Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

Hip Priest 03.26.2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
She put fucking passion into that. I saw it from near the soundboard.

Another Youth drop-in I liked was when they got Melissa Rivers and Ryan Seacrest to wear nothing but body paint and sing along to the entirety of Goo backwards. Did you see that show? During Dirty Boots Ryan went "I GOT DIRTY BOOTS!!" at the entirely wrong time and electrocuted himself. It was amazing.

No, I've only heard tell of that one. I did see the famous furry food fight show, where three girls dressed as Elmo from Sesame Street did improv noise using food from the buffet and hurling it against the instruments. It's great what you can do with a sausage roll and a cymbal.

schizophrenicroom 03.26.2006 05:03 PM

I was one of them dressed as Big Bird. We climbed on amps while the Elmos did their thing. Great times.

It is indeed great.

HaydenAsche 03.26.2006 05:13 PM

You were Big Bird? I was fucking Ernie!

schizophrenicroom 03.26.2006 05:19 PM

Get out of fucking town! I remember tackling some bitch in an Ernie costume. Was that you? And another Big Bird started spraying honey mustard dressing out of a tube on a Cookie Monster.

Hip Priest 03.26.2006 07:35 PM

That other big bird was a dude on the 'net that I know, and he says that some other dude on the 'net was at that show trying to get Vanilla Ice an audition to rap with SY. He insists ome other dude on the 'net has got a tape of Ice rapping over The Diamond Sea - something about flowers being purple or something, I'm not sure.

schizophrenicroom 03.26.2006 07:38 PM

You haven't heard the track "Compton Valley Sea '91"? That's the one where Teh Yoof and Ice collaborated. He bitches on about pink flowers (you were close) while the band plays Diamond Sea and Lydia Lunch pops in and out going "HIIIT IT!!!".

I met that dude punching out Moses in a bathroom stall at a Dictators concert once where Shakira was on guitar. We were trying to get Shakira and Lee to do a duet because they were next door to us recording guitar.

Hip Priest 03.26.2006 07:39 PM

Right, Iheards that shakira and Lee have a history of animosity between them or something. I think shakira freaked out over some ice cream once.

finding nobody 03.26.2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

bob jones when he played electric cello in '81.

could that dude have a more cliche name?

HaydenAsche 03.26.2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Get out of fucking town! I remember tackling some bitch in an Ernie costume. Was that you? And another Big Bird started spraying honey mustard dressing out of a tube on a Cookie Monster.

Hell Yeah It Was! That hurt, btw.

schizophrenicroom 03.26.2006 07:41 PM

Bob Jones is the original motherfucker. He got the snakes on the plane.

Hip Priest- Indeed, they do. Lee was happily eating Superman ice cream in a rainbow cone with Thurston and Shakira saw him and started yelling in her native tongue and belly danced into their table, ending up smashing his ice cream cone into his face. Ever since, they do not speak about this incident. It is referred to as Christmas.

Goo- Haha. I kicked your Ernie ass.

eta: what if any of sonic youth were to ever read this? interesting thought.

Hip Priest 03.26.2006 07:47 PM

Yeah, that makes sense. It explains shakira's 'F*** Ice Cream' song, certainly.

schizophrenicroom 03.26.2006 07:48 PM

Indeed it does. I love that song. "FUCK YOUR SUPERMAN! HA HA CHA!". Classic.

John Violence 03.26.2006 10:04 PM

So what's your favorite SY record? I think i'm gonna go with I Against I with You're Living All Over Me as a close second.

schizophrenicroom 03.26.2006 10:10 PM

Unknown Pleasures, and I heard Daydream Nation was pretty cool.

HaydenAsche 03.26.2006 10:15 PM

Mine is probably The Slim Shady LP

John Violence 03.26.2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Unknown Pleasures, and I heard Daydream Nation was pretty cool.

You must mean Day Moon Rising GooDirty LP.

schizophrenicroom 03.26.2006 10:17 PM

Ahh, yes. Kill Yr Sister Ghosts Idols is pretty kickass too.

sellouteater 03.27.2006 12:34 AM

They have cds?

schizophrenicroom 03.27.2006 01:07 AM

They make them out of cardboard because at a concert Mothers and PETA Against Noise and Animal Products told them it was illegal to make albums out of Joan Rivers.

sellouteater 03.27.2006 01:09 AM

wow thats crazy

schizophrenicroom 03.27.2006 01:23 AM

it's bananas.

sellouteater 03.27.2006 01:25 AM

this shits bananas
B A N A N A S

ever hear that song

hollaback girl

John Violence 03.27.2006 01:32 AM

There is a thing on Youtube where Husker Du is playing a song on the Joan Rivers Show and when she interviews them it is super obvious that she has no idea who they are and she asks stupid questions like Who's the wild one. It's pretty funny.

OK back to the important questions. What are Sonic Youth's favorite cereal. I am pretty sure Lee is a Count Chocula man and Kim likes Pankakes.

sellouteater 03.27.2006 02:15 AM

well, their is nothing going on right now so i'm going to bed.

sellouteater 03.27.2006 02:45 AM

nomadicfollower

.... Man I love Sonic Youth! They're just the greatest!
Have ya'll heard of them? If not, check out any album, everyone of them are wonderful!
And good news, new album coming up soon!

(sellouteater was saying how this is a SY forum and no one talks about SY, so I thought everyone should be reaquainted with the Youth)

remember this?

sellouteater 03.27.2006 04:33 PM

any one?

Hip Priest 03.27.2006 04:40 PM

Yes, I do.

I remember I first read that thread whilst listening to Sonic Youth covers LP by Miles Davis, the one he replaced all the lyrics with whistling on.

schizophrenicroom 03.27.2006 05:12 PM

O
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Violence
There is a thing on Youtube where Husker Du is playing a song on the Joan Rivers Show and when she interviews them it is super obvious that she has no idea who they are and she asks stupid questions like Who's the wild one. It's pretty funny.

OK back to the important questions. What are Sonic Youth's favorite cereal. I am pretty sure Lee is a Count Chocula man and Kim likes Pankakes.

God, that seriously was the best thing I've ever watched. How'd they land a gig on THAT show?

Lee likes Count Chocula and Reese's. Thurston digs Fruity Pebbles, Steve likes to mix those up with Cap'n Crunch. Kim does like Pankakes.

What are Sonic Youth's favorite colors?

John Violence 03.27.2006 05:48 PM

Kim's favorite color is golden blue, and Thurston's is White (cross). Whenever I hear songs an immediate color comes to mind. Does this happen to anybody else? (example The Sprawl makes me think of green and Titanium Expose makes me think of yellow. I think i'm just crazy)

Hip Priest 03.27.2006 06:13 PM

If the Youth were going to spend two weeks on a desert island fending for themselves, but could each take two things from the following list, what would Lee's choices be?

A housebrick
A Broken ruler
A Colouring-in book, filled in.
A Sweet wrapper
A length of telephone wire
The minute hand from a small clock
An empty milk bottle

soapbars 03.27.2006 06:26 PM

does the colouring in book come with the needed pens or crayons?

Hip Priest 03.27.2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapbars
does the colouring in book come with the needed pens or crayons?

No, and it's already been filled in. I'll edit.

schizophrenicroom 03.27.2006 06:38 PM

John Violence- I'm the same way. Every song, every word, everything has a color to me. Expressway is a hot pink with black at the edges.

Lee would be a badass and take the ruler and wire and make a house out of it.

soapbars 03.27.2006 06:38 PM

im sure lee would still take it and possibly the milk bottle

John Violence 03.27.2006 08:08 PM

Crazy! Expressway is pink to me too! You freakin wierdo!

I bet Lee would take the minute hand for the meter man.

schizophrenicroom 03.27.2006 08:21 PM

Who you callin' a weirdo?

:)

What would Thurston take?

John Violence 03.27.2006 08:25 PM

I am calling you a wierdo and by you I mean Youtube and by Youtube I mean Joan Rivers.

Thurston would take his one and only love Mike Watt...that and his record collection.

schizophrenicroom 03.27.2006 08:30 PM

And by Joan Rivers, you mean Chuck Norris, right?

He could make an island out of those damn records.

John Violence 03.27.2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

By Chuck Norris I mean Husker Du Post Axl Rose.

You mean Island Records. HA!

HaydenAsche 03.27.2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Or he could make a raft to get off of the island he's already on?