02.16.2007 05:37 PM

Hi sonicl
It's really shame that Books For Jerks never took off.. I tried to keep it alive every now and then

sonicl 02.16.2007 05:40 PM

Hi. I get the impression that Laila lost interest in it. Someone told me she had gone to uni. Does that sound right?

Hip Priest 02.16.2007 05:42 PM

I've just posted.

Hey sonic, did you catch my Fall 30th anniversary concert download in the share thread? It's a beauty!

Hip Priest 02.16.2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Hi. I get the impression that Laila lost interest in it. Someone told me she had gone to uni. Does that sound right?

I don't know. I'm sure she's destined for great thing, anyway. Fine young lady in my opinion.

I did have her email address, but it got automaticlly deleted from my list for some reason.

finding nobody 02.16.2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl

Sounds right. She still gets on aim sometimes

sonicl 02.16.2007 05:48 PM

I didn't see the Fall download, no. I'll be getting my broadband connection set up soon, and I'll check it out then.

Hip Priest 02.16.2007 05:50 PM

Cool. I'd recommend the ones for Meanwhile Back In Communist Russia too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Hi sonicl
It's really shame that Books For Jerks never took off.. I tried to keep it alive every now and then

After I lost the link, I forgot for a while.

Danny Himself 02.16.2007 06:20 PM

It's good to know that Laila's alright.

schizophrenicroom 02.16.2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
What's the game? DRINK every time you think "this movie's stoooopid!!"
Ha. that's not funny at all!

oh, i like it, i just think it's evil because my mom wanted me to see it with her in the theatre three times each. that's 10,000 hours sat there watching hobbits walk everywhere.

It's stuff like drink every time frodo says sam's name, you take a shot. if it's a shot of somebody's feet or fingernails, drink.

Danny Himself 02.16.2007 06:27 PM

I just watched 'changing lanes'. Samuel L Jackson and Ben Affleck. All it needed was some matt damon.

Hip Priest 02.16.2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
It's good to know that Laila's alright.

Yes indeed.

Hip Priest 02.16.2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
oh, i like it, i just think it's evil because my mom wanted me to see it with her in the theatre three times each. that's 10,000 hours sat there watching hobbits walk everywhere.

It's stuff like drink every time frodo says sam's name, you take a shot. if it's a shot of somebody's feet or fingernails, drink.

There's the famous Withnail and I drinking game, where yo have to watch the film and match them drink for drink.

I wouldn't recommend it though, of course.

schizophrenicroom 02.16.2007 06:31 PM

sebastian- i take it you'd get drunk very quickly?

danny- everything needs more matt damon.

Danny Himself 02.16.2007 06:32 PM

Or the Sex and the City drinking game. Take a shot every time you think Sarah Jessica Parker is ugly.

schizophrenicroom 02.16.2007 06:34 PM

my mom used to be hardcore into that show. thank god that stopped.

Hip Priest 02.16.2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

sebastian- i take it you'd get drunk very quickly?

danny- everything needs more matt damon.

Very quickly.

It's a very funny film. It's not about getting drunk, they just drink a lot in it.

finding nobody 02.16.2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

my mom used to be hardcore into that show. thank god that stopped.

I had a girlfreind who made me watch it. I kinda liked it! It's fucking weird that Im saying that..
There's a drinking game with to that song Roxanne. Where you drink every time they say Roxanne

king_buzzo 02.16.2007 07:15 PM

hello there, going to sleep in about five minutes.

schizophrenicroom 02.16.2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Very quickly.

It's a very funny film. It's not about getting drunk, they just drink a lot in it.

ah. sounds fun!

joel- there was one episode i kind of liked, but it was motly because carrie's fling of the moment was cute. something on the show, other than sarah jessica parker, just grates me.

hey jico.

night, buzzo.