Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30)

SynthethicalY 08.16.2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Today is a wonderful day. After three days of working 2-3 hours a day (unpaid) overtime, I get to go home from work on time today. Joy, oh joy, oh joy....

Tonight I shall dine on beer and pizza.

Be careful I sent one of my minions to follow you around. Your pizza might be tainted.

SynthethicalY 08.18.2007 11:35 AM

Jade, I think I might get The Raw Shark Texts next paycheck. I was at the bookstor and it seemed interesting.

schizophrenicroom 08.19.2007 03:30 AM

GET IT!

i am deaf. tonight was one of the BEST NIGHTS EVER. against me's last song, everybody jumped up on stage. i jumped.

Inhuman 08.20.2007 07:17 PM

Hey Jico!

Nice Jade, glad you enjoyed Against Me! They're an amazing band with touring, I've seen them twice out of the past 3 years that they visited Ottawa. They're such a fun band live

Hip Priest 08.22.2007 05:59 PM

Hello everyone.

I've never been a fan of fairgrounds, theme parks and the like, but I may be converted:

Ananova:
Town plans potato park

Officials in a Croatian town have started work on a new park dedicated to the humble potato.

It will include potato plant flower beds, a potato themed play park for children with swings and slides shaped like potatoes, and information plaques explaining about the different varieties of potato for visitors.

The potato was chosen as the theme of the park in Belica after it was nominated by the powerful local farmers' union.

It beat off competition from war heroes from World War I and II, as well as the The War of Independence.

A potato monument has already been erected. It was unveiled by local mayor Zvonimir Taradi who praised the vegetable for its role in supplying food and wealth for locals for generations.

He said: "Families in Belica have been living from potatoes for years, and when it came to a choice of what to dedicate the new park to, it was an obvious selection."

The three feet high monument in the centre of the village dwarfs the nearby monuments to the heroes of WWI, WWII and The War of Independence in Croatia.

Daily newspaper Vecernji List said villagers plan to start work on the rest of the potato park once the harvest has finished.

Danny Himself 08.22.2007 06:02 PM

A 'potato-themed' anything is a great idea.

Hip Priest 08.22.2007 06:08 PM

I might submit a planning application for a cheese theme park.

My plans have the unfortunate aspect that pretty much the whole of Birkenhead North would have to be demolished, along with the MacDonalds in Birkenhead town centre. On the plus side, however, pretty much the whole of Birkenhead North would have to be demolished, along with the MacDonalds in Birkenhead town centre.

nicfit 08.22.2007 06:24 PM

oh well, it's been a while since my last post in here, sooo... hello to each and everyone of you! Too bad it's time for bed now here.... but you guys keep on with this thread, I want 20000 posts by september 23rd.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 08.22.2007 06:43 PM

that'd be swell.
I haven't contributed much to it though.

Danny Himself 08.23.2007 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I might submit a planning application for a cheese theme park.

My plans have the unfortunate aspect that pretty much the whole of Birkenhead North would have to be demolished, along with the MacDonalds in Birkenhead town centre. On the plus side, however, pretty much the whole of Birkenhead North would have to be demolished, along with the MacDonalds in Birkenhead town centre.

I laughed hysterially at this. Oh, Birkenhead jokes. And also, the humour in the absurdity of anybody getting planning permission for a cheese theme park is beyond human comprehension.

Whoops, cumbria beat us to it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/4461911.stm

A £44m cheese "theme park", creating 70 new jobs, is to be built in Cumbria, council planners have confirmed.

Dutch consortium, Partners in Cheese (PiC), is to build the Lakeland Dairy Park at Lillyhall, near Workington.
The park will be built around a state-of-the art cheddar cheese factory, which will initially use 250 million litres of milk.
The scheme is good news for the area, which has suffered more than 300 job losses in recent months.
Made of a number of Dutch dairy businesses, the company has already appointed project managers to build the plant in the wake of planning approval from Allerdale Borough Council.
It has pledged to use milk from local farmers at the plant, which is expected to open in April 2006.
'Great enthusiasm'
Ronald Akkerman, managing director of PiC, said: "Getting planning permission means we have cleared a major hurdle.
"We can now progress our discussions with both potential customers and prospective milk suppliers.
"At present, some 60-70% of milk produced in Cumbria is shipped out of the area for processing. There is great enthusiasm for keeping that milk in Cumbria, giving it an identity in the market place and adding value through a factory in which local milk producers have a stake.
"In addition, we have experience of a similar project in Holland, built along comparable lines and with the same ownership structure.
"That is making good profits and returning a healthy milk price to local farmers. We will be able to do the same thing in Cumbria." A public meeting on the company's plans is to be held at the Green Hill Hotel, near Wigton on 3 May.

Hip Priest 08.23.2007 05:14 PM

Oh happy days! I wonder if they do annual membership.

Hip Priest 08.23.2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody

Good question.

schizophrenicroom 08.23.2007 06:23 PM

of course bright eyes goes on tour again and skips florida. EFF YOU, conor.

Everyneurotic 08.23.2007 06:42 PM

schizo!!!!!!! i miss you!!

bright eyes are coming to mexico, i'll make sure i won't go.

Danny Himself 08.23.2007 06:46 PM

Bright Eyes cancelled their Liverpool show.

jade says:
you move so fast
jade says:
like.. a SEX CHEETAH

schizophrenicroom 08.24.2007 10:24 PM

hee.

HI EVERY-E!! i miss you too!

if we get some kickass footage of our upcoming games i promise to somehow get it online.

Everyneurotic 08.24.2007 11:05 PM

are you still there schizo?

vulva 08.24.2007 11:07 PM

I still haven't heard Confusion Is Sex, is that bad?

Everyneurotic 08.24.2007 11:08 PM

that's their best record, vulva

vulva 08.24.2007 11:09 PM

I might give it a listen. I'm actually really new to this band so I'm finding my way around them.