Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Paris Boardies Are Any of You Affected by the Riots?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.28.2007, 06:45 PM   #21
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
these immigrants also (unlike, say, in the u.s.) remain political & economical outsiders.

why exactly or how, i'm not sure.

I think it is much more on the political level than on the economical one... In any case, here is an article I incidentally read yesterday and which might be of interest to you (since I know you read french): http://www.21eme-siecle.org/assets/f...le%20vague.pdf
There I learned that for a matter of months, France could have had a Black President (well, by interim) in 1968 after De Gaulle resigned, in the person of Gaston Monnerville...
Then again, I don't know what to make of those types of articles, if they are too optimistic or not...
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2007, 06:56 PM   #22
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
No , I was refering to Daniel Cohn-Bendit , who’s the one who said : we are all german jews! / Nous sommes tous des Juifs allemands!! , back in 1968. ( he is a german jew , but what’s the point ?! )

It was not actually him but the other students who started chanting that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Cohn-Bendit

His "foreign" origins were highlighted by opponents of the student movement, leading to students taking up the chant, "Nous sommes tous les juifs allemands" ("We are all German Jews").

(sorry, I spent a few minutes having trouble phrasing that in English, so I eventually decided it would be easier for everyone to copy that from there!)
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2007, 07:26 PM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by o o o
I think it is much more on the political level than on the economical one... In any case, here is an article I incidentally read yesterday and which might be of interest to you (since I know you read french): http://www.21eme-siecle.org/assets/f...le%20vague.pdf
There I learned that for a matter of months, France could have had a Black President (well, by interim) in 1968 after De Gaulle resigned, in the person of Gaston Monnerville...
Then again, I don't know what to make of those types of articles, if they are too optimistic or not...

oh thank you, i'll check that out. actually ive downloaded & will read. thanks!

ps - it's always funny to see "le business"
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth