Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Today I am a poseur...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.25.2007, 03:09 PM   #41
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
All American men.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2007, 03:40 PM   #42
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Can anyone recommend me any Men On Film films? My film collection is lacking in this department. Thank you!

North by Northwest

Gimme Shelter

The Royal Tennenbaums
Old 10.25.2007, 03:41 PM   #43
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I wore my stressed jeans to my wife's office today and she made shit of them. What am I to think? Is divorce around the corner? Synth, will you take me in, torn jeans and all?
Old 10.25.2007, 03:48 PM   #44
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
I accidently bought some jeans that have these stress line things on the top of the thighs. I don't even wear them.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2007, 04:00 PM   #45
gmku
invito al cielo

Really, these things aren't bad. They're just different for me. Until recently I've only worn Levis 550s.
Old 10.25.2007, 09:22 PM   #46
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I wore my stressed jeans to my wife's office today and she made shit of them. What am I to think? Is divorce around the corner? Synth, will you take me in, torn jeans and all?

Yes, bring your records.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2007, 09:34 PM   #47
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

mang, as a fellow homeworking slob, i often work in my pajamas, but since i am trained in wearing the costumes of normalcy, i keep a set of "business casual" clothes ,and suits & ties, which i wear only for meetings with clients and squares, funerals, etc. once im back home, it's pajamas again. ha ha ha ha. yea.

the feds all work suits at the office, no? can't disappoint the wife or she might force you to take a real job.

in other words:

O make me a mask and a wall to shut from your spies
Of the sharp, enamelled eyes and the spectacled claws
Rape and rebellion in the nurseries of my face,
Gag of dumbstruck tree to block from bare enemies
The bayonet tongue in this undefended prayerpiece,
The present mouth, and the sweetly blown trumpet of lies,
Shaped in old armour and oak the countenance of a dunce
To shield the glistening brain and blunt the examiners,
And a tear-stained widower grief drooped from the lashes
To veil belladonna and let the dry eyes perceive
Others betray the lamenting lies of their losses
By the curve of the nude mouth or the laugh up the sleeve.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 07:20 AM   #48
gmku
invito al cielo

True. At the same time, one of the bennies of working as an "independent contractor" is that your dress code is your own. I will consider the client and the environs, though, but I steer wide of the corporate look. I figure if they have to be in a suit and tie, hey, that's their problem.
Old 10.26.2007, 07:33 AM   #49
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
haha those jeans are the worst
i dont own a pair of jeans because the pre faded jeans is the only thing in the shops unless i wanna pay 120$ for some fucking jeans..bollocks
Old 10.26.2007, 07:51 AM   #50
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
atleast yr smart though.

(a little secret: most people are posers. everyone has looked up to someone at some point and "stolen" traits from them that they thought made that other specail someone "cool") < i sure as fuck have. matter of factly...therse only two people on this board that i havent gathered that from (that they do/have done that) < im sure they have at some point too though.

Good point. I've always been like that. I never thought of it as posing, actually, more looking to a role model for how to dress. I think that's just helpful in making sense of all the choices.

I also figure two things: Life's too short not to wear what you want, no matter what it is or what other people think of it; and I can't look any worse that 90 percent of people out there.

Right now Hank Moody is my role model. Whenever I'm stumped about what to put on, I just ask myself, "What would Hank Moody wear?" Works every time.
Old 10.26.2007, 07:54 AM   #51
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
mang, as a fellow homeworking slob, i often work in my pajamas, but since i am trained in wearing the costumes of normalcy, i keep a set of "business casual" clothes ,and suits & ties, which i wear only for meetings with clients and squares, funerals, etc. once im back home, it's pajamas again. ha ha ha ha. yea.

tve.

You know, I'm on the fence about working in pajamas, robes, etc. at home. I equate them with illness, depression, and, of course, sleep. I'm afraid I'd get less work done than if I dressed up in attire that I'd go out into public in. At the same time, it's definitely the comfortable way to go.
Old 10.26.2007, 08:00 AM   #52
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Cut it out. I look goooodd. The salesclerk told me so, and she wouldn't lie.
speaking of salesclerks,
the other day i was walking thru chinatown and i saw a robe that i liked in some shop, magenta with gold cherry blossoms so i decided to stop in and maybe buy it real quick on my way to wherever i was going (i think i ended up down by the east river) and she held me up for fucking EVER. "what about this one, this one nice!" (keep in mind that she was chinese and spoke poor english) everything is always "nice" with them. and also, they always go "it's X price, but (slightly lower price), for you". uh no. you do that to everyone, elderly chinese woman, because you want to make the sale and hustle their ass out so you can make a killing before you get deported.
and there is your lesson on the sales techniques of elderly asian women in chinatown.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2007, 10:18 AM   #53
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
True. At the same time, one of the bennies of working as an "independent contractor" is that your dress code is your own. I will consider the client and the environs, though, but I steer wide of the corporate look. I figure if they have to be in a suit and tie, hey, that's their problem.

yes but they are willing to pay you more and listen to your "expertise" if they allow your clothes to fool them.

do you remember the little prince? asteroid number.. something something?

ha ha hm, look:

http://home.pacific.net.hk/~rebylee/text/prince/4.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth