Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 10:29 PM

what's red steel?

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 10:29 PM

i also don't like lyrics-based music and i love pavement, love the songwriting, the arrangements and the musical references.

although, pavement is also one of the few bands who i like their lyrics

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 10:31 PM

the lyrics to "we dance" are probably my favorite by them.

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 10:34 PM

range life, gold soundz, here...

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 10:37 PM

ahh, the whole verse from "out on my skateboard/the night is just hummin'" on is one of my favorite moments in music.

i've always been really partial to the opening lines of summer babe.

!@#$%! 05.16.2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
what's red steel?

that's a wii game-- not one of the best ones, but good enough. you're this american dude who has a japanese girlfriend who's the daughter of a yakuza guy. she wiggles her ass in front of you when you're going to meet her father, then she & the dad get kidnapped and guess who is in charge of the rescue?

it's an interminable game-- i played for hours & got to finish like 33% of it. i was staying in a friend's house-- after that, i vowed never to buy a wii because that shit can eat hours after hours after hours of your life and i swear, though i may not look it, i have better things to do... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i also don't like lyrics-based music and i love pavement, love the songwriting, the arrangements and the musical references.

although, pavement is also one of the few bands who i like their lyrics

here's my secret confession-- pavement annoys the fuck out of me. don't ask me why--- something at the gut level. i love you guys and i respect your choices, i'm not saying it's crap or anything, i just can't stand them! :(

anyway--my loss, perhaps. o well.

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

ahh, the whole verse from "out on my skateboard/the night is just hummin'" on is one of my favorite moments in music.

i've always been really partial to the opening lines of summer babe.

i intentionally exchange the words "gun" and "gum" when i sing that verse, i alternate between the two.

i think they are funny "ice baby" very topical for the times...my favorite part is the end, from when malky sings the high note on.

!@#$%! 05.16.2007 10:48 PM

hm, gotta get off the internet. goodnight people.

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
here's my secret confession-- pavement annoys the fuck out of me. don't ask me why--- something at the gut level. i love you guys and i respect your choices, i'm not saying it's crap or anything, i just can't stand them! :(

anyway--my loss, perhaps. o well.

i used to hate them, i thought they were ironic, pretentious fucks and it was all spin's fault, they made it seem so pompous that thought "fuck this shit" then i downloaded crooked rain and felt in love almost instantly.

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 11:03 PM

and again, everybody leaves me here alone.

great
grand
super
awesome

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 11:06 PM

i'm here! i had to get sean back in bed.

!@#$%!- ah, sounds fun. night :)

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 11:13 PM

ohh sorry schizo, it's just that lately every i talk to on the net bolts on me without warning.

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 11:15 PM

it's ok. sorry if i seemed i was doing that. sean ran out of bed wanting a snack, and when he wants heated leftovers, he gets them.

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

it's ok. sorry if i seemed i was doing that. sean ran out of bed wanting a snack, and when he wants heated leftovers, he gets them.

oh, spoiled much? :p

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 11:19 PM

he takes after me :p

he just has a big appetite.

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 11:21 PM

ohh, i could never have big, cooked dinners, it's always a little snack at the most.

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 11:23 PM

that's all this really was. just some heated up general tsos chicken. but the little bugger could eat his body weight in the stuff if he tried.

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 11:29 PM

hahahahaha, you're a full time sister.

schizophrenicroom 05.16.2007 11:35 PM

haha, that's me. he's a full time super kid. wouldn't trade him for anything.

still not tired. it needs to be the 23rd already.

Everyneurotic 05.16.2007 11:41 PM

it shows, you're a good sister (i've said it before)

i'm a little shaken, which is not good for trying to get sleep.