Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 07:31 PM

yeah, i think i'm taking a 'net break. my eyes hurt.

nick! at least it's a leet topic.

SynthethicalY 05.16.2007 07:33 PM

Write that he used color to describe life, brown represented family or something I am reading this autobiography that explains his work to the last detail on it. Let me see if I can find it online hold on...

SynthethicalY 05.16.2007 07:34 PM

Here it is Drrtyboots. It is actually a very damn good book.

drrrtyboots 05.16.2007 07:35 PM

I have all the information I need and am actually a pretty decent writer but it's just the nature of the beast to procrastinate and complain and writing school papers. But I did manage to pick a good topic indeed.

And i'll hopefully pick that up sometime, I love reading all things kerouac.

SynthethicalY 05.16.2007 07:37 PM

have you read that one? That is pretty good, I like how it goes into detail of his life, and work.

drrrtyboots 05.16.2007 07:49 PM

Haven't read it. Actually, I haven't read many biographies on kerouac besides a few for this paper. I like reading his poetry and letters to friends much more. But the perspective of others is always so interesting as well.

John Violence 05.16.2007 08:09 PM

deeter deeter deeter

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 08:49 PM

d00d! how are you?

finding nobody 05.16.2007 08:50 PM

The guy from unwound! and GOLDBERG in your sig

drrrtyboots 05.16.2007 09:20 PM

That is no guy from unwound my friend.

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 09:23 PM

i don't think i've ever seen more than two or three photos of unwound.

drrrtyboots 05.16.2007 09:24 PM

There aren't many around. There's apparently their entire final tour recorded somewhere which was supposed to made into a dvd but that never happened. Breaks my heart...

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 09:27 PM

oh yeah.

and that makes me wonder about the mysterious evol documentary that i hope sees the light of day in the near future.

drrrtyboots 05.16.2007 09:28 PM

As much as I do love Sonic Youth, I've seen a whole lot of live recordings of them but finding a good unwound show is next to impossible. And Unwound being my favorite band ever, it hurts real bad.

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 09:33 PM

i've never seen on online anywhere, but maybe i'm not looking as hard as i could.

deerhoof's been competing with sy/pavement for that "favorite band ever" slot with me lately. apple o' is ridiculously awesome.

finding nobody 05.16.2007 09:33 PM

YOU're right dude. It's Ed Templeton skateboarding SY fan superduper man

drrrtyboots 05.16.2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i've never seen on online anywhere, but maybe i'm not looking as hard as i could.

deerhoof's been competing with sy/pavement for that "favorite band ever" slot with me lately. apple o' is ridiculously awesome.

I've found one recording of a '96 show which was pretty awful quality. Outside of that, there's the handful of youtube videos, like 4 or 5 in all. Also one of them playing corpse pose on their final tour on the KRS Video Fanzine dvd. I miss them so much :(

And yes, apple o' is insane. As well as reveille. Those are my two favorites by far.

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 09:41 PM

those krs vids are rad. i own a volume somewhere.

these hipster comic guys are taking over mtv for twenty four hours starting friday at noon and it says ted leo will pop up somewhere. they better play some daria.

reveille is amazing. my mom really loves holy night fever whenever i put it on but she said otherwise she's not too into them (a fact that i love). but she did say john was cute. they have the video for the perfect me on our on-demand channels and i still think it's incredibly odd/rad to see deerhoof sandwiched between emo band videos.

deathbyfeedback 05.16.2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
As much as I do love Sonic Youth, I've seen a whole lot of live recordings of them but finding a good unwound show is next to impossible.

this makes me sad also.

there should be a Don't Look Back: Leaves Turn Inside You

drrrtyboots 05.16.2007 09:46 PM

That's exactly where they belong, perfectly and awkwardly out of place in a disgraceful musical world. I'm a little bummed I decided not to see them when they played in nyc last week but it was the same venue I saw them at in january and with all these summer shoes on the horizon i need to start saving. But one of the openers, dirty projectors, is probably the most original and talented pop band i've heard in ages. check it: http://www.daytrotter.com/article/72...rty-projectors