Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 01:38 AM

aw, man.

deep purple are playing in orlando real soon. the same guy's going to that one. i would go to sing along to smoke on the water and then leave but it's 59539 dollars.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 01:38 AM

I could never pay that much for concerts.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
aw, man.

deep purple are playing in orlando real soon. the same guy's going to that one. i would go to sing along to smoke on the water and then leave but it's 59539 dollars.

but deep purple were an awesome band!!!

i would not pay 5 cents to see them today, though. no blackmore and no lord = no deep purple.

all this talk about "classic" rock reminds me, the scorpions are coming to mexico soon.

the most i paid for a show is roughly $100 u.s.d., for ozzfest and metallica/pantera/monster magnet. both costed around that.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 01:44 AM

victor- i hate paying more than $25. morrissey is 48 but he's morrissey.

everye- eighth grade jazz band, we played "smoke on the water". it was 4393 levels of awesome. but mostly because i was on the set. my one song on the drum set.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 01:46 AM

i can only imagine that, you rocking out to smoke on the water in full on band gear.

SynthethicalY 06.11.2007 01:47 AM

Yeah. well I am off. I have school in the morning and it is finals. Take care guys.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 01:47 AM

there's this picture i have somewhere of us playing that live, and my face is somewhere between "YEAH"! and "fuck i dropped my stick". i played the last half-minute of the song that night (awards ceremony) with one stick.

later, victor.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 01:54 AM

good night, synth.

i'd pay to see that pic, schizo. yeah, keep rocking without a stick is pretty cool.

i find it weird when people here refer to themselves by their real names.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 01:57 AM

i wish i could find it. if i ever do, i won't charge you.

ah, i don't know. i do half/half.. some folk i address with their name, and you're every-e.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:02 AM

thanks, i was kinda bluffing about paying you.

yeah, i know, it's just that it's their "mortal" names, you know? i think it's weird, not something bad or anything; i've called you jade a couple of times, but how we address ourselves reminds of the good old days on the game's and limp bizkit's boards. so i'm cool with that.

the only people i refer to by real name are adam scissor shock (atsonicpark) and scott slimm archive cd (voided).

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:03 AM

hahaha the game. whenever i read about him i just think of those awesome threads on that board. then i go "every-e!", usually out loud.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:05 AM

i remember that too but when i see his videos, he's all "yeah! uh!" and i remember when we did the magik markers thread and when we hi jacked some dumb thread to talk about van halen and questionable content.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:08 AM

lmao, i think i actually typed out the instrument parts to "jump" or something. i remember doing something with his picture in ms paint.

i wonder if archive.org has anything up from it.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:13 AM

it would be worth a search.

that was so much fun, that and the original sonic youth thread at the old board.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:15 AM

i only hit 1,000 posts on the old board and it was because of all our posting on the game board.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:18 AM

hahahahahahahaha.

i think most of our posting was during the last of the board and because of the trolling.

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:23 AM

yeah. it was the whole last week.

i remember there being a bit of downtime between the old one going down and this one going up. it was way early in the morning and i sat waiting and waiting.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:25 AM

hahahaha, i think i walk up the next day and everyone was already here when i joined.

i think my first thread i started here was the "post your avatar"

(you, of course, started many threads we still use today)

schizophrenicroom 06.11.2007 02:29 AM

i sat up all night trying to archive the old sonic youth thread.

hah. i take pride in knowing i started the introduction thread.

Everyneurotic 06.11.2007 02:32 AM

i wasn't sleeping well then (not that that has improved with time) and i remember i got hit with sleep very hard and had to go...should have stayed.