Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

marleypumpkin 07.19.2006 12:54 AM

Gees. WTF happened man?

finding nobody 07.19.2006 04:23 AM

I was at work, and a go-kart spun out, so i went to push him back in the right direction, and there was a ton of go-karts comming at me, so i hopped on the back of his (which isnt a big deal, i do it all the time)
So, when i rode the back of the go-kart to my station i was afraid to get off because the kid was hauling so much ass on a turn, so i thought i'd wait to jump off on the strait-a-way.
So when the kid drove the strait part of the track i hopped off and i was running too fast for my legs to carry me, so i fell and did a crazy roll. Then I remembered there were go-karts behind me, so I stood up really fast and then jumped off the track. and then i just walked off like nothin happend. i would pay so much money to have that shit on video!
all while listening to 'aurora borealis' by the the meat puppets

isnt this badass?

nicfit 07.19.2006 05:27 AM

ahah,finding nobody,looks like you're not very good at your job ;)

finding nobody 07.19.2006 12:31 PM

well, were not really supposed to do that. the boss said not to

Trasher02 07.19.2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
I was at work, and a go-kart spun out, so i went to push him back in the right direction, and there was a ton of go-karts comming at me, so i hopped on the back of his (which isnt a big deal, i do it all the time)
So, when i rode the back of the go-kart to my station i was afraid to get off because the kid was hauling so much ass on a turn, so i thought i'd wait to jump off on the strait-a-way.
So when the kid drove the strait part of the track i hopped off and i was running too fast for my legs to carry me, so i fell and did a crazy roll. Then I remembered there were go-karts behind me, so I stood up really fast and then jumped off the track. and then i just walked off like nothin happend. i would pay so much money to have that shit on video!

isnt this badass?

thats sick

nomadicfollower 07.19.2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

isnt this badass?

Haha. Bet you entertained a few parents.
Sounds like you have a pretty cool job, though. Something interactive, not altogether boring.

finding nobody 07.19.2006 01:47 PM

when i stood up it was like nobody saw it.
does that picture work for you guys?

nomadicfollower 07.19.2006 02:21 PM

Edit: Reloading the page worked.

HaydenAsche 07.19.2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

when i stood up it was like nobody saw it.
does that picture work for you guys?

Yeah. That's sweet.

finding nobody 07.19.2006 03:22 PM

i think i jammed my wrist in the process

acousticrock87 07.20.2006 03:58 AM

Man, I lied down cause I was feeling a little tired, I don't even know how long ago it was (maybe 4 hours), but I feel asleep, and just now woke up. Now it's 2am and I'm not tired. I hate when this happens...

krastian 07.20.2006 04:06 AM

2 AM? Damn you west coast;)

acousticrock87 07.20.2006 04:21 AM

Hah ya I don't understand you people on at crazy hours. I gotta get my sleep. I never stay up past 2 or 3.

finding nobody 07.20.2006 01:55 PM

i live it florida but im in central time

finding nobody 07.20.2006 04:52 PM

evol is rocking my socks right now

John Violence 07.20.2006 09:06 PM

I am starting to get in an EVOL kick myself. I never think of it as one of da yoof's best albums but it really is.

finding nobody 07.20.2006 09:10 PM

same here! i just got mine on vinyl
suk for honesty

John Violence 07.20.2006 11:00 PM

That album has a really good track order.

finding nobody 07.20.2006 11:03 PM

expressway is the perfect ending. and the vinyl loops at the end

John Violence 07.20.2006 11:08 PM

I'm not gonna lie. I really like Bubblegum.

finding nobody 07.20.2006 11:13 PM

oh yeah! i forgot bubblegum is on the cd. i've got an old copy of the record with no bubblegum :-(

krastian 07.21.2006 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Violence
I am starting to get in an EVOL kick myself. I never think of it as one of da yoof's best albums but it really is.

Darn tootin'.

John Violence 07.21.2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Darn tootin'.

Who farted?

krastian 07.21.2006 12:16 AM

He who smelled it.....

John Violence 07.21.2006 12:17 AM

He who smelled it.....DIDN'T FUCKING FART! Wait is that how it goes?

schizophrenicroom 07.21.2006 12:22 AM

i missed this thread. i just got home about four hours ago.

mom FINALLY agreed to take me to the youth/pearl jam gig in san francisco on the eighteenth. we were in s.f all day, and when we made it down to the civic center right under SPECIAL GUESTS: SONIC YOUTH it said "sold out" in big letters and i wanted to cry (yes, i'm that lame). oh well. i told her they're playing in boston soon and (!!!!!!) she said "we might go to that". weird world.

John Violence 07.21.2006 12:28 AM

Yo Yo Schizo! How was the rest of your trip?

schizophrenicroom 07.21.2006 12:39 AM

it was pretty kickass. there were one or two days we were just stuck in the house (with no ac) but overall i really loved it. the wedding and recepetion were really beautiful and fun.

acousticrock87 07.21.2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i missed this thread. i just got home about four hours ago.

mom FINALLY agreed to take me to the youth/pearl jam gig in san francisco on the eighteenth. we were in s.f all day, and when we made it down to the civic center right under SPECIAL GUESTS: SONIC YOUTH it said "sold out" in big letters and i wanted to cry (yes, i'm that lame). oh well. i told her they're playing in boston soon and (!!!!!!) she said "we might go to that". weird world.

Man, that sucks. There's nothing worse than getting that close. Hopefully the Boston thing will work out.

schizophrenicroom 07.21.2006 12:42 AM

yeah, i'm hoping we can make it.

i perked up after it, though. i swear to god i saw thurston walking down the street. i was going to yell something, but whoever it was (if it was him) was on a cell phone. these gangstas behind me were talking about what they like to do to white chicks all night long, and i didn't really want to interact with them so i stayed quiet.

finding nobody 07.21.2006 01:00 AM

best of you look
here's a weird song i've been listening to
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FC62B94A5FCA55D0

schizophrenicroom 07.21.2006 01:07 AM

i will download it in a few.

i keep getting this weird pain in my head. it feels like that tightening when you get a brain freeze, only there's no freeze. it's weird.

acousticrock87 07.21.2006 01:09 AM

In California it's called a headache. You must have caught it from us.

finding nobody 07.21.2006 01:33 AM

i took a nap from like 6 to 9

ahh, im having flashbacks from the huskers premire
being on stage with wesley willis, the huskers, chuck d, robert smith, julian, the dom, paul maccartney, john bonnam, and all you other pimps, singing "REBEL YELL"
without a doubt, best moment of my life

schizophrenicroom 07.21.2006 02:05 AM

oh damn, i loved that. i was pretty drunk, though. billy dee williams had snuck in vodka.

finding nobody 07.21.2006 02:07 AM

i made sure tp stay dry. i really wanted to remember it all

krastian 07.21.2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
billy dee williams had snuck in vodka.

You are the best.

schizophrenicroom 07.21.2006 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
You are the best.

i try.