Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:55 AM

that i can do. i don't trust people very easily to start with. handling my liquor= dead to me.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
the only sport I ever got into was Tennis.

i don't play as often now as i used to but it helps me learn get centered in gym, and balance out everything i have to do.

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 01:57 AM

Yes it was a good sport to play when I took it in College.

Schizo, what is the link where I can order a cd by the Harlem Shakes?

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
that i can do. i don't trust people very easily to start with. handling my liquor= dead to me.

you'd be surprised @ what a smooth talker can get you to do. oh yes. better to admit it in advance than recognize it too late. forewarned = forearmed.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 01:57 AM

schizo: be yourself, stay what you are and focus on what you want. don't worry about the social aspect much, that way, you'll meet people that are more in line with you rather than force yourself into other people that you might not really get along with.

and just enjoy ny, for baphomet's sake.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 01:58 AM

i fucking hate sports. they bore me. i just run & ride my bike, which iare solitary activities, and therefore enjoyable.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 01:58 AM

i wish i was staying longer next month in ny. it's basically a long weekend. but i guess the fact that i'm going is enough.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
schizo: be yourself, stay what you are and focus on what you want. don't worry about the social aspect much, that way, you'll meet people that are more in line with you rather than force yourself into other people that you might not really get along with.

and just enjoy ny, for baphomet's sake.

yes but the value of college is the social experience as much as the academic one. here you make firndships that last a lifetime. and if you're in an ivy league school, very important connections for your future life/career/etc. the social aspect is important, but can get overwhelming if you try too hard to "fit in" and forget who you are.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 02:00 AM

and you're meeting me!!!

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Schizo, what is the link where I can order a cd by the Harlem Shakes?

harlemshakes.com

every-e- !!!!!!!

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yes but the value of college is the social experience as much as the academic one. here you make firndships that last a lifetime. and if you're in an ivy league school, very important connections for your future life/career/etc. the social aspect is important, but can get overwhelming if you try too hard to "fit in" and forget who you are.

my point was for her to not get too caught up with fitting in, rather have things happen smoothly instead of forcing her into situation she might find awkward at best.

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

That is so true, I never have been anything other than I, nd met some of the coolest people in College. Like this guy who I got to know from a friend of mine. Has just become a very close friend of mine.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 02:03 AM

whatever, you're all awesome.

i've never really been one to fit in. i guess after next year it's all trial and error.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 02:06 AM

in 2 days and a month i'm meeting schizo!

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
whatever, you're all awesome.

but of course! especially me. mememememememememe. :p:D

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

oh i am truly ridiculous. i like that.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 02:09 AM

Quote:

in 2 days and a month i'm meeting schizo!

in two days and a month i'm meeting every-e!!

but i lost my deerhoof (or, in the words of my dad, DEERNUTS!!!!) shirt. until i get a new one.. i'll just be a regular old arm-flapper.

!@#$%!- hahaha.

Everyneurotic 06.27.2007 02:10 AM

you don't worry, you be your eccentric loud lovable self schizo, lots of different people go to columbia, you'll find those who'll understand you and make you laugh and won't get nervous from your arm flapping.

anyway i'm off to bed people, i need to get some sleep, haven't gotten much lately.

!@#$%! 06.27.2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

you don't worry, you be your eccentric loud lovable self schizo, lots of different people go to columbia, you'll find those who'll understand you and make you laugh.

^^ zee man speeks zee truth

--

good night dude

--

i should go write my article soon. it was due sunday. i have until the crack of

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2007 02:10 AM

ah, yes.

sleep is overrated, but have some cool dreams.

SynthethicalY 06.27.2007 02:11 AM

Good night every-e.