Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page my very first show ended some hours ago.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.24.2007, 01:16 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrelefuckingsexisme

way fucking cool!
Old 12.24.2007, 01:28 PM   #22
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
to be honest, sometimes i feel like shit after a gig sometimes a feel nothing and sometimes i feel on top of the world,

depends how it goes really,

theres nothing wrong with any reaction and none mean you are good, bad or anything else,

like sometimes playing a really great gig can leave you emotionally drained and sort of numbs you and your emotions afterwards making it harder to comprehend how you feel about the gig,

dunno if that makes sense
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2007, 12:57 PM   #24
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
that bass looks bigger than you.

Yes It's a Hofner (like Paul Mc Cartney) isn't it ?
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2007, 07:31 PM   #25
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

contrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Yes It's a Hofner (like Paul Mc Cartney) isn't it ?

It's an Univox bass guitar Hofner's style.
A friend lent it to me. I need something like it.
But first I need money to get something like it. hajsd
Old 12.25.2007, 07:33 PM   #26
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

contrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbars
to be honest, sometimes i feel like shit after a gig sometimes a feel nothing and sometimes i feel on top of the world,

depends how it goes really,

theres nothing wrong with any reaction and none mean you are good, bad or anything else,

like sometimes playing a really great gig can leave you emotionally drained and sort of numbs you and your emotions afterwards making it harder to comprehend how you feel about the gig,

dunno if that makes sense

It completely makes sense. I don't think anyone in the band feels the same, anyway.
I haven't talked much about it with them, anyway.
After we were done with the show we all went to different places with our friends and then the whole X-mas shit came up. and bleh bleh bleh.
Old 12.25.2007, 07:39 PM   #27
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha

well since everything you were doing before the show was for the show then when the show is over it's like you have nothing else to do, and your brain misses the excitement/motivation/etc.

or/and if you're an introverted person who gets their energy from being alone, being in a crowd drains you & you have to recharge after. sleep is good. i often get "peopled out" & have to lock myself up in my fortress of solitude. ha. no, really.

i always end up quite drained by people. but the thing is that when i'm having a good time with that people, i usually feel like shit when it's over.
anyway, i behaved in a way i never thought i would behave like in front of people (even in front of my friends)
now i can't wait to go back to rehearsing and getting another gig to play...at the same time i feel like i should calm down, as i'm just the fucking bassist in a band i don't even write the music or/and lyrics for. (at least that's how i feel about it.)
Old 12.25.2007, 07:55 PM   #28
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
firstly congrats on yr first gig.
i remember my first one. 18 years old and with a cold, on fucking June. unbelievable, man! but I went on nonetheless.

I sometimes felt incredibly worn after a gig. one particularly, it all felt so useless. It's a drag, if you think about the current state of live music. Mostly they want djs rocking the place or something else, something that they can relate to. But the masses are quicly forgetting the way live music used to be. Right now it's all just too cruel to me.

It brings the eternal debate - why do I do it / who do I do it for? becuz ultimately it's safe to assume that being part of a musical project you should be looking forward to having an audience. All I can think of is right now, I do it just for myself.

What else can I say - I do need live shows but the way things go in my town, it's all just a drag. The best performances draw energy out of the crowd... when the crowd sucks, or there's just none... what can you do?

My last gig was very cool. In a theatrem where we got to jam with killer players. Next time around I know I would want it to be packed, but I know it's not gonna happen here. Maybe Charlie from THOUGHT FORMS will help us out for something to do in England! That would rule.

Keep up the killer work, Contre... music keeps me alive and I bet it's the same for all of us.
Old 12.26.2007, 08:17 AM   #29
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i always end up quite drained by people. but the thing is that when i'm having a good time with that people, i usually feel like shit when it's over.
anyway, i behaved in a way i never thought i would behave like in front of people (even in front of my friends)
now i can't wait to go back to rehearsing and getting another gig to play...at the same time i feel like i should calm down, as i'm just the fucking bassist in a band i don't even write the music or/and lyrics for. (at least that's how i feel about it.)

Do you recognize yourself in those descriptions ? http://www.socialphobia.org/whatis.html

I think you may suffer from social anxiety (as I myself do).
Old 12.26.2007, 08:21 AM   #30
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Quote:

Yes, I think you should relax as it's not your own music you play (it's less involving), and appreciate the good experience it is.
Old 12.26.2007, 10:36 AM   #31
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I felt great after my first show. Terribly nervous before it started but relieved after the show was over.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2007, 10:39 AM   #32
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
My first show has been my second favourite show ever. Before the show we ate a great fish dinner + white wine with the owners, than we played a really great and fun gig, and another plus, we opened for a really nice band:

http://www.myspace.com/hcbgroup

so right after our set was finished we stayed there to see those guys playing while other people came to complment us on our "sounds" and the owners offered us beers and so on. Not much time to properly "think" about the gig itself, the atmosphere and mood were too good.

p.s. Agusta, I like your "solo" stuff better, to be honest
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2007, 01:04 PM   #33
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

yeah, i completely underestand that you like my solo stuff better hahaha
i don't feel identified by the music of this band at all. and the lyrics...i don't usually write lyrics about boys and stuff like that. this is clearly a pop band project.
i just thought it would be a good experience to play in a band in which the songs are completely structured and have nothing to do with me, at all. (since it's impossible to me to play live what i record by myself. i don't even know what i've played to record those songs. i tend to tune the guitars in different ways. ways i don't even take note of because i just tune it and when it sounds nice, i start seeing what can be taken from it.)
when my neighbour showed me the songs i said i could play the bass guitar for her (i originally took guitar lessons, then got myself a bass guitar and learnt by myself. i was way more interested in learning more of bass guitar than guitar.)
there's this one guy playing the 2nd guitar, whose solo music sounds like mine. and he still cannot get used to or actually adapt as a musician in what this project is like. and i totally understand him. that doesn't make him a BAD musician. but that's what the rest think. and i don't know.
blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
My first show has been my second favourite show ever. Before the show we ate a great fish dinner + white wine with the owners, than we played a really great and fun gig, and another plus, we opened for a really nice band:

http://www.myspace.com/hcbgroup

so right after our set was finished we stayed there to see those guys playing while other people came to complment us on our "sounds" and the owners offered us beers and so on. Not much time to properly "think" about the gig itself, the atmosphere and mood were too good.

p.s. Agusta, I like your "solo" stuff better, to be honest
Old 12.26.2007, 01:14 PM   #34
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
my first gig was at the place i took guitar lessons, the people there formed groups between us students and then we would decide what song we should play. it was basically a showcase for parents, friends and gfs/bfs to see us.

i ended up opening the show and i played sabbath's paranoid (i was singing and playing guitar), i was so nervous my knee was shaking involuntarly; later on, i played with other people, backing one of the guitar teachers on a blues number and then i came back to play and sing nirvana's about a girl. since then, i've never felt nervous before a gig, i feel anxious.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2007, 01:56 PM   #35
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

i'm reading this. but i don't think i feel all of this.
for example, i do get really nervous when i'm walking thru an area in which i fear i'm going to run into someone i don't really feel like talking to or saying hello to. (for example, when i go to shows i know i'm going to see certain people. or at least there's high probability that i will.)

"The socially anxious person can't relax, "take it easy", and enjoy themselves in public. In fact, they can never fully relax when other people are around. It always feels like others are evaluating them, being critical of them, or "judging" them in some way."
I blame my mother for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Do you recognize yourself in those descriptions ? http://www.socialphobia.org/whatis.html

I think you may suffer from social anxiety (as I myself do).

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth