Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

!@#$%! 06.10.2007 11:54 PM

oh man i read the story of some american guy who went to monterrey and his friend there took him to "the best place to eat in town" and it was carl's jr. he he. i swear though fast food tastes better in mexico than the u.s. and i don't know why.

jade -- my favorite thing in carl's jr. is the steak & egg breakfast burrito, which is a staple of our road trips. in the east coast it's hardee's i think but it's not the same eh??

hey btw, are you driving or flying to california?

schizophrenicroom 06.10.2007 11:56 PM

yeah, hardees. we used to have one right near my house but now it's a chick-fil-a.

flying. i fly into san francisco and hfafanka you have no idea how excited that little detail makes me.

Everyneurotic 06.10.2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i'm excited for carl's jr on my trip. it sounds sad, but there's no decent burger place here for 25 miles.

dude, you're making me feel sad for you! (just kidding)

yeah, carl's kick ass, actually, they recently reopened after like ten years when they closed the last franchise here, so i'm very happy for this.

hope you get a tasty burger soon!

the best burgers in mexico are carl's, the ones they make in a bar i go, orange-franchise street vendors (so called because most have an orange plastic cover) and, as weird as it sounds, chilli's (yeah, that chilli's)

!@#$%! 06.11.2007 12:00 AM

i havent eaten meat in like 2 months and it's funny i don't crave it. but seafood...

eh im out of here, gotta shower & go to bed, happy burgers to both of you :D

Пятхъдесят Шест 06.11.2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
in the east coast it's hardee's i think but it's not the same eh??

It's Hardees here on the fringe of the midwest too. And having been to a Carl Jr's in California, they are exactly the same, besides the name. Now I'm wondering why there is a difference in names?

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 12:02 AM

every-e- chilis the restaurant? they opened a new one in daytona right near old navy. it's exciting.

later, !@#$%!

wect- i don't know, either.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh man i read the story of some american guy who went to monterrey and his friend there took him to "the best place to eat in town" and it was carl's jr. he he. i swear though fast food tastes better in mexico than the u.s. and i don't know why...

hahahahahahahaha, that kinda confirms the chili's thing. no kidding, the best non fast food burger in town.

but monterrey have cabrito and it rules!!!! also, their bbq is famous.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 12:07 AM

have you been to puerta vallarta, every-e? my cousin and his wife went there on their honeymoon and it looks really nice.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 12:09 AM

I am back.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 12:11 AM

hey! how was the bookstore?

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

have you been to puerta vallarta, every-e? my cousin and his wife went there on their honeymoon and it looks really nice.

oh, i haven't, of the beaches here, i've only been to ixtapa and acapulco. they say puerto vallarta is great though.

acapulco is too...it's good for being semi concious and sleeping 'till after noon to enjoy it, ixtapa is more relaxed.

i so want to see more of my country, i have plans with some people to do a mini tour around october/november, i really hope it happens.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 12:14 AM

Jade, my sis could not find the book she wanted. I went to Puerto Vallarta once every-e. Then we took a taxi to my grandmothers home somewhere in the hills.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 12:19 AM

i've wanted to see mexico for a while. hopefully once i'm done with school i'll be able to travel.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Jade, my sis could not find the book she wanted.

i hate when that happens.

finding nobody 06.11.2007 12:23 AM

we've passed into the 800s
Ladies and gentlemen fasten your seatbelts

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 12:24 AM

I wanted to buy a book of poetry, but could not find any.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

i've wanted to see mexico for a while. hopefully once i'm done with school i'll be able to travel.

you should, it's beautiful around here.

synth: i think that's kinda trippy "we've arrived at this coast of leisure, now get to the cab, we're goin to town to see grandma for lunch" not that it's incredibly strange, it's just kinda weird.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 12:26 AM

Yeah, and I never saw it again, till we left to come back home.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 12:29 AM

i've been looking for this book by tao lin everywhere and can't find it.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 12:31 AM

Have you tried Amazon, I usually do that when i can't find a book.