Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Baby Dump!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.12.2007, 07:57 PM   #21
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
so did it turn up then?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 05:37 AM   #22
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Ha!

I don't like children. Unless I can give them back, and even then, only a select few enter my good graces. I do not blanketly find babies cute. I find their squalling, evacuation of bodily wastes, and dependency highly unappealing. Is this their fault? No. However, I would certainly never saddle myself with such a burden, in hopes of my nonexistent maternal instincts "kicking in." The problem with American society is the thoughtlessness with which many bear children, and the readiness to unload the responsibility of their development upon society/other individuals when the realization that they were not suited to bear human life descends upon them.

Which is to say, I am one of those people that is far too selfish to have kids; the difference is, I know it, and it is therefore an impossibility.

If anyone strikes me as being someone who would end up married to a cop and have kids with him + a little puppy,that's you.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:07 AM   #23
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
my initial reaction to someone about to leave a baby in my office would not be to post about it on the sy forum and call a hospital. thats what i grasp from this thread i cant really see much about it as i have the mentally ill on ignore.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 10:12 AM   #24
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Anyhow...

Since I'm sure you were all dying to know, they did drop the baby off (and for informational purposes, I wouldn't call the hospital - we ARE the first point of contact/dropoff, and we send the baby to the hospital after receiving it). My only concern was that I had to call a paramedic back here when they arrived, as you have to give the child to a uniformed firefighter/paramedic, and I worried that instead of waiting for the medic to arrive, they would just leave the baby and flee. There would be all kinds of legal issues there; it's not like I could physically stop them from leaving, but by not leaving the child with a uniform, they're breaking the law.

So, I only had about ten minutes with the thing, which was frightening enough, as it was a day old, and crying ferociously. The ambulance then came back and transported it to the hospital where, as Kegmama's article somewhat describes, it goes through a bit of bureaucratic rigamarole prior to being placed for adoption.

I would have pitied it, but as Tokolosh pointed out, the prospective life of a child in such incapable hands is quite dire. Chances are, it will be much better off, whatever situation it ends up in. I have mixed feelings about this law; loosely similar to the discussions on legalization of drugs and prostitution, there are different sides to the coin on the effects this may have. I'd prefer babies to be left on fire station doorsteps rather than immersed in last night's trash, but does this state-sanctioned "easy out" encourage carelessness in birth control?

"Did you bring a condom? Ah, fuck it, the cop station's right around the corner."
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 10:22 AM   #25
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I'd prefer babies to be left on fire station doorsteps rather than immersed in last night's trash, but does this state-sanctioned "easy out" encourage carelessness in birth control?

"Did you bring a condom? Ah, fuck it, the cop station's right around the corner."

Well, the nine-month wait followed by excruciating labor makes the "careless birth control" thing seem like a non-issue. That's what we have RU-486 for, remember?
It does make flaking out easier, but this kind of desperation is rare in any case. I have a feeling you won't be dealing with this situation again any time in the foreseeable future.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 10:59 AM   #26
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
You'd be surprised; this is the third time in about 8 months.

And while your theory is logical to me, enough people as it is seem willing to tolerate/dismiss the minor annoyance of extreme, prolonged physical discomfort for one good screw, so I wouldn't put anything past that ilk.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 11:01 AM   #27
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Wow.
I had no idea.
Society is even more fucked up than I thought, and I already thought it was pretty fucked up.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 11:20 AM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the law states that any person who has an unwanted baby for whatever reason can drop off the baby with a police station or a fire station and no questions will eb asked, nor will they be prosecuted.

this is a result of so many women and girls dumping babies in dumpsters or in garbage cans in alleys or just leaving them on doorsteps.

It is harsh but it is a decent solution i think.

that way child protective srervices can get involved before the baby suffers any damage.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth