Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   more artists confirm atp (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1298)

pokkeherrie 11.28.2006 08:05 AM

Crazy Horse sounds like a saloon in wild west style...
Swinging Shillelagh's definitely the "Irish" pub of the lot...
Hotshots Sports Bar - they'll probably have TVs with sport games there
Bar Rosso - Butlins swingers club no doubt...
Jak/Sun and moon - no idea

sonicl 11.28.2006 08:13 AM

From the ATP FAQ

Q - Is there a bar at the event?
Each of the three venues:
Centre Stage
Reds
Crazy Horse
have extensive Bar facilities.

There are also various bars on site:
Sun & Moon - traditional pub with Carvery and big screen for sports
Irish Bar - Irish themed pub with large beer garden and Karaoke
Bar Rosso - In the Skyline, Cafe -Bar style, open terrace in to the Skyline
HotShots - Accessed from the Skyline, Full sports Bar with Big Screens for sport, pool, snooker, the latest video games, (extra charge) Darts and home of the 10 pin Bowling.
Jumpin Jaks - night Club Venue.
The Yacht Club - Cafe bar with Costa Coffee

jon boy 11.28.2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
ok, am laughing.
also since kid wanted to be able to visit a r e a l saloon.

a real saloon will have half doors that swing ala cowboy films and a wagon wheel on the wall. just so you know.

Glice 11.28.2006 08:36 AM

I don't know which armband I have, but it looks like the three bands I won't miss (Ashtray Navigations, NNCK and Brotzmann) don't clash with anything I'm terribly worried about seeing.

I'm with Iain, I may not bother seeing SY, depending on what they clash with.

pokkeherrie 11.28.2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
a real saloon will have half doors that swing ala cowboy films and a wagon wheel on the wall. just so you know.

wagon wheel on the wall... so actually it looks just like an irish pub, except for the swinging half doors.

therealglenstyler 11.28.2006 09:30 AM

OH god. I love it. water skiing!!!

sonicl 11.28.2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealglenstyler

?!?!?!?!

The Lung 11.28.2006 01:08 PM

I am so fucking pissed about the Bardo Pond/ SY clash, if I had the saturday wristband I would be fine. It's a good job I'm seeing Bardo Pond this thursday at Nottingham otherwise my head would have exploded.

pokkeherrie 11.28.2006 01:24 PM

Does anybody want to swap Stooges shows only? (not Sonic Youth)
I'm allocated for seeing Iggy and his men on Sunday, but would like to change that for Friday, because of JOMF and NNCK who are both (partly) overlapping on Sunday.

If anybody is up for it, this would mean we'd swap wrist bands on Friday afternoon, and then swap them back on Friday night in between the Stooges and Sonic Youth shows. I'd even leave a few minutes before the Stooges end to allow you some extra time to move up front for SY (on top of the 30 minute pause in between shows).

I guess this offer is only interesting for those who are allocated to seeing the Stooges on Friday, but who want to see both the Stooges and Deerhoof (they overlap on Friday)... or for those who are scheduled for seeing both SY and the Stooges on Friday but want to spread these shows out over the weekend (SY on Friday, Stooges on Sunday).

jon boy 11.28.2006 01:25 PM

how do you find out what days your allocated?

pokkeherrie 11.28.2006 01:34 PM

You have to check the numbers on the tickets you (or the person who booked it) have been sent... 0001-3000 means both SY and Stooges on Friday, 3001-6000 means SY on Saturday and Stooges on Sunday.

0001-3000 are white tickets and 3001-6000 red. If you ordered from overseas or have them held for collection at the site, then you automatically are allocated for SY on Saturday and Stooges for Sunday.

jon boy 11.28.2006 01:36 PM

thanks. it wasnt me who got the tickets so i will ask.

pokkeherrie 11.28.2006 01:40 PM

don't forget to bring duct tape and scissors in case you want to swap. :D

jon boy 11.28.2006 01:41 PM

it will be ok, i have skinny wrists.

h8kurdt 11.28.2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealglenstyler

Ay, slap bang in the middle of winter. Have fun doing it.

I am soooo not gonna get some sleep. Drugs galore to keep me awake me thinks.

o o o 11.30.2006 05:24 AM

so... ashtray navigations to start the festival and sunburned hand of the man to end it.

and choices to make. i will certainly be tempted to consistently try to see half of each band's set, when two bands that i really want to see play at the same time, but it might not be that easy to work out, especially if there are delays (did bands play more or less on time at previous atp editions or are there usually a lot of delays?)

jon boy 11.30.2006 05:30 AM

i think it will be easy to see half or all of some bands and harder for others. magik markers set will probably be really short, so will purients so i can mix it up after they play.

o o o 11.30.2006 06:11 AM

yes, i will have to take this parameter into account too.
but i'm glad i'm seeing a few of those bands this week-end, it will probably make choices a bit easier.

Iain 11.30.2006 06:39 AM

Yes, I was thinking that it would be worth keeping an eye on which bands probably won't fill all of their allocated time slots to make it easier to pop off to other things. Skaters play for 45 minutes??? Not likely!

pokkeherrie 11.30.2006 06:48 AM

skaters played for barely 15 minutes when i saw them... magik markers almost filled an hour though.

Iain 11.30.2006 07:26 AM

I think they (the Skaters) playes about 25-30 minutes when I saw them but they were sort of headlining. Not that I'm being critical...I think 20-30 minutes is a good length for a Skaters set.....

pokkeherrie 11.30.2006 07:35 AM

an hour would definitely be too long, i agree on that.

double leopards will probably not fill their 45 minutes either... which is good because then i could probably still catch the start of mats gustafsson + eye without missing anything of the leopards set.

another_waster 11.30.2006 08:59 AM

Hey - I am also selling 2 tickets for face value - And i have permission from ATP to sell them so you will gain entry to the festival! Visit my ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330056349213

Thanks a lot

nobye-noaloha 11.30.2006 10:22 AM

hair police planned to play 30 min. too

Moshe 12.04.2006 12:54 AM

NOTE TIME CHANGES

see new revised times - Blood Stereo and Double Leopards have swapped Slots and Major Stars move to Sunday now on Main stage

Cantankerous 12.04.2006 01:03 AM

might i ask, at risk of making myself look like a fucking idiot, where i can find a schedule to see who's playing when?

edit, nevermind:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
TIMES FOR THE XMAS EVENT

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/ni...s.php?view=519

Now you can start bitchin'

7yearbitch 12.04.2006 01:28 PM

Since the venues are being cleared out before sy and stooges, does that mean if you want to see the band playing before them you'll be miles back in a queue and get a sucky place to stand???

Theres no way i want to miss dinosaur jr on the saturday, but I also want to be front row for sy. It sucks if you're short!

Do people think there are likely to be queues to get up front? Apart from anything else, it tells you to be there 30mins before sy/stooges "to avoid disappointment"!!!

Katy 12.05.2006 03:30 PM

Anyone want to swap one red ticket wristband for one white ticket wristband?

I'm going to be collecting my wristbands from the venue box office when I get there, so they'll be two red ones (to see SY on Saturday and The Stooges on Sunday).

I'd like to swap ONE of these wristbands for a white one so I can see both bands on the Friday night as well.

Anyone interested? Let me know.

Moshe 12.05.2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy

I think sonicl is interested.

Moshe 12.06.2006 03:09 PM

http://brainwashed.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5777&Ite mid=60

Steven Stapleton reveals NWW ATP performance details

Written by Staff Wednesday, 06 December 2006 This weekend is ATP's Nightmare Before Christmas. The event is now sold out but Steven Stapleton has revealed the details on the Nurse With Wound show. Nurse With Wound will consist of Steven, Colin Potter, Matt Waldron, and Andrew Liles. They will be joined by a drummer and feature David Tibet of Current 93 on vocals. Pieces will include "The Dead Side of the Moon" and a unique rendition of "Two Shaves and a Shine."

sonicl 12.06.2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Anyone want to swap one red ticket wristband for one white ticket wristband?

I'm going to be collecting my wristbands from the venue box office when I get there, so they'll be two red ones (to see SY on Saturday and The Stooges on Sunday).

I'd like to swap ONE of these wristbands for a white one so I can see both bands on the Friday night as well.

Yep, I'm interested. Check your PMs.

Moshe 01.03.2007 04:30 PM

Don't you miss this thread? I miss those sweet days waiting for more additions for the line up.

Glice 01.03.2007 05:04 PM

A small, very stupid part of me jumped when I saw someone had bumped. Too late to put Haino on now, Mr Moore.

funhouse 01.03.2007 06:16 PM

this show is going to be so amazzzinngg

pokkeherrie 01.03.2007 06:19 PM

I hope there won't be any queueing though.

pantophobia 01.03.2007 07:11 PM

most fun ever, not in the queues though

i remember after having pizza after richard youngs, thurston went into the pizza hut and ordered all the while they were filming him, i am wondering if he pondered the difference of US and UK pepperoni cause i was(that UK pepperoni was fucking awesome)

that and how much my red sweater smelled after i dropped it whlie in that near-mosh and john moloney surfing Sunburned crowd

The Lung 01.04.2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
Don't you miss this thread? I miss those sweet days waiting for more additions for the line up.

I feel your pain. I can't believe it's over... all those months of waiting and waiting and now it's gone.

Katy 01.04.2007 10:10 PM

The pizza hut prices were cruel.. I was so hungry.. *wipes away a tear*

You know, i just realized I'm wearing the same jeans i wore that weekend right now. And they have yet to be laundered.. despite getting soaked through with sweat during the Stooges. They're being held together with Febreze.

Katy 01.04.2007 10:15 PM

PS - anyone here going to the Dirty Three/Nick Cave one in April? or the other one? ("ATP vs the Fans")

sonicl 01.05.2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

PS - anyone here going to the Dirty Three/Nick Cave one in April? or the other one? ("ATP vs the Fans")

Some guy told me that Neubauten were playing at the Dirty Three one, and I was tempted to go, but it appears he was talking out of his bottom, so probably not.

It appears that Bjork is the top contender for headlining the "vs the fans" one. I've nothing against her, but that doesn't bode well for a good line-up.