Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.14.2024, 05:49 PM   #25661
Genteel Death 2
little trouble girl

Genteel Death 2 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends

I've enjoyed this. I like it reminded me of a milder 'Buffalo 66' with a teen (?) delinquency love story to match. Recommended by friends. I am the least knowledgeable person about movies ever, so it made for nice Sunday evening viewing. David Yow is in it!
Genteel Death 2 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #25662
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death 2
I've re-watched 'Threads' on Thursday on the BBC iPlayer because it was on the day before, so it was still available to view in good quality. The first time I've watched it was some years ago, I think I may have bought some VHS copy of it from some second hand shop after someone tipped me off to it. It's very bleak and still shows perfectly the chaos and destruction the capitalist system brings to human existence in colour. Everything leads up to misery. I can only compare it in terms of bleakness to watching a Channel 4 drama called 'No Child of Mine' I've seen some years ago, or a feature film like 'Lilya 4-ever'.

I'm going to watch Threads at the weekend via iPlayer, been wanting to see it for a long time after hearing how bleak it is and how it still holds up despite it's age. I'm thinking it will be similar to Raymond Briggs' When the Wind Blows.

Speaking of bleakness, I watched The Coffee Table. It handles taboo subjects but in an abnormal humorous way. Billed as horror but is possibly, without hyperbole, the darkest comedy I have ever seen.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
784118412341274128112821283 1284
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth