Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 03.30.2007 10:13 PM

feel better, victor.

every-e- haha, folkies. that venue looks really, really nice. i'm seeing ted leo at the social. it's such a fun place. small, but not too small.. kinda dark.. limited security to keep underaged kids from drinking.

!@#$%! 03.30.2007 10:17 PM

ted leo & the reliable pharmacists??

drrrtyboots 03.30.2007 10:52 PM

Hella for me tomorrow night but they can't keep my underagedness from drinking!!

Everyneurotic 03.30.2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
every-e- haha, folkies. that venue looks really, really nice. i'm seeing ted leo at the social. it's such a fun place. small, but not too small.. kinda dark.. limited security to keep underaged kids from drinking.

actually, it's not a venue, it's an art complex made for theater performances, the camera obscura show was hosted in this gigantic room that's actually the biggest mural painting in the world, it was the first show ever hosted there, aside from a morrissey invite-only showcase; when c.o. hit the stage, tracyann the singer was like "oh my god! we've never played to so many people and this place is beautiful". it was a good show.

it seems there's a couple of good shows coming your way in that venue...i know you'll have a blast at ted leo's show; speaking of which, i did dedicate you the song, but the website that hosts my podcasts was acting goofy all they long so it's not up yet.

k-krack 03.30.2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
Hella for me tomorrow night but they can't keep my underagedness from drinking!!

NICE! Enjoy it for me!!!

Everyneurotic 03.31.2007 12:06 AM

i don't know if they still do it as a five piece, but hella kicks ass.

drrrtyboots 03.31.2007 12:17 AM

Yeah I'm a little concerned about that part. But seeing Zach Hill live is worth it. Plus my friend's band is playing a set later in the evening at the same venue and its been a good 4 months since ive seen him so i'm pretty pumped.

schizophrenicroom 03.31.2007 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ted leo & the reliable pharmacists??

indeed!

every-e- i meant "complex". still, it sounds beautiful.

schizophrenicroom 03.31.2007 11:16 PM

oh man, this place is dead.

SynthethicalY 03.31.2007 11:17 PM

Hey Jade.

k-krack 03.31.2007 11:25 PM

Heyy

SynthethicalY 03.31.2007 11:26 PM

How you doing k-krack?

Inhuman 03.31.2007 11:27 PM

Hey, how is everyone? I'm just getting ready to email a bus company for information for a pending petition/protest to reinstate a busline they cancelled last year.

SynthethicalY 03.31.2007 11:29 PM

Oh that sucks, I hate it when they cancel a bus line.

Inhuman 03.31.2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Oh that sucks, I hate it when they cancel a bus line.

I know! It was a perfect line. We had two lines going directly to the school; one in the upper end and another in the lower end. They cancelled the lower end one. I used it every morning and it was packed. I was then informed that they are "modifying" the line, so I was all "niice, they're going to add another bus so we don't have to stand all the time!". What do they do? Cancel it and make a line that 15 people use.

There has been a protest already, but I missed it and thought I'd take action myself with all the others that hate the change

SynthethicalY 03.31.2007 11:38 PM

Yeah, they did that here as well. But no one protested. But then again I am in Los Angeles.

schizophrenicroom 03.31.2007 11:40 PM

hey guys

rob- they canceled some buslines around here a while back. one of them ran just the same way yours did, to right near my school. that's good you're getting a petition up.

i ate my body's weight in chicken wings tonight. i don't think i'll be needing food for another week or two.

SynthethicalY 03.31.2007 11:42 PM

Hey I am happy I got my ticket for Sonic Youth in July. I am bored to death, My boyfriend is in New York till sunday, then to Ireland till next sunday.

SynthethicalY 03.31.2007 11:49 PM

Yesterday went so long. But I was sick though. Today went by quick. It is looking that more likely I want to go study in new york.

In chicago? Cool.

schizophrenicroom 03.31.2007 11:55 PM

yeah. i would go but i'm in california that day.

ahh! richard reed parry from the arcade fire has his own myspace. he's adorable.