Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Best Summer Job Ever
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.21.2008, 03:05 PM   #1
fluxequalsrad
stalker

fluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's asses
So I am a university student, and the past couple of summers I've ended up working for a restaurant or something with food and I really don't wanna do that this summer.

I am doing my research here and looking for suggestions for a great summer job, so I don't get stuck working in a food-prep hall all summer again.

Once again I have no real skills or education besides highschool and the restaurant business/grocery stores.

anybody have any good expiriences? suggestions?
fluxequalsrad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 03:46 PM   #2
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
can you swim? perform cpr? if not... learn how.

i used to get paid anywhere from 12 to 16 dollars an hour to play frisbee with my girlfriend by the pool. and that was in the early 90s, i'm sure it's more now. the only down side is that you may get asked to save a drowning person one day. i lifeguarded for years and never had to do it. still, don't do it unless you think you could actually dive in the water and help an unconscious swimmer or worse, a flailing screaming panicking swimmer. but if you find a job at an agency that staffs barely frequented pools, you can get lucky and not have to deal with actual swimmers interrupting your sunbathing or making out or what ever else you happen to be doing with your girlfriend alone at a pool you both work at (i.e. can lock up for a while...)

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 05:37 PM   #3
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
I was a rock star during the holidays when I was at college. It was fun and paid well.
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 05:44 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

this works out if you like money and crazy chicks (or bitches, what ever your preference)

but of course, if you want to avoid

then this dude's job just might be the appropriate middle man

and just up wind is

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 06:23 PM   #5
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
why dont you do this instead?

http://www.isvonline.com/

a few of my friends did. I wish I could've. it sounded awesome.

except you probably wont make money.

but it'd be way more fun.
Old 01.22.2008, 01:44 AM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
ive worked landscaping with my brother and our other buddy in out current band for the past two summers, and honestly, i love it. get excercise, tan, feel healthy, get out at 4, smoke cigarettes, talk bullshit, the boss is hardly ever around just checks on you once in a while, and best of all, we all made 14 dollars an hour so we could all afford equipment to make noise, as well as cigarette, coffee, beer, and drug money was never sparse. ive worked at a newbury comics too, but i didnt like it too much i always worked the same shift with this dude who got off on the blood brothers and my chemical romance and always hogged the record player. not sure if landscaping is your thing, but as far as summer jobs go nothing is better to me.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth