Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 04.07.2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
And soon college.

of, of course. i've been getting so excited for that. i was doing some reading in the world news report or whatever "best colleges" with different rankings (best master's degree educations, bang for the buck) but i think i'm still sticking with my top ten.

SynthethicalY 04.07.2007 11:46 PM

I will not be able to go to NY:( This truly saddens me. I will go to the University next to my home. But I will make the best out of it.

This is the college I will probably be attending.

CSUN

schizophrenicroom 04.07.2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

I will not be able to go to NY:( This truly saddens me. I will go to the University next to my home. But I will make the best out of it.

oh man. we could have had some sweet ny adventures, granting columbia decided i was leet enough to attend.

i'm leaving fsu and flagler college open as safeties. i'm afraid that sean will be unable to not get used to me not being there so just in case, i'll stay here then transfer after i work through that. hopefully he'll adjust.

drrrtyboots 04.07.2007 11:49 PM

colleges in new york are too expensive, new york is too expensive. but therere deffinitely some great ones there.

SynthethicalY 04.07.2007 11:50 PM

I really want to go. But my finances and all that crap won't let me.

drrrtyboots 04.07.2007 11:51 PM

my sister just got into sarah laweernce and that means i automatically have to lower my financial standards five thousands dollars because she got into her dream school and it costs a fucking lot of money. college gfdjngbegb ugh.

schizophrenicroom 04.07.2007 11:52 PM

csun looks really nice.

yeah, my problem is the financial. if i did go to columbia i'd end up living off ramen noodles or something because of my inability to hold money. i have a feeling i'll be there, though. being poor is worth going there.

schizophrenicroom 04.07.2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
my sister just got into sarah laweernce and that means i automatically have to lower my financial standards five thousands dollars because she got into her dream school and it costs a fucking lot of money. college gfdjngbegb ugh.

thats one of my ten for their writing program. but that sucks :(

drrrtyboots 04.07.2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
csun looks really nice.

yeah, my problem is the financial. if i did go to columbia i'd end up living off ramen noodles or something because of my inability to hold money. i have a feeling i'll be there, though. being poor is worth going there.

i hope we can be good freinds then, ny is my second home thesse days.

drrrtyboots 04.07.2007 11:54 PM

yeah. i want to go somewhere for writing too but private colleges are all great deals of money. but id rather die in debt then die unsatisfied in my progfessions.

schizophrenicroom 04.07.2007 11:55 PM

hell yeah! we can have some white russians together.

my second home is orlando nowadays. i'll actually miss that city next year.

drrrtyboots 04.07.2007 11:56 PM

yes but new york is the music capital of the world. brooklyn has some of the craziest dance party/shws youll ever witness. ive never danced so hard in myy entire life i swear.

SynthethicalY 04.07.2007 11:57 PM

I think I should do it. Yeah CSUN is a nice school, my only problem it is at home. I have been here for 22 years. But I think I want to be a High School teacher. Because it has been something I wanted to do. They do have great benefits, and good vacations.

SynthethicalY 04.07.2007 11:58 PM

You guys are making me sad. I feel I'll never be able to go there.

schizophrenicroom 04.07.2007 11:58 PM

yeah, i'm just as excited for the music as i am school.

i really want to be at the harlem shakes gig at the knitting factory in (i think) brooklyn going on right now. i've been obsessed with them for months.

victor- sometimes i feel like i never will. but tonight i have a feeling. just find the feeling. you totally will. fifty internet bucks says in a year or two i'll be walking from class and yell out your name and that you finally fucking got here.

k-krack 04.07.2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
yes but new york is the music capital of the world. brooklyn has some of the craziest dance party/shws youll ever witness. ive never danced so hard in myy entire life i swear.

Hardest I ever danced was to Burnin' Down the House at my aunts wedding. Also; only time I've danced/plan on dancing.

drrrtyboots 04.07.2007 11:59 PM

i'm sorry...i actually never realize how lucky i am to have lved so close to nyc my whole life. the past few years have been filled with so many shows and experiences there, its been magical.

SynthethicalY 04.07.2007 11:59 PM

oh come on, don't you want to dance on your wedding day?

drrrtyboots 04.08.2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Hardest I ever danced was to Burnin' Down the House at my aunts wedding. Also; only time I've danced/plan on dancing.

well, one of the guys frmo spank rock was djing and he knew how to pic kthe songs. this was after gang gang dance played so i never stopped dancing.

k-krack 04.08.2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

oh come on, don't you want to dance on your wedding day?

Well... I guess so... but I'm not a dancer... It's only fun when you are not taking it at all seriously, and yr with yr friends, and it's in the music hall at school when the school band is playing cheesy jazz and swing shit.