Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

drrrtyboots 05.06.2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
the firestone in orlando has a really higg stage thats cool but i prefer the lower stage like in the social where i can lean against the stage. easiera to talk to people on stage.

well jade, this place is an abandoned pool that can fit about 5000 or so people in it so the high stage works really well for the size od the crwod, everyone can see the stage.

Everyneurotic 05.06.2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

i just know seans home for eight and mom a bit before then so i ahve to give the illustsion im not a zombie

ohh that suck-diddly-ucks (flanders).

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
go to the brooklyn show! thwe venue is awesome, huge really high up stage. makes you feel like youre in some kinda movie or something. sy rocked the fuckin house(pool) there last year, blew the yeah yeah yeahs away and then some.

i almost got to see deerhoof last year there but i had some schedule conflict and couldn't be there, i also left ny like a week before i could catch sy's show.

ohh and yyy, i like, like, half a song of theirs.

SynthethicalY 05.06.2007 01:13 AM

Man, I am going to feel weird leaving this room. Ah It makes me sad to leave this room.

schizophrenicroom 05.06.2007 01:13 AM

nick- eh, i see your point

victor- ive gotten really attached to my room recently since we redid the carpets and i'm going to miss it like hell next year

drrrtyboots 05.06.2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
ohh that suck-diddly-ucks (flanders).

i almost got to see deerhoof last year there but i had some schedule conflict and couldn't be there, i also left ny like a week before i could catch sy's show.

ohh and yyy, i like, like, half a song of theirs.

that deerhoof show was awesome! but when i saw them on their latest tour back in january they played a lot better, mostly cause they had gotten more used to playing with olny 3 memebers.

schizophrenicroom 05.06.2007 01:17 AM

deerhoof is prob the best show i saw this year

SynthethicalY 05.06.2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

nick- eh, i see your point

victor- ive gotten really attached to my room recently since we redid the carpets and i'm going to miss it like hell next year

So you going to go to New York?
Cause i might go not so sure though, but hoping I can get in there.

schizophrenicroom 05.06.2007 01:19 AM

most likely, or somerhwhe in mass.

Everyneurotic 05.06.2007 01:19 AM

Quote:

that deerhoof show was awesome! but when i saw them on their latest tour back in january they played a lot better, mostly cause they had gotten more used to playing with olny 3 memebers.

ohh, i kinda feel bad, they were so many shows i wanted to go, i wanted to go to see dead meadow and enon at mccarren pool too; the other show i kick myself for missing was genghis tron at the knitting factory.

schizophrenicroom 05.06.2007 01:20 AM

i just know teh first week of june, i'm leaving here and save for holidays i'm never coming back.

Everyneurotic 05.06.2007 01:20 AM

Quote:

deerhoof is prob the best show i saw this year

oh really? i would have never guessed!!!

SynthethicalY 05.06.2007 01:21 AM

Quote:

most likely, or somerhwhe in mass.

I see, I might go to San Francisco though mostly because it is cheaper for me, since I am in California already.

drrrtyboots 05.06.2007 01:22 AM

im gonna kick myself for missing the upcoming melt banana at knitting factory but its finals week so theres no convincing my parentst to et me go. but luckily, the boredoms are playing their 77 drumset performance in july in the city so im soo excited for this wsummers shows. and free animal collective in a month..im drooling.

schizophrenicroom 05.06.2007 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
oh really? i would have never guessed!!!

haha

victor- i might be going to berkeley.. it all dpends.

SynthethicalY 05.06.2007 01:24 AM

Cool, so this year you are graduating? I thought it was next year.

Everyneurotic 05.06.2007 01:24 AM

Quote:

... but luckily, the boredoms are playing their 77 drumset performance in july in the city so im soo excited for this wsummers shows...

that's the one i was referring, that's the one i have a pretty good chance of seeing, i'm not 100% sure but there's the possibility.

schizophrenicroom 05.06.2007 01:25 AM

Quote:

im gonna kick myself for missing the upcoming melt banana at knitting factory but its finals week so theres no convincing my parentst to et me go. but luckily, the boredoms are playing their 77 drumset performance in july in the city so im soo excited for this wsummers shows. and free animal collective in a month..im drooling.

ahh, thats awesome.

drrrtyboots 05.06.2007 01:26 AM

im still not sure exactly where its at but a afriend told me at one of the art project spaces in brooklyn, obviously outdtroos. i know of like two different ones that hjav eoutdoor spaces but either way, its going to be mindblowing. boredoms live is stil lthe most religious experience of my entire life and i dont really believe much in any god.

schizophrenicroom 05.06.2007 01:27 AM

holy shit. i watched this documetnary for the 50th time and only now have i realized a lto of things. i nee adrink

im glad melt banana are playing here in june.. no curfwe

me and mia live was a religous experience. i still get teary listning to that.

drrrtyboots 05.06.2007 01:29 AM

you know jade, me and you are tyoo much alike on satruday nights. i tried playing wii inm y current state but it was way too difficult. ill wait untill tomororow when im in tip top shape.