Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

schizophrenicroom 07.11.2007 03:27 PM

in about five years my little suburb i call home is supposedly getting an amped-up bus system as well as, gasp, a superwalmart. maybe by 2050 we'll get a school that isn't crowded to three times its capacity.

SynthethicalY 07.11.2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
in about five years my little suburb i call home is supposedly getting an amped-up bus system as well as, gasp, a superwalmart. maybe by 2050 we'll get a school that isn't crowded to three times its capacity.

That's L.A. overfilled with people. That is why I dropped out, no teacher had my interest, so I just went home. I mean how can teachers get the attention of kids, when the classes are filled with so many people.

schizophrenicroom 07.11.2007 03:31 PM

that's why i've sat through so many terrible classes over the years. too many damn kids. the middle school i went to serves six different cities, which i still think is terrible. but luckily now i'm in fairly small classes. my biggest this last year had 30, smallest was somewhere around 12.

SynthethicalY 07.11.2007 03:34 PM

There where never less than 25 in each of my classes.

schizophrenicroom 07.11.2007 03:36 PM

damn. 25 is an alright size, though.

i wonder if the librarian knows i've made more than four logins.

SynthethicalY 07.11.2007 03:38 PM

Only if it is busy, will they say something.

schizophrenicroom 07.11.2007 03:39 PM

probably not. it is fairly busy. and the computer room is behind the help desk so unless they're turned around a whole lot they can't see me.

SynthethicalY 07.11.2007 03:41 PM

Cool, anyways they would have said something already.

schizophrenicroom 07.11.2007 03:43 PM

true. i'm going to slum in here until i feel like heading home. i only came for the computer. i spent two hours in borders yesterday so i'm actually tired of books.

SynthethicalY 07.11.2007 03:46 PM

HAHA, Yeah well I have to go Jade, cause I need to start studying for my final tomorrow. Take care.

schizophrenicroom 07.11.2007 03:47 PM

see you!

sonicl 07.11.2007 04:49 PM

Anticipating a visit to here by Hip Priest, I'm just popping in to say, "Hello, Hip". I'm off to bed though, so I'll probably be logged off by the time you see that you've been said hello to.

Hip Priest 07.11.2007 05:01 PM

Hello everyone. Tip top and tally-ho, and all that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Anticipating a visit to here by Hip Priest, I'm just popping in to say, "Hello, Hip". I'm off to bed though, so I'll probably be logged off by the time you see that you've been said hello to.

Oh I hope you're still here (I'll check in a moment). I do miss yourself and the others during the day, and I hope that everything is as well as can be expected, and maybe better, for all of you, although I'm still quite pleased that we decided at work that we could manage without a computer. My post count has suffered though, and no mistake.

Take care, sonic. Hopefully I'll see you soon.

A more than 20kg mushroom has been picked in a forest in Mexico's southernmost state of Chiapas, university officials said on Tuesday...

Mmmmm.

k-krack 07.11.2007 06:18 PM

Hello, Sebastian!

Hip Priest 07.11.2007 06:19 PM

Hello Steve. Congratulations on the new job.

k-krack 07.11.2007 06:23 PM

Heeey, thanks man. I start tomorrow!
How've you been?

Hip Priest 07.11.2007 06:25 PM

Great. Life is as good as usual, plus I had a go at bellringing at the weekend which has left me even happier than normal ever since.

Have you finished school now, or is this a summer job?

k-krack 07.11.2007 06:29 PM

I'm done school for the Summer, I go back in September (grade 11... wow...), so it's a summer job (but I intend on keeping it longer).

The past couple years have been so quick...

Could you explain a bellringing, if you please?

Hip Priest 07.11.2007 06:32 PM

Bellringing? Certainly...you stand at the bottom of a church tower and pull on a rope, causing a bell at the top of the tower to ring (or 'peal', if you prefer). There are eight ropes and thus eight bells, so if eight people do it in time it sounds very lovely. Just me doing one bell on my own sounded pretty good, to be honest. I learned the two basic strokes on Saturday. I may do it again at some point soon.

k-krack 07.11.2007 06:35 PM

Awesome. I didn't figure that was all there was too it, haha.
I've been known to throw rocks at the old church bell near my school, in order to hear it, that is. We're always in school when it rings, so we can't very well hear it then... we beat the system, see.