Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So now I wont be graduating from University this fall on a technicallity
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.07.2008, 03:33 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
and alas, I am broken with angst and frustration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZJ7Uc9jzA
A groan of tedium escapes me
Startling the fearful
Is this a test?
It has to be
Otherwise I can't go on

Draining patience
Drain vitality
This paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old

But I'm still right here
Giving blood, keeping faith
And I'm still right here

But I'm still right here
Giving blood, keeping faith
And I'm still right here

If there were no rewards to reap
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would've walked away
By now

Gonna wait it out

If there were no desire to heal
The damaged and broken met along
By now

And I still may
I still may

Be patient
Be patient
Be patient

I must keep reminding myself of this

If there were no rewards to reap
No loving embrace to see me through
By now

And I still may
And I still may
And I still may
And I...

Gonna wait it out
Gonna wait it out
Wait it out
Gonna wait it out

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2008, 03:34 PM   #2
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry.

Oh, well. At least you're still in university and haven't been kicked out.
Old 05.07.2008, 03:59 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Sorry.

Oh, well. At least you're still in university and haven't been kicked out.

well they have no grounds to kick me out, I am a "honor" student there, however I do count my blessings that I have not crapped out and been bankrupted into dropping out just yet.

Old 05.07.2008, 04:01 PM   #4
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Then go shit on the headmaster's lawn, for Christ's sake.
Old 05.07.2008, 04:18 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Then go shit on the headmaster's lawn, for Christ's sake.

headmaster? he's not in prep school is he?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2008, 04:21 PM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fuck, that sucks. technicalities! principalities!
Old 05.07.2008, 04:25 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
college is a technicality. you're supposed to accumulate points, meet requirements, etc-- and you're responsible for hitting your marks-- that's part of the socialization process of it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2008, 04:29 PM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it is called "education"
Old 05.08.2008, 06:36 PM   #9
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
special characters dude has a point. keeping a field of vision open on all the checkpoints and hoops etc. an undergrad needs to jump through is an unfortunate reality of higher education. best thing to do is learn from what you missed and keep it in mind for the future.

sometimes it seems like academic institutions are purposefully designed to add as many beaurocratic hurdles as they possibly can. ways to combat this: maintain communication with advisors, profs, deans etc.

it may seem trivial compared to deep independent research, but if you can learn to scope it now, it just pays off in the future.

i say this now as an undergrad myself with still more time to put in, but i've seen students over and over again have to stay for extra semesters due to misunderstandings, bad advising, or simply tech. errors within the system.

did you miss a gen ed req or something?
Old 05.09.2008, 02:01 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

twomp bait fo sheez-ay!

sega lai igziabeher!
[by the grace of God]

the technicality has been solved, and should be taken care of to my benefit and not affect my ability to graduate this fall 2008, as originally anticipated. The history advisor shifted some things around on the computer, and the same parasitical bureaucracy that was fucking me over worked against itself to find the neutrality I was seeking. worst case-scenario, one more hoop as an added class to this last semester, but with the finish line of this first race [let alone graduate school] in sight, yalecheggar no! [Would be no trouble]I just want to get the fuck up outa there! most of the people have all the "CSULB" pride crap, they are crazy! that university is a scam!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth