Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

acousticrock87 03.02.2009 03:33 AM

I love Married to the Sea. I think its quite a bit better than Toothpaste and Natalie. Or if not better, at least more my taste.

Kegmama 03.02.2009 04:16 AM

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...016#post777016

Kloriel 03.02.2009 07:16 AM

good morning all you cute little wampums

gmku 03.02.2009 07:59 AM

I'm moving to Asheville NC in 2 weeks. Woo hoo. I love Asheville. Meanwhile my wife is moving to Portland. So it's bittersweet. But it's good. I'll be making money again. And we'll both live in groovy places. We'll rack up the frequent flyer miles for a while.

█████████ 03.02.2009 08:25 AM

hey look, it's gmku. how are old man?

floUtingslowly was telling us about he met you at the zoo the other day.
rad stuff.

ashville, eh? still playing hide & seek with the police?

gmku 03.02.2009 08:30 AM

Um... huh?

And for the record, I believe you mean Floatingslowly, and no, we didn't meet anywhere that I'm aware of. And also for the record, it's spelled Asheville. And I would never play with the police. The Police, maybe, but not the police.

!@#$%! 03.02.2009 08:53 AM

gotta shut this and get out of bed now. fuck the upcoming daylight savings time. what a fucking blight. kill it dead.

Sonic Youth 37 03.02.2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I'm moving to Asheville NC in 2 weeks. Woo hoo. I love Asheville. Meanwhile my wife is moving to Portland. So it's bittersweet. But it's good. I'll be making money again. And we'll both live in groovy places. We'll rack up the frequent flyer miles for a while.

It shall be bittersweet. You can use those build up miles on extravagant jet-setting though... But, on the plus side, you're A) out of SC and B) Asheville has an OUTSTANDING music scene and is an all-around fairly nice place. I myself will be there at least twice in April. The Grey Eagle and The Orange Peel get great great acts.

PS. Not sure if they're you cup o'tea or not, but Dinosaur Jr are playing the Orange Peel on April 26th.

gmku 03.02.2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
It shall be bittersweet. You can use those build up miles on extravagant jet-setting though... But, on the plus side, you're A) out of SC and B) Asheville has an OUTSTANDING music scene and is an all-around fairly nice place. I myself will be there at least twice in April. The Grey Eagle and The Orange Peel get great great acts.

PS. Not sure if they're you cup o'tea or not, but Dinosaur Jr are playing the Orange Peel on April 26th.

Dinosaur Jr?! Fuck, there really is a god, isn't there. Seriously, I am so going to enjoy Asheville. I would never tell my wife, but living there almost makes the separation bearable if not enjoyable.

Well, here's what I already know about Asheville:

a. Great music scene
b. At least a couple of great RECORD stores
c. There's a J. Crew
d. Many brew pubs
e. Many wine bars
f. Many great restaurants
g. Natural beauty
h. It's not South Carolina
i. I'll live 5 minutes from downtown, 5 minutes to work, and the bus line goes right past my place
j. There's a great independent book store
k. Many coffee shops
l. There's an independent/art house movie theater downtown

floatingslowly 03.02.2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I believe you mean Floatingslowly, and no, we didn't meet anywhere that I'm aware of.

ahhh, the wonders of date rape drugs. :)

DISCLAIMER: I completely deny fishstix statements. I was speaking of a silverback gorilla and would never mistake you for one. orangutan, maybe, but not a silverback gorilla.

gmku 03.02.2009 01:59 PM

Well, as long as we both enjoyed ourselves, no foul, no harm, I say.

terriblecanyons 03.02.2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Wrong with me? I was out of the area, please leave a message this weekend. Damn near got snowed-in in SC, luckily I managed to escape.

Now I'm in KansASS. Come to Denver sometime... we'll wreak havoc on the most awesome city ever in colorado kind of towards the center of the state that happens to start with a d.

Sonic Youth 37 03.02.2009 07:37 PM

Fuck...too cold. I seize up at around 25 degrees

Danny Himself 03.02.2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Now I'm in KansASS. Come to Denver sometime... we'll wreak havoc on the most awesome city ever in colorado kind of towards the center of the state that happens to start with a d.

Boulder > Denver

static-harmony 03.02.2009 10:27 PM

Let's destroy California.

joe11121 03.02.2009 11:22 PM

its gonna be -16 C here tomorrow! Arg! But it goes to about +10 C on sunday or saturdays so that's all good.

samuel 03.02.2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Boulder > Denver

Of course!

static-harmony 03.03.2009 02:00 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.03.2009 02:43 PM

^ Very creepy with that "shalom, shalom" song in the background.

gmku 03.04.2009 06:07 PM

I somehow don't care much about this forum anymore though I love some of the people here. Why is that?

Maybe it's because in less than 2 weeks I will be a full-time resident of the grooviest place on the face of the earth. ASHEVILLE!