Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

k-krack 03.29.2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
Sounds like a damn good time man. How were the chinese stars?

Pretty sweet-ass. The openers mics all needed to be turned up, though... thank shit they turned 'em up for the Brothers. dd/mm/yyyy was my favourite of the openers, they've played here a couple times, too. Celebration played about... 8 songs too much. They stayed onm for WAY too long, and they aren't good... But they did some cool songs with individual members of the Blood Brothers, those being the only interesting songs they played, really...

Danny Himself 03.29.2007 05:51 PM

ARGH!

The GTA IV trailer is on the official site but the servers are so overloaded the whole site is not loading. Arhhhgghhh!!!

drrrtyboots 03.29.2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Pretty sweet-ass. The openers mics all needed to be turned up, though... thank shit they turned 'em up for the Brothers. dd/mm/yyyy was my favourite of the openers, they've played here a couple times, too. Celebration played about... 8 songs too much. They stayed onm for WAY too long, and they aren't good... But they did some cool songs with individual members of the Blood Brothers, those being the only interesting songs they played, really...

I feel like a whole lot of venues keep the mics down for the openers just to make the headliner seem more important.

k-krack 03.29.2007 06:11 PM

I suppose that makes sense... should've kick Celebration off a few hours earlier though hhaha.

drrrtyboots 03.29.2007 06:35 PM

Yeah, when bad openers keep play I hate it. I haven't really had that problem too much lately except when I saw gang gang dance and this man with a banjo played by himself. He was interesting at first then just really annoying.

schizophrenicroom 03.29.2007 08:50 PM

i am back.

!@#$%! 03.29.2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i am back.

hurray!

drrrtyboots 03.29.2007 09:03 PM

welcome home jade.

Everyneurotic 03.29.2007 09:04 PM

hi schizo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm doing my podcast; so far played: devo, ted leo, yoko ono, caspar brötzmann massaker, dream/aktion unit, rotten sound and andrew bird, next is old school white zombie.

drrrtyboots 03.29.2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

i'm doing my podcast; so far played: devo, ted leo, yoko ono, caspar brötzmann massaker, dream/aktion unit, rotten sound and andrew bird, next is old school white zombie.

Do dream/aktion unit have any recordings floating around?

Everyneurotic 03.29.2007 09:11 PM

floating around how? like in soulseek or if they have released stuff that are in print?

because the answer to those two is yes.

drrrtyboots 03.29.2007 09:13 PM

Yes, that was my question. Sorry, it was a bad one. I just wasnt sure if they had any releases and like to be sly about my illegal downloading. Speaking of which, i think ill download them and sleep while thats going on. Goodnight everyone, good luck with the podcast everyneurotic.

schizophrenicroom 03.29.2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

andrew bird!! and ted leo! i want to listen.

Everyneurotic 03.29.2007 09:26 PM

i'll let you know when it's up, i'll even dedicate you the ted leo song.

schizophrenicroom 03.29.2007 09:37 PM

oh snap! i feel a love connection, my dear.

SynthethicalY 03.29.2007 09:38 PM

Hi Jade.

schizophrenicroom 03.29.2007 09:41 PM

hey victor! how are you?

Everyneurotic 03.29.2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
oh snap! i feel a love connection, my dear.

stop! i can't talk about music and stuff with me blushing!!!!! (greatly appreciated and reciprocated too)

i didn't intend it to be like that, but the show goes from fairly accessible to very obtuse and difficult towards the end.

SynthethicalY 03.29.2007 09:46 PM

I've been doing somewhat ok.

schizophrenicroom 03.29.2007 09:49 PM

oh, good :) i had some band stuff tonight (a tiny performance) that went sort of terribly. but i got to hang with some friends i've felt a bit disconnected from lately.

every-e- haha. i can't wait to listen.