Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

SynthethicalY 06.09.2007 12:32 AM

You know what I hate about High School contest in writing, is that if you submit something that leads towards the negative, you are looked as crazy.

drrrtyboots 06.09.2007 12:33 AM

Kids in my school don't like me or think i'm weird because I read Burroughs' Queer in class last year and now American Psycho. But it's because most of them have yet to actually pick up a book in their lives.

SynthethicalY 06.09.2007 12:35 AM

I want to get Queer next time I go to the bookstore. Right Now I am reading something on Greek Mythology.

Everyneurotic 06.09.2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
You know what I hate about High School contest in writing, is that if you submit something that leads towards the negative, you are looked as crazy.

yeah, hahahahaha. my classmates and teacher liked my story, though; some actually wanted to know if it was autobiographical, asking me if the girl in the story was supposed to be someone from school or if i was going to kill myself. wankers.

my teacher, actually, wanted to publish one of my poems in a poetry journal or magazine and she always told me that she was "about to" talk to people and get it done. for some reason, she stole it.

schizophrenicroom 06.09.2007 12:38 AM

nick- my "friend" at the time i was reading invisible monsters said the cover was "weird". pffh.

victor- oooh. i want to check out the judaism section or find something about saints. and i remember turning in a story freshman year about eating disorders and people thinking i must have had one. god.

every-e- i didn't want to get into the scene, either. good thing i didn't. they all ended up going to the crappy school and failing.

drrrtyboots 06.09.2007 12:38 AM

Queer is a pretty good read, very short though.

schizophrenicroom 06.09.2007 12:42 AM

i was supposed to be in volusia voices (our county "journal" for students) but my teacher never turned it in.

Everyneurotic 06.09.2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i was supposed to be in volusia voices (our county "journal" for students) but my teacher never turned it in.

that sucks, they get your hopes up. not mine though, at least not a lot, i thought that poem she ran away with was pretty lame.

i want to go to the library to find history stuff, whatever, i'm cool with everything.

i'm currently re-reading lords of chaos for like the 12th time.

SynthethicalY 06.09.2007 12:45 AM

My teachers never paid any attention to me. I was just a number, funny though. I remember just going fot two or three classes almost daily.

schizophrenicroom 06.09.2007 12:46 AM

i'm still reading special topics in calamity physics. i'm going slowly because i'm too busy picturing myself as the character jade than i am just reading.

schizophrenicroom 06.09.2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

My teachers never paid any attention to me. I was just a number, funny though. I remember just going fot two or three classes almost daily.

a few of my teachers over the years couldn't have cared less about me. luckily though, i've had a few i've really connected with. they've all been the same, kinda-nuts really-cool kind.

Everyneurotic 06.09.2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

i'm still reading special topics in calamity physics. i'm going slowly because i'm too busy picturing myself as the character jade than i am just reading.

that happened to me when i read on the road for the first time.

i've had teachers that either love talking to me or hate me to no end. very few have been indifferent.

SynthethicalY 06.09.2007 12:52 AM

yeah, mine where the older types who saw us as the fucked up generation, and who already grew weary of teaching. I had one teacher who used to talk to herself.

schizophrenicroom 06.09.2007 12:53 AM

my science teacher last year would come into my mom's store just to tell her how much she enjoyed having me in class.

SynthethicalY 06.09.2007 12:54 AM

Well I am off people. Take care.

Everyneurotic 06.09.2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

my science teacher last year would come into my mom's store just to tell her how much she enjoyed having me in class.

awesome!!! hahahaha, and weird.

g'night synth.

schizophrenicroom 06.09.2007 12:57 AM

Quote:

yeah, mine where the older types who saw us as the fucked up generation, and who already grew weary of teaching. I had one teacher who used to talk to herself.

haha. i've had those.

schizophrenicroom 06.09.2007 12:59 AM

night, victor.

schizophrenicroom 06.09.2007 01:04 AM

damn, i killed this thread.

Everyneurotic 06.09.2007 01:05 AM

hahahahahahaha