Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

!@#$%! 06.25.2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
hahahaha, i'll keep my ears open for weird noises.

!@#$%!: try keith fullerton whitman

whoa, im pretty sure i don't have that. it's only a 120GB drive.

something less esoteric?

schizophrenicroom 06.25.2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

hahahaha, i'll keep my ears open for weird noises.

it'll either be "eeeeeAAAAAHHHhh" or "ack!! ASDFAFJKA" depending on the situation.

!@#$%! 06.25.2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
it'll either be "eeeeeAAAAAHHHhh" or "ack!! ASDFAFJKA" depending on the situation.

oh cmon, cmon! post us a recording!!

schizophrenicroom 06.25.2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Hello, Isn't Sonic Nurse perfect for driving?

yes! i had that on in the car tonight. it's especially great for the huge stretch of i-95 we take to get home.

Everyneurotic 06.25.2007 12:18 AM

!@#$%!: birchville cat motel

schizo: those better be personalized sounds so i can recognize them.

!@#$%! 06.25.2007 12:19 AM

for driving, melt-banana rules.

probably because i drive like a maniac.

SynthethicalY 06.25.2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

yes! i had that on in the car tonight. it's especially great for the huge stretch of i-95 we take to get home.

I went to the bookstore, and I got lost, and went through this desolate area, no houses just the lake, and trees, and Sonic Nurse, so beautiful and so so relaxing. This album always relaxes me.

schizophrenicroom 06.25.2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh cmon, cmon! post us a recording!!

i need a mic. i wanted to record something with danny (himself!) but i couldn't. i should record my laugh...

SynthethicalY 06.25.2007 12:21 AM

!@#$%! It depends on me, if I am driving down the dessert in Califonia, I need relaxing music, or if I am driving down the coast I need noise.

!@#$%! 06.25.2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

!@#$%!: birchville cat motel

schizo: those better be personalized sounds so i can recognize them.

oh man. i haven't been in the yahoo group for 2 years.

i've settled for ismael rivera-- some ancient salsa. it makes me smile to hear shit in spanish, & it wakes me up.

eso no es razon...

my dad used to sing that shit, i remember

schizophrenicroom 06.25.2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

I went to the bookstore, and I got lost, and went through this desolate area, no houses just the lake, and trees, and Sonic Nurse, so beautiful and so so relaxing. This album always relaxes me.

ah, that sounds so beautiful.

nurse relaxes me, too. it even mellowed out my mom's road rage. this guy nearly backed into us and she goes "wow, i like this song".

every-e- damn right, they're personalized. believe me, you'll recognize them. my friends say they could tell my laugh from a mile away.. that "eeeaaahahhh" noise is included in my laugh, complete with a throwing back of my head and sharp inhale. there's also "FLAHHH", used when i am discussing indie rockers i plan to marry.

SynthethicalY 06.25.2007 12:23 AM

Yeah, I don't get why this album gets bashed that much, but whatever, anyways how is everyone.

!@#$%! 06.25.2007 12:26 AM

oh man, noise while driving on the highway puts me to sleep-- dangerous.

nnck can be deadly! :D

Everyneurotic 06.25.2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

every-e- damn right, they're personalized. believe me, you'll recognize them. my friends say they could tell my laugh from a mile away.. that "eeeaaahahhh" noise is included in my laugh, complete with a throwing back of my head and sharp inhale. there's also "FLAHHH", used when i am discussing indie rockers i plan to marry.

wow, you're a complicated little laugher.

i love nurse.

SynthethicalY 06.25.2007 12:30 AM

I think I am moving beyond me right now, what I mean all my thoughts are fluctuating from the old mentality to a new mentality, it is all weird. Is this normal?

schizophrenicroom 06.25.2007 12:31 AM

i know! it's so amazing.

i'm awesome. you?

Everyneurotic 06.25.2007 12:33 AM

i'm fairly ok.

synth: i think i know what you are talking about, i never wondered if it was normal.

schizophrenicroom 06.25.2007 12:34 AM

Quote:

I think I am moving beyond me right now, what I mean all my thoughts are fluctuating from the old mentality to a new mentality, it is all weird. Is this normal?

not at all. i've been switching into a different mode for the past few months. not changing totally, but i'm getting new viewpoints.

every-e- i won't get into the various modes of laughs i have for harlem shakes discussions, balls jokes, etc.. too complicated.

eta: i like the word mode.

SynthethicalY 06.25.2007 12:37 AM

Yeah, for some odd reason it just feels I am going somewhere, but not into how I used to be. I feel I need to put my emotions behind a realistic view of how things are going to happen. Like with this guy I am dating, I don't want to be completely attached to him, cause maybe next year or spring 09 I may go somewhere, and it might not work. Ah I feel oh so strange.

Everyneurotic 06.25.2007 12:37 AM

i think i have, basically, like two laughs, one is for helping the mood and another is the more heartfelt, both are sincere though.

but yes, there's variants for people and places.