Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page HELP! not the beatles album
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.17.2007, 01:04 AM   #1
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
how do you record LPs onto the computer using audacity? i have the turntable plugged into the jacks on the back of my CPU, but it's not recording anything. HALP HALP HALP HALP.
Old 03.17.2007, 01:06 AM   #2
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Shit...I've always wonder how yr supposed to do that... it makes perfect sense now, though!
...(No, I can't help you... but now that I want to find out for myself, I could get help)...

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 01:09 AM   #3
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
WAIT! never mind!

for anyone who wants to know...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help...=records-tapes
Old 03.17.2007, 01:45 AM   #4
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

well, FUCK ME, but i don't think my STUPID MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT RECIEVER has enough jacks/the right jacks on it to do the job. COCKSUCKER.
i am really mad. i can't decide if i want to cry or if i want to smash something. right now i am sitting here laughing.
Old 03.17.2007, 01:51 AM   #5
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
What the fuck are you laughing at???

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 02:03 AM   #6
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

nothing at all. maybe the fact that i'm laughing is the funny thing.

i put all of the electronic musical devices back where they belong. i've had enough anger and frustration for one night. i might have another reciever lying around somewhere, i'll try again some other time.
Old 03.17.2007, 06:00 AM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I have a special... thing.. that plugs into the USB that records cassettes and vinyl to mp3.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 06:07 AM   #8
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
well, FUCK ME, but i don't think my STUPID MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT RECIEVER has enough jacks/the right jacks on it to do the job. COCKSUCKER.
i am really mad. i can't decide if i want to cry or if i want to smash something. right now i am sitting here laughing.

okay.

i used to know this
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 09:01 AM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous

dear canks,

smashing always helps, preferrably if it's the skull of an unwary human being driftying by. glass bottles offer the additional benefit of leaving small sharp particles encrusted in the scalp, for hours and hours of surgical fun.

now that the streee is out, lemme ask: does your receiver have tape in/tape out jacks? i forget which is which, if "tape in" means "in from the tape" or "into the tape" but fuck, its 7 am, and i just woke up hungry.

the point is that one jack goes out from the receiver into the tape, so you can record records, radio, etc. the other catches the tape signal and plays it out to the speakers, so you can playback the shit.

you want to substitute your cassette tape for your computer. adios tapes. so, leave your turntable plugged to your receiver, and activate it as if you were to listen... then click on the tape button (tape in? tape out? shit...) so that the signal that's coming from the receiver from the turntable goes out to the tape/computer.

now 2 things: the other end of the cable should go into your line in in the computer. make sure it's not in mute or otherwise deactivated/fucked. if you run windows you click on the little speaker thing on the system tray (bottom right) and your audio controls are going to open. then you go options --> properties --> adjust volume for --> select the recording button. the recording control box will appear. select the "line in" as the input,you see.

is this getting too long? i hope not.

anyway, you could jack your turntable directly into your computer provided it has a preamp. old school turntables don't have this, a preamp is provided behind the "phono" jack in the receiver. that's why it's special. newer turntables often come with a built-in preamp so that you can connect them to any line-in jack in the receiver, because people no longer make too many receivers with "phono" jacks.

ok. i hope i've spared the cranium of an innocent-- for the time being anyway.

love,

beelzebub
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 10:30 AM   #10
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be over in about 20 minutes with a usb cable for it.
Old 03.17.2007, 03:03 PM   #11
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
dear canks,

smashing always helps, preferrably if it's the skull of an unwary human being driftying by. glass bottles offer the additional benefit of leaving small sharp particles encrusted in the scalp, for hours and hours of surgical fun.

now that the streee is out, lemme ask: does your receiver have tape in/tape out jacks? i forget which is which, if "tape in" means "in from the tape" or "into the tape" but fuck, its 7 am, and i just woke up hungry.

the point is that one jack goes out from the receiver into the tape, so you can record records, radio, etc. the other catches the tape signal and plays it out to the speakers, so you can playback the shit.

you want to substitute your cassette tape for your computer. adios tapes. so, leave your turntable plugged to your receiver, and activate it as if you were to listen... then click on the tape button (tape in? tape out? shit...) so that the signal that's coming from the receiver from the turntable goes out to the tape/computer.

now 2 things: the other end of the cable should go into your line in in the computer. make sure it's not in mute or otherwise deactivated/fucked. if you run windows you click on the little speaker thing on the system tray (bottom right) and your audio controls are going to open. then you go options --> properties --> adjust volume for --> select the recording button. the recording control box will appear. select the "line in" as the input,you see.

is this getting too long? i hope not.

anyway, you could jack your turntable directly into your computer provided it has a preamp. old school turntables don't have this, a preamp is provided behind the "phono" jack in the receiver. that's why it's special. newer turntables often come with a built-in preamp so that you can connect them to any line-in jack in the receiver, because people no longer make too many receivers with "phono" jacks.

ok. i hope i've spared the cranium of an innocent-- for the time being anyway.

love,

beelzebub
but that's what i did and it didn't work! line in is turned all the way up! i want to fucking kill someone!
Old 03.17.2007, 03:07 PM   #12
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.adstech.com/products/RDX-...sp?pid=RDX-150

This particular product is what I use. It's worth the money and it comes with some cool de-fuzzing and de-crackling software and stuff. USB.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 03:37 PM   #13
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I suppose you already selected "line in" as the input in audacity, right?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 05:34 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
I suppose you already selected "line in" as the input in audacity, right?

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 11:28 PM   #15
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I need one of those things for my bands old shows/ half hour jams that we did using a shitty mic in a tape recorder.

Does anybody know how much one of those badboys that Danny posted costs?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth