Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

jico. 05.16.2007 05:30 PM

that's great.

sleepy. goodnight, i'm off to bed.

Danny Himself 05.16.2007 05:30 PM

Thanks for the 'get well soon's everybody.

Night Jico.

Hip Priest 05.16.2007 05:31 PM

Don't keep us in suspense Danny. Has there been any improvement?

finding nobody 05.16.2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
Awesome, can't wait for it.
Joel you should come to Belgium for the pukkelpop festival this summer! Danny boy agreed to come.

that would be rad. I'm not sure how probable that is right now though

Trasher02 05.16.2007 05:37 PM

Just be there!
We need a massive board meeting.

Danny Himself 05.16.2007 05:37 PM

I suppose there has been.

I woke up today with clusterfuck on all the senses. My nose was thoroughly blocked up and running at the same time, my throat felt like a rusty chainsaw, and my head felt like it was in a vice. I got up, had a dose of Calpol (god help me, I still can not bring myself to ever take a paracetamol pill), and went back to bed. I was asleep having a wonderful dream about being a jew when my sister came home from work and she was unaware I was upstairs in bed. So when I came out of my room and walked down the stairs, she shouted 'WHO IS THAT?!' in a booming voice because she thought I was a burglar.

Then I had some Beechams All-In-One for my throat and nose and sat on the couch with the dog playing on my ps2. And I've been basically drifting around feeling weird all evening. The Daily Show made me laugh, though. But I still can't get my mind off my trouble with the opposite sex.

So yeah, I've improved a little.

Hip Priest 05.16.2007 05:37 PM

'pukkelpop' probably means something pretty boring, but it sounds great.

Hip Priest 05.16.2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I suppose there has been.

I woke up today with clusterfuck on all the senses. My nose was thoroughly blocked up and running at the same time, my throat felt like a rusty chainsaw, and my head felt like it was in a vice. I got up, had a dose of Calpol (god help me, I still can not bring myself to ever take a paracetamol pill), and went back to bed. I was asleep having a wonderful dream about being a jew when my sister came home from work and she was unaware I was upstairs in bed. So when I came out of my room and walked down the stairs, she shouted 'WHO IS THAT?!' in a booming voice because she thought I was a burglar.

Then I had some Beechams All-In-One for my throat and nose and sat on the couch with the dog playing on my ps2. And I've been basically drifting around feeling weird all evening. The Daily Show made me laugh, though. But I still can't get my mind off my trouble with the opposite sex.

So yeah, I've improved a little.

Good. Manuka honey is most advisable, you know. Quite the thing.

Trasher02 05.16.2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
'pukkelpop' probably means something pretty boring, but it sounds great.

It means "zit"pop.
Nice festival though.

Hip Priest 05.16.2007 05:42 PM

Thank you.

Danny Himself 05.16.2007 06:09 PM

Have you ever looked on the front of your passport?

The coat of arms has a unicorn!

Hip Priest 05.16.2007 06:12 PM

I don't have a passport.

In heraldry, the unicorn represents virtue and strength.

Danny Himself 05.16.2007 06:16 PM

Cool. There is also a smiling lion.

Hip Priest 05.16.2007 06:17 PM

The lion represents courage, you'll be not surprised to hear.

SynthethicalY 05.16.2007 06:19 PM

Hello, people.

Hip Priest 05.16.2007 06:20 PM

Hello there.

SynthethicalY 05.16.2007 06:23 PM

How are you guys today, or tonight?

Hip Priest 05.16.2007 06:27 PM

I'm good. You?

New Owner finds mummy in Spanish flat

A man in north-eastern Spain has made an unexpected discovery after buying a new home without seeing it first.

Inside he found the mummified body of the previous owner.

Jordi Giro bought the flat in the Costa Brava resort of Rosas at an auction after the previous owner defaulted on her payments.

He told police that he was shocked on going into the flat for the first time to discover her body sitting on the sofa.

It seems that Maria Luisa Zamora failed to keep up payments on her mortgage because she had in fact died in 2001.

Police believe the body has been preserved by the salty sea air.

Coroners said Mrs Zamora died of natural causes.

But questions are being asked about why no-one has been concerned as to her whereabouts for the last six years.

Police say neither her estranged husband nor her children in Madrid registered a missing persons report for the 55-year-old.

Neighbours say Mrs Zamora had bought the flat as a holiday home and told AFP news agency that when the garden grew over they assumed she had simply stayed away.

SynthethicalY 05.16.2007 06:30 PM

Oh yeah I heard of that one, before I came to school today. It is sad though that no one reported her missing.

Hip Priest 05.16.2007 06:33 PM

It certainly is.

Mobile Phone Virus Scare Jumps from Pakistan to Afghanistan

Rumours last week were spread around Pakistan that a deadly virus was being sent through mobile phones, and that anyone answering phone calls from some certain numbers would contract a fatal illness. The rumours claimed that "as soon as you answer your phone blood comes out of your mouth, nose and ears and you die"

The cellular operators moved to calm down subscribers and said in a joint statement "These rumors are completely baseless. They do not make any sense in technological terms." Farah Hussain, a spokeswoman for Warid Telecom, told Reuters that their customer service centers had been inundated with panicky subscribers inquiring about the so-called virus.

However, the "virus" seems to have jumped borders and the rumour is now spreading through Afghanistan, and government authorities are blaming local Taliban for spreading the scare story.

"I find it necessary to assure the people that the rumour spreading around the city is absolute nonsense -- it's baseless," interior ministry spokesman Zemarai Bashary told a news conference. "It's the work of the enemy," said Bashary, referring to the Taliban.

The interior ministry said it was investigating the source of the latest story.