Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 05.14.2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
Actually, i prefer the term "insane asylum" but we all have our preferences.

to me, insane asylums are portable classrooms. the hate flows.

drrrtyboots 05.14.2007 08:26 PM

Insane asylums are for the sane i.e. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. If only every acid trip was that true to reality.

jico. 05.14.2007 08:27 PM

boa noite, vou dormir.

schizophrenicroom 05.14.2007 08:29 PM

never tried acid. the only dealers around here are cute little middle schoolers with nickel bags of pot.

schizophrenicroom 05.14.2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jico.
boa noite, vou dormir.

sueños dulces :)

!@#$%! 05.14.2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
never tried acid. the only dealers around here are cute little middle schoolers with nickel bags of pot.

please don't

drrrtyboots 05.14.2007 08:32 PM

I haven't either but if it happens, it happens. Yet still, the fact that Kessey came up with the concept for that book through an acid trip is kind of amazing.

schizophrenicroom 05.14.2007 08:32 PM

i don't want to. i don't care for drugs.

Everyneurotic 05.14.2007 08:36 PM

i really can't understand the romanticizing of drugs. i don't think it's either right or wrong to do stuff, but the whole "ohh it's wonderful, people who don't like drugs are idiots" thing i find really stupid.

schizophrenicroom 05.14.2007 08:40 PM

yeah, to each their own.

this website ruinedmusic.com is really fascinating. i can't really say i have "ruined" songs but i know where some of the writers are coming from.

!@#$%! 05.14.2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

i don't want to. i don't care for drugs.

good. you have such fine brain. hurting it would be a disgrace.

people may say what they want about timothy leary but by the end of his life he was a babbling fool.

i also have a friend, an ex-hippie, who used to be a musician, and dropped acid some 300 times. didn't do him any good that i'm aware of, and he gets the most awful migraines, and he's not at all a happy person.

schizophrenicroom 05.14.2007 08:44 PM

drugs screwed up the cousin i always wish i had gotten to known.

Inhuman 05.14.2007 08:45 PM

I have a few hippie friends as well that mix drugs all the time. They take 10 seconds to respond to questions

!@#$%! 05.14.2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

maaaybe.

i'm going to be working in a french bakery all summer, most likely. between three-times-weekly drum camp. i was going to audition for a drum corp a few weeks ago but it starts touring too early and um, no way in hell could i do that.

sorry, i was on the phone with a friend for a bit. french bakery huh? watch what you eat!!! (sounds delicious though).

drum corp... hm... hey can you play drums like a drumset?

you know, like yoshimi

schizophrenicroom 05.14.2007 08:48 PM

hah.

we need more hippie kids. uptight coffee addicts are quarter a dozen.

Everyneurotic 05.14.2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

yeah, to each their own.

this website ruinedmusic.com is really fascinating. i can't really say i have "ruined" songs but i know where some of the writers are coming from.

i get a lot of shit because i don't like weed and most of my friends are stoners (how that happened, i can't really say). we're mostly not that close, probably because of that, i don't know.

i've had some experiences like on that website, but for the most part, it passes, i might not like listening to something because of crap that i associate it with but then, after a while, i don't care about it.

like, when i broke up with my ex, i couldn't listen to pinkerton or the bends without bursting into tears. now, i can blast those and not feel bad or anything.

schizophrenicroom 05.14.2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
sorry, i was on the phone with a friend for a bit. french bakery huh? watch what you eat!!! (sounds delicious though).

drum corp... hm... hey can you play drums like a drumset?

you know, like yoshimi

ah, i will :)

not very well but i'm taking jazz band as an elective for next year and i'm going to shape up over the summer.

!@#$%! 05.14.2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

hah.

we need more hippie kids. uptight coffee addicts are quarter a dozen.

hey, are you talking about hayden now?

anyway, ha ha, this is an OLD hippie, from the 60s. we used to work together in a store, he was very funny. actually ive lost touch with him these past 2 years; maybe i'll shoot him an email. wonder what he's up to.

and this reminds me-- while i worked there-- i dated a bakery girl once, oh she was the cutest all covered in flour, ha ha, beautiful girl.

things didn't go well though-- she had an ex she was obsessed about and i wasn't willing to deal with the drama.

Everyneurotic 05.14.2007 08:58 PM

ok, i know when i'm not wanted anymore.

Inhuman 05.14.2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
like, when i broke up with my ex, i couldn't listen to pinkerton or the bends without bursting into tears. now, i can blast those and not feel bad or anything.

I hate when that happens. It's like that for me with Death Cab and Metric. Even though I'm not really a fan of either band, they both really sadden me because of ex's and I nearly left gym class because people were playing it.

Speaking of coffee, I just made some. I had 3 cups today (now 4) and an energy drink. I wish I wasn't so addicted, it's more difficult than I thought to quit.